Eddie Brock's Motivation Theory

I doubt the death of some old man(who outside of the parker family is unimportant) is newspaper worthy for the bugle. I mean the death took place years ago and more then likely was in the back page for next days paper with a paragraph(no picture). Now someone like Norman Osbourn murder will be something but Ben Parker is nothing.

I don't think Eddie would fabricate the Sandman/Ben story. I just think that he will create bad press for Spider-Man and symbiote Spider-Man will take his revenge on him to far...creating more and more hate in Eddie.

maybe brock was trying to make spidey look bad, and peter got pissed since the suit makes him like that... hence he has to slam him against THAT EXACT PICTURE for some reason, it symbolic

Whatever the final straw is, it's with PEter (as opposed to Spider-man). Otherwise, when Brock is praying in the church, he'd want God to kill Spidey, not "Peter Parker"

That being said, I like the idea of Brock framing Sandman or whatever. Captain Stacy being Gwen's father has ties to Eddie (as we can assume the two are romantically involved, right?).

And on a side note: I lost the Q&A a long ass time ago, does ANYONE still have it?

darkjester said:
Whatever the final straw is, it's with PEter (as opposed to Spider-man). Otherwise, when Brock is praying in the church, he'd want God to kill Spidey, not "Peter Parker"

That being said, I like the idea of Brock framing Sandman or whatever. Captain Stacy being Gwen's father has ties to Eddie (as we can assume the two are romantically involved, right?).

And on a side note: I lost the Q&A a long ass time ago, does ANYONE still have it?
I linked it to the "Sandman - Victim of black costume page". It's within spoiler tags, about one or two pages back from the last page.

I really want Peter to get pissed off and get fired by jameson, who slowly promoting brock in his place. This automatically starts the peter/brock tension fueled the gwen affair. Brock says that he's the one taking pictures of spidey now, meaning Peter is in some way out of the picture.

Spider-man retaliates, causes brock to lose his job, and peter sweeps away gwen, eventually pushing brock into obsession praying that peter gets killed.
In an obsessive rage, he chases spider-man to the bell tower where his destiny (and demise unfortunatly) begins...

i do think that if gwen and eddie are an item and spidey misses a chance to save gwen's life, eddie will hate spidey quite a lot

I think you guys have got this wrong.

Eddies motivation comes down to three things.

1. Eddie's jealous of Peter and Gwen as he used to be in a relationship with Gwen.
2. The Bugle has permanent job going and J.J's only willing to give it to one of them, starting a instant rivaly
3. After Spidey stops Sandman robbing the bank, Eddie snaps a pick of Spidey returning the money back; purposely framing him for the robbing the bank knowing that since J.J hates Spidey it’s a sure fire way to get the job. Peter after learning this, exposes Eddie as a fraud and J.J fires him.

Brendan said:
One thing I think is weird is Brock's prayer at the beginning of the comic con footage. It sounds cool and all but I don't think devote Catholics or any Christian of any kind are allowed to pray and ask god to kill people.
Venom has always thought of Spider-Man as evil, and himself as good. It makes sense that Brock would pray to have him killed, as it shows how frustrated he's gotten at this point.

it would be pretty humiliating to me, when a small guy like parker smashes me against a wall in front of my colleuges at work.......

Red X said:
3. After Spidey stops Sandman robbing the bank, Eddie snaps a pick of Spidey returning the money back; purposely framing him for the robbing the bank knowing that since J.J hates Spidey it’s a sure fire way to get the job. Peter after learning this, exposes Eddie as a fraud and J.J fires him.

How would he expose him as a fraud? JJ would be happy if Eddie took pictures that made Spidey look bad.

Brendan said:
How would he expose him as a fraud? JJ would be happy if Eddie took pictures that made Spidey look bad.

Yeah but JJJ wouldn't want lies all over his paper now would he? What if someone finds out it's all fake then that person would spread it. Then the daily bugle would be a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very...

very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad paper to buy/get whatever.

i thought that gwen is interested in peter. they go together in school. so i guess this is where eddie is already angry at him. before he gets the symbiote.

Goran said:
I think Eddie will fake photos of Spider-Man.... you can see it behind Eddie when Peter pushs him against the wall. It's dark spidey, and he's carrying money bags.... I guess that's a faked pic, and spidey has never stolen the bags.

thats what i thought too when i saw it

VolgusZildrohar said:
it would be pretty humiliating to me, when a small guy like parker smashes me against a wall in front of my colleuges at work.......
it sure would.

Idio said:
Here's an interesting idea:

Looking at the origin of Eddie's hatred for Spiderman in the comics, it all revolves around Spiderman disproving the identity of Sin Eater, thus ending his journalistic career.

What if this is what happens in the movie except replace Sin Eater with Sandman? Let's say that Brock fabricates the story of Sandman being the one to kill Uncle Ben in order to give a shot to his career. Spiderman disproves it and that's Eddie's motivation in going after Peter as Venom.

Thoughts?

very nice post!

Masta_mind257 said:
Yeah but JJJ wouldn't want lies all over his paper now would he? What if someone finds out it's all fake then that person would spread it. Then the daily bugle would be a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very...

very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad paper to buy/get whatever.

I don't know, the Bugle already is a very libel source when it comes to Spider-Man stuff. If Brock brought in a picture of Spidey holding a bag of money, it would most likely be J.J.'s idea to have a story about how he's a theife.

It sounds like something they might have already done in the comics.

Brendan said:

JJ may hate Spidey. But he's not a bad guy, and wouldn't report Spidey commiting a crime, that he didn't do.

Red X said:
JJ may hate Spidey. But he's not a bad guy, and wouldn't report Spidey commiting a crime, that he didn't do.
whait a minute. did we saw different spiderman movies?

^I think JJJ would have no problem with Spider-Man being ostracized, imprisoned, etc. But I doubt he'd want to see him dead. We saw that in part two.

Its not like printing a photo is going to kill him.

Idio said:

Looking at the origin of Eddie's hatred for Spiderman in the comics, it all revolves around Spiderman disproving the identity of Sin Eater, thus ending his journalistic career.

What if this is what happens in the movie except replace Sin Eater with Sandman? Let's say that Brock fabricates the story of Sandman being the one to kill Uncle Ben in order to give a shot to his career. Spiderman disproves it and that's Eddie's motivation in going after Peter as Venom.

Thoughts?

That's an intresting Theory

Jubba said:
i do think that if gwen and eddie are an item and spidey misses a chance to save gwen's life, eddie will hate spidey quite a lot
eddie brock is jelous of peter when he sees gwen starting to like peter, brock is also jelous of the fact that peter is a better photographer than brock will ever be, brock tries to take fake pictures of dark spidey which means he took a fake picture of symbiote spidey stealing money, peter pushed him against the picture on the wall, peter was angry.

Idio said:

Thoughts?

Like it. That would definitely get someone fired from their job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"