E3 2013 - Part 1

So I always knew that I would get a PS4 as I have stuck with Playstation (and Nintendo) even during their tough start last gen., but the end of that conference just validated and rewarded my faith in Sony. Not sure I will get one at launch as I want all the kinks worked out but come 2014-15 PS4 is mine.

Also excited for KH3.

aside from the paid online play with PS+, Sony really delivered everything I was hoping for.

Goodbye X1.

Hello PS4!!!

It's just completely amazing how Sony handled everything. Announce the PS4 in February. Be completely silent till for months. Murder your competition at E3.
It all started in February. They said they'd let MS come out with Next Gen first, then they launched a surprise attack by announcing the PS4. Then they wait for a counter attack, which MS completely failed at by pushing away the core fanbase. Then they sat patiently and silently as MS tried to come out first today, and even though they delivered a solid conference this morning, Sony launched an all out assault on everything that MS was saying wrong.

They were truly Ninjas throughout all of this.

The one thing I will miss about the Xbox will be its controller. I really got used to that thing but it shouldn't take me long to get used to the PS controller again seeing as I still play my PS2 every now and then.

I'm very interested in their lineup, too.

Second Son looked great, Elder Scrolls Online is now an MMO I'm interested in, Mad Max looked like it could be interesting...because I love Mad Max. The Indie games, like Don't Starve, are right up my alley, and games I'm interested in are multiplatform anyways on this like Watch Dogs, ACIV, The Witcher 3 and MGSV.

I am sure there will be third party adapters like the PS3 has to let you use the 360 / One Controller

I've never been this excited before as a gamer. Maybe fr when GTA V was announced. But the way Sony just crapped all over MS in such a short time, it was beautiful.

Yeah I will miss the gamerscore and controller, but I think I'll be fine. :D

I have one & have had no problems when I use it. I play DC Universe Online with my 360 Controller

Side note, just found out Titanfall isn't Xbox One exclusive. It's timed, but will come to PS4 as well.

Edit - NM, I ignored the bit "Rumor" heading on the article.

Last edited:
I do hope that Titanfall game comes to the PS4 tho

Everything's possible. Mass Effect 1 was exclusive for years and it's now available on the PS3. Who knows, if Sony's announcement of no DRM, no constant internet connection, no license verification, pretty much slashed down potential Xbox One sales, it might come to PS4 sooner than we think.

Just ordered my PS4 off of Amazon. :up:

I'm so glad they made the decision so easy. Microsoft got greedy, caved to even greedier publishers, and focused on all the wrong things.

Do they charge you upfront? Or is it like with the games and only when the item ships?

was the elder scrolls on ps4 a surprise or did i miss it. i didn't know it was on ps4, i tried to ignore it since it was pc only. now it's ps4.

also is the online still free if you aren't ps+, they didn't mention that.

I generally don't like to dickride corporations, but goddamn if Sony didn't restore my faith in humanity just a little bit.

Something that amazes me, is that Sony actually spent the time to explain how my PS Plus membership will work between PS3 and the PS4.

Now, I enjoy my PS Plus membership. But, I know that there are way more Xbox Gold members than PS Plus members. By a ton load.

So...how Sony focuses on something like that, and yet Microsoft seemed to not cover that ground with how Gold would work, is kind of amazing.

Unless I missed it in the Microsoft conference. Did I? Did Microsoft talk about how Gold would be on X1 and how it would co-exist with my 360 account?

and ladies and gentlemen, this is why Nintendo decided to stay home this year. They saw that azz whooping coming a mile away and were like "nah, we're good"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"