Arrow Episode 5: Damaged - Discussion/Rate & Review Thread

What exactly did everyone like from this episode? I honestly don't get it. Outside of Green Diggle (and as someone mentioned his reaction to all the tech) and the flashbacks, this episode did nothing for me. Everything else was ridiculously conventional and kind of unoriginal. Despit this show's flaws, it is pretty good, and I'll continue to watch, but this is the worst episode thus far imho.

You didn't like the fight scenes? LOL...they were pretty good considering no quick cuts like there have been in previous episodes

I gotta say, I finally caught up on the first 5 eps of this show and I'm sold! Its still slightly rough around the edges (the corny voiceover and the sometimes over dramatic acting). But this is one of the most solid superhero shows i've seen thus far. I feel like this is what The Cape should have been.

I'm loving how Ollie's time on the island is slowly unraveling and we're learning about what happened to him and what shaped him to be the way he is now. Also, the action choreography in this show is EXCELLENT! I would never have expected this level of action on a CW show.

Overall, the mystery of Ollie's time on the island, the shady Queen family dealings, the DC comics cameos, great vigilante action and a great lead have made this one of my favorite new shows.

Yeah the fight scenes have been pretty good. The fight scene with Deathstroke and Asian Arrow was good because it didn't use those pesky quick cuts, and close camera shots. It actually allowed the actors to show their fight moves and skills like they use to do in the 80s & 90s, none of that Nolan and Bay crap.

I felt like this is the episode where they really found their groove. I haven't been the biggest fan of Amell so far, but here they gave him more emotional material to work with and I thought he did a good job.

The other thing that really struck me was the ending. It felt like the ending to a pilot. It's almost as if it was the last episode of the original order and they figured if it gets canceled, at least they tied it up a bit. That's not to say that they're aren't any loose ends because there are plenty, but there were no major cliffhangers as there were previously.

I know I'm reading to much into it but I love the line Ollie gave to Digs about how to tale the arms dealer.
"You know us billionaire vigilantes we do love our toys"
I thought it was great, and by using the words "us" and "we" it was a hint and a nod to the fans that Ollie may know of other billionaires who wear masks.

Best episode yet, I know we didn't see much of Deathstroke but I have no doubt he'll be back and probably mask less (at least at first). It was a more story driven episode than an action orientated one like prior episodes (not a bad thing). As usual I loved the island flashbacks, the rescue scene was my favourite. Oliver Queen vs the servant was cool too. John Barrownan actually surprised me I often find him corny but he wasnt at all. Lastly, that ending was epic! 10/10

This show gets better every week, its definitely mapy favourite shiw at the moment. As always I really can't wait for next weeks episode.

Forgot to say I loved the Billionaire vigilantes and their toys line, definitely a ting in cheek reference to Batman.

Last edited:
As others have said, best episode yet for me, really good storyline, great dramatic scene's, even better action scene's and some simply great moments. Show seems to be getting better, loving the island stuff and family drama, cant wait for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"