Easter Eggs (SPOILERS)

Another one I just remembered (although probably unintentional) was Superman trying to catch up to the escape pod Lois was in and flying into the engine exhaust, and how much that looked like Reeve chasing after the rocket in STM.

Oh, and apparently one of the Smallville kids (I think the one who beat up the Plato-reading Clark) was Ken Braverman, who becomes Conduit in the comics.

It's already been confirmed that there will be a NEW Batman...not the Nolanverse Batman

^ That actually can be a very cool thing...or a very sucky thing haha.

things I noticed:
1) Ma Kent mentions a reporter came by...Clark calls her a friend...Thats how Superman identitifed himself to her in the Donner movie
2) The final scene with Zod looked to take place in Grand Central Station...Lex's lair in Donner's Superman

I think we're missing one!
When General Swanwick gives the clearance word over the phone, he says:
"The word of the day is Trident."
Trident = Aquaman

Oh I forgot about that

Confirmed where? I'm glad though.

Charles Roven confirmed it recently

EDIT: now I can't find the damn article where he was talking about it...I'll keep looking

EDIT 2: It wasn't Roven...it was Goyer and he said:
"Zack has said that Bruce Wayne exists in this universe," "It would be a differen't Bruce Wayne from Chris' [Nolan] Dark Knight trilogy and it would be disingenous to say that Zack and I haven't had various conversations on set, around 'what if' and 'moving forward'. That having been said, it's all going to depend on the next few weeks. Warner Bros has hopes that there will be more Man of Steel films, and that this will be the beginning of a shared universe. We could meet Batman or Wonder Woman or the Justice League in these movies. But they all hinge on box office reception. If that happens, I would be happy, and nervous, to dive in."

Last edited:
I don't know if it has been mentioned but the glasses he wears at the end, had a very striking resemblance to the Christopher Reeve version. Slightly smaller of course but they had the same frame.

I'm actually glad you mentioned that...

When he gathers himself before flying up into the gravity beam and destroying the World Builder...he looks a LOT like Chris Reeve. Like, borderline "Did they CGI him to look like Chris Reeve in that shot?"

It was a hidden message. His weakness (or krytonite) was the environment of his home world. Sure, it's part of the story, but the fact that it wasn't blatantly called kryptonite makes it a hidden message and an Easter egg.

There's absolutely nothing hidden about it. Its like saying the tumbler is an easter egg for the batmobile.

I think some of you are confused as to what an Easter Egg is. An Easter Egg and an homage, for example, are two different things.

So I heard that one of the outposts that Zod visits is on Mars. I didn't notice, but is there any truth to it?

also if anyone watches the Kevin Smith videos you know he almost wrote a superman movie and discusses his issues with producer Jon Peters...most notable he wanted Superman to fight a giant spider

...the world engine looked kinda arachnid-ish

Hey guys. Have you seen that Collider interview with Snyder and he states that there's an easter egg that no one really has caught yet, and he didn't come out and say what it is, but only one person told him that he saw it. ?
Wonder which he is talking about.

So Ive seen the movie twice now and caught only two easter eggs.

1- LexCorp logo on truck.

2- Wayne Enterprises Logo on the Satellite

What else is there?

Well the phantom Zone.

The red pickup that the bullies yank Clark out of and Zod (I think) knocks into the house is the same model Dodge that the Kents use in the Smallville series.

When Superman arrives at the World Engine and it disrupts his powers of flight, he falls for a bit and catches himself mid-flight. That shot reminded me of this Frank Quitely art:

the last flashback we see, young clark in a white shirt, blue jeans, and a red cape:
Action Comics #4

I don't know if it's an Easter Egg, but the scene with Martha and Clark discussing his heritage reminded me of Birthright, when they were looking at images from the Kryptonian tablet.

I could have sworn I heard "Trident" mentioned and I instantly thought Aquaman.

EDIT: seems it's been discussed. Oh well, still pretty cool. :)

The scout spaceship was found in Canada, I'm assuming as an hommage to Joseph Shuster the co-creator of Superman who was canadian.

Also for those that didn't know, Joe Shuster also said Metropolis was modelled on Toronto and the Daily Planet was inspired by the Toronto Star Newspaper, which he delivered as a kid.

The scout spaceship was found in Canada, I'm assuming as an hommage to Joseph Shuster the co-creator of Superman who was canadian.

Also for those that didn't know, Joe Shuster also said Metropolis was modelled on Toronto and the Daily Planet was inspired by the Toronto Star Newspaper, which he delivered as a kid.

That's actually kind of neat. Didn't know that, thanks!

Okay, I haven't seen this explained yet, but when was this oreo Martian Manhunter scene?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"