Arrow Episode 5: Damaged - Discussion/Rate & Review Thread

Top three highlights for me:

1. Deathstroke looking absolutely awesome in his live action debut.
2. Digg continuing to be a total boss. His scene with the "toys" was quite funny.
3. Laurel's line of "I wore those horrible fishnets." :awesome:

1. Deathstroke and Asian arrow going at it with some good actually seeable action, not any of that quick camera jump cut mess that is too close and you can't see if the actors can really fight or not.

2. What did he say, "Now that's nice" or something lol. Yeah I liked that scene. I'm glad he acted how any man would getting to play with some cool gadgets and stuff.

3. I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that, though I shouldn't have been obviously lol. Guess we won't be getting a Black Canary in fishnets lol, but I do hope we get a flashback to a Halloween party with her in a blonde wig and fishnets for some fan appreciation.

I would also like to add that I'm glad they pointed out the obvious superhero/ secret identity taboo that exists when a rich billionaire returns from a long exile and a superhero/vigilante just so happens to pop up at the same time. Thought that was covered well and kind of a slap in the face to Batman and possibly Nolan.

Very well done episode. This is how superhero shows need to go.

Loved the action in this show, yeah
Deathstroke was a flashback and he didn't fight Ollie
, but maybe we can hope that Ron Perlman is cast as unmasked, eyepatched Slade. We know he's familiar with the character and his voice is perfect, and he plays an awesome bad guy live action. Just stunt double him when he fights in the mask.

After last weeks poor ep the show bounced back with the best ep so far IMO/ I enjoyed Ollie's interactions with the other key characters and the forwarding of the Moira/Walter plot, plus the 3 fight scenes were excellent.

Much better episode than last week, especially when they debuted Deathstroke, who is done to perfection. This is what Smallville's version should have been. The romance between Oliver and Dinah is forming and Merlyn is not in this episode. First day of Diggles' job as Oliver's sidekick as he dresses up as Green Arrow to divert suspicion and all charges against Oliver have been dropped. Oliver wanting Dinah as his attorney created family drama with both the Queen and Lance family. There are secrets involving Moira, Detective Lance, and Walter that have been revealed and are moving forward. Everyone involved is on top of their game.

Yeah,in a way I'm disappointed in the "fishnets" line.It's like the "Yellow spandex" line in the X-Men.A pretty big sign that they're not going for the comic look in the future.:csad:

Good episode, all the characters were fairly enjoyable including Laurel for once *yay*.

While I wont be mad that they dont adapt Canarys fishnets to when she comes around, it wouldve been nice since it is still a fully functional costume that she wears.

But this would make for a just fine adaption on screen for this version of Canary
black_canary_1990s_2_02.jpg

This week's episode was pretty badass. I give it an 8. I also like the line that Diggle used about Oliver not considering what would happen to those around him when he returned with this vendetta, since we already know who Laural and Merlyn will become from the comics and his sister's nickname hints at future possibilites as well.

Also the Deathstroke they put together was really good he looked menacing as hell.

Seriously, though, who the **** is Barrowman supposed to be?

Also the Deathstroke they put together was really good he looked menacing as hell.

Indeed he did, I did however thought it looked weird with the black mascara/makeup around his eyes.

Pretty good episode. This show needs more Deathstroke.

I really liked the episode. I guess I'm on the minority here, but I'm really liking Dinah on the show. I think, through the dialog the are showing why in the future she will decide to become Black Canary, last episode she had that dilema saying that only the police work wasn't enough and how they are using her character and her father to get Oliver to rethink about the killing, wich I think is something that is being worked well so far.

Plus the fights were awsome!

This episode kind of sold me on this series. I enjoyed the first few episodes but deathstroke and diggs definitely kicked some serious ass

I think this is my favorite episode thus far.

Diggle geeking out at the Arrow tech was funny.

The fighting was great. Deathstroke fought a lot better than I expected. I thought the costume would cause some problems. Still find the mask color odd.

Hope to still see Ryu Arrow back in the flashbacks. Or maybe someone teaches Ollie how to fight.

I really hope this the last we hear of Ollie "killing" Dinah's sister for a while. And after last week, I was hoping they would stop having Thea talk about how she lost Oliver.

One thing I don't get is how did Mrs. Queen and whoever she's working with cause the boat to sink? Do they have some weather machine? Is this a hint to... the Weather Wizard?!

Didn't expect Walter to leave like that.

I hope there's a good reasoning behind Moira's plan.

This episode tried to portray her as protective of Oliver, yet in episode one she hired men to torture him and almost kill him. And she was responsible for the Queen's Gambit sinking. Presumably trying to kill Robert and Oliver.

I'm not sure why they're wasting screentime trying to portray her as a good person when we already know she's a villain.

Riotgirl nice review. Do you only write about Arrow?

What exactly did everyone like from this episode? I honestly don't get it. Outside of Green Diggle (and as someone mentioned his reaction to all the tech) and the flashbacks, this episode did nothing for me. Everything else was ridiculously conventional and kind of unoriginal. Despit this show's flaws, it is pretty good, and I'll continue to watch, but this is the worst episode thus far imho.

Even a Domino mask wouldn't really help him to hide his identity. The only way to believably conceal his identity when his hood is off, is to mask the lower half of his face.

Or he finally shaves his beard and puts on a fake goatee when he goes out, then a Domino mask might be enough.

I prefer a lower facemask over a fake beard.

A lower face mask could have functionality too. It could be a gas mask and voice changer all in one.

Even a Domino mask wouldn't really help him to hide his identity. The only way to believably conceal his identity when his hood is off, is to mask the lower half of his face.

Or he finally shaves his beard and puts on a fake goatee when he goes out, then a Domino mask might be enough.

Lol, that's more like hahaha. Yeah , I would be fine with that type of mask or a fake goatee.

I prefer a lower facemask over a fake beard.

A lower face mask could have functionality too. It could be a gas mask and voice changer all in one.

Slow down there Vader:woot: Darth Arrow wouldn't be bad, though I think Disney might have a problem with it. I kid I kid.

Riotgirl nice review. Do you only write about Arrow?

On there...yep! I write up the Arrow reviews, news briefs and features. Debating if I should cover another show...although I do help maintain site so it may be a bit too much lol.

Thanks for the compliment!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"