World Eddie Brock's Club house part 2

I so want to read NWTL. But no one around me carries any comics I'm interested in, so I have to wait for the TPB every time. Which is fine, I actually prefer it, but the wait is so long. :(

I am 100% against carnage for main villian of the movie. General Orwell Taylor and The Jury should be the main protaganists
I 100% agree with you...Carnage is garbage compare to Venom. And the Jury can definitely go agaisnt Venom :up:

Mercy mercy merrrrrrcy do I miss the Jury. I've been reading 4thletter's http://www.4thletter.net/category/we-care-a-lot/ column and it's really interesting views on Brock's history. The Jury was criminally underused and should have had more clashed with Brock, it would have certainly gone towards making the Solo series work.

About NWTL, I loved the interaction between Frank (God rest his vigilante soul :( ) and Brock, these two would be such a great odd couple if they ever were on a team book or had another adventure together. Waiting for the next issue is going to be murder, curse you once a month scheduling!!

...Zeb Wells just became one of my favorite Eddie Brock writers. I swear if he can keep up the pace then he needs to write more Anti-venom stories.

Just thought I'd post this here for you all. Hope you like it.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDZpzgM_DZc[/YT]

Ok, I read Anti-Venom 2.
After the first weak edition, I'm liking it more.
Eddie's dynamic with Frank is great, and quite funny. Reminds me of Cable and Deadpool, but more hardcore. I wanna see where this is going.

It's good to hear people are liking Anti Venom, I really want to read the series... but I must wait :(

I just ordered Venom: Dark Origin. So that should keep me satisfied for a little while. :D Can't wait to read it.

I'm not trying to convice you not to like Dark Origin, Karelia but just be ready to face the most *****eist incarnation of Eddie Brock EVER.

I really want to rget into Anti-Venom, I really do. But I can't. And it makes me sad..

I'm not trying to convice you not to like Dark Origin, Karelia but just be ready to face the most *****eist incarnation of Eddie Brock EVER.
Everyone hear recommended I read that one out of all of Venom's oomics, so I figured it had to be pretty good.

How come he's so *****e-y? :hehe:

I would of suggest the "birth of Venom" reprint...the story of "Sand and the fury" was just too badass to ignore it. But hey if you enjoyed DO than good for you.

I don't like Dark Origin Brock because Zeb Wells made a total prick out of him. Really, his a coward, a talentless hack and worst of all a greedy barstard that I just couldn't symphanize with. Sure, all the other incarnations of Brock (except the movie one) were selfish at times, but they aren't made into a total A-hole that I completely despise about.

Yea, the real villainous qualities inserted into Brock, the inconsistencies (Getting Anne's ethnicity wrong, getting the image of poppa Brock wrong, giving Eddie a SISTER [grrr Nova! This is your fault] and such really sucked the fun out for me; it sucks because I was enjoying it at first and did see potential, but it all fell apart for me and I never was able to convince myself to check out the rest.

I would of suggest the "birth of Venom" reprint...the story of "Sand and the fury" was just too badass to ignore it. But hey if you enjoyed DO than good for you.

I don't like Dark Origin Brock because Zeb Wells made a total prick out of him. Really, his a coward, a talentless hack and worst of all a greedy barstard that I just couldn't symphanize with. Sure, all the other incarnations of Brock (except the movie one) were selfish at times, but they aren't made into a total A-hole that I completely despise about.
Let me give you my point of view.

Eddie was a *****e since he was a little boy because he was trying to get recognition from his father, who silently blames him for Eddie's mother's death at the moment of his birth. He've always seeked recognition from his father and the people around him, hence why he stole things, and when everyone was looking for it, he was the first to find it.

He'd become the hero of the neighborhood for an instant, and it felt good to be recognized by the others, but when he tells the news to his father, he is never rewarded with kind words or a hug. Not even a look. Eddie never gets the recognition he desires.

When he gets involved with the Sin-Eater case, he finally finds the biggest opportunity to impress everyone, specially his father and make him proud. But after the true story breaks, Eddie is dishonored by his father. He loses his job and everything else. His world falls apart. He had to put the blame on someone, but instead of the false Sin-Eater, he puts the blame on Spidey, who was just protecting the people by taking the true villain to jail. He can't get his revenge on a superhero, so the pressure gets bigger. He hates even more. He thinks of suicide.

I don't agree with Eddie's hate, but I understand. People hate for less. People hate you because you got a better car, is in a better situation, gets a bigger grade in a test, gets a girlfriend...the list never stops.
When he gets the symbiote at the moment of his suicide, he gets a new chance of recognition. That's why he becomes an anti-hero later on, but at the moment he becomes Venom, he is blinded for revenge and the symbiote only amplifies it, because it also hated Spidey for abandoning it. Eddie puts everything aside, family, friends, lover, job, desire of recognition, to get his revenge, which was augmented and influenced even more by the symbiote.

It was a great story they've done with Venom. We can understand him more if we look into it and analyse.
It is too easy to point the flaws and call him *****e and crazy, but the answers aren't simply there to read. You have to interpret. You have to look beyond what's in the paper.
Think like the character and mind his surroundings. I can certainly excuse the other details, such as the ethnicity of his lover, looks of his father and other minor things.

Jick- Thanks for that post, now when I read it I'll take all that into consideration. :woot: What you said makes total sense to me.

My pleasure. It's how I saw it all. You may have another point of view after you read or even concide with my own.

Now you put it that way....I officially hate DO brock less...since he is quite relatable I guess...But I still hate him for abandoning Anne to let those crooks bang on her (Really the original would never have done that). Nontheless what you said just shows how much hidden potential Brock really has as a character...him having no "uncle ben" to look up to.

Not to just change the subject, but...

I had a Venom t-shirt, my mom bought it for me about 2 years ago, the Venom logo started to fade, and I didn't like the way it felt. You could feel it as one piece on your chest if you know what I mean, like it wasn't actually sewn in or something. Anyways I was playing football and a little kid ripped it under the arm :( So now I'm looking for a new one. Anyone know where they're sold? Looking for a better quality one. I remember hot topic had some but I searched their site, and, no luck :(

Just order one online...there a literally countless stores online that sell the Venom logo t-shirt

(Looks at the Gobby and Doc ock boards.)

The lack of Venom art displeases me...post some, damn it!

Wow. Really awesome fan arts.

venom-fishing-1600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"