The Force Awakens Episode VII Music Composer?

Gianakin_

SW Prequels Defender
Reaction score
Well, Williams is too old and only writes stuff for Steven and George, which means only Steven. Who would you like to take over?

Personally, I want Giacchino. Predictable choice, but it's predictable 'cause it'll probably work.

I think Hans Zimmer can do it. He is perfect for everything he does.

But I do think Williams will be back.

Robocop's cousin? What has he done?

I'll have to check it out when I get back home. Is he a Boyle regular?

John Murphy would be a good choice.

What about Steve Jablonsky? He did the Transformers score. He also went to the production company headed by Hans Zimmer. Zimmer could work as a producer on the score as he did with Transformers.

I despise Jablonsky. And while I love Zimmer, him and his style would be all wrong for this, I think.

The guy gave Star Trek a new and epic theme which made me not miss Goldsmith's. I need him in SW. Oooooooooooooor....

Harry Gregson-Williams. When the project's good, he's great. Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom of Heaven. Damn.

Hah, that theme is a big reason why I despise him. The entire TF score is a Batman Begins/Terminator/The Rock ripoff.

So I'm one of those who gets annoyed with Giacchino getting suggested for every score under the sun because there are certain ones I've wanted him to stay far away from (like MoS for example), but THIS, he's perfect for, as long as they keep Williams' themes. Since this is NOT a reboot that's trying to completely break away from the previous saga like MoS is, I think they really should honor the originals as much as possible, and that includes keeping the Williams music. Giacchino is the perfect guy to create a new score using the classic John Williams themes (and introducing new ones, of course).

There's no way they're scrapping the original and relevant themes. Even if the story is set 1000 after RotJ, we still get at least the main theme and the Force theme. If there are Sith involved, we're also getting Duel of the Fates. If there's a Sith Lord, we're getting the Sidious theme, expanded to be the Sith Lords theme.

I'm one of those who doesn't mind never listenting to the Imperial March on film ever again, as much as I worship it.

Definitely Giacchino! Out of all of the movies, Star Wars seems like the perfect one for him.

You know, your sig... don't expect JL in 2015, not after Avengers 2 and Star Wars VII.:hehe:

I'm one of those who doesn't mind never listenting to the Imperial March on film ever again, as much as I worship it.
Me neither, and I love it as well. I think it's just one of those things that's been used SO much to the point of parody, it's best to let it go. All of the character themes can go too, since we likely won't be focusing on those characters anymore, but I wouldn't be against hearing "Duel of the Fates" or "Battle of the Heroes" again in parts...just b/c I dig 'em and they deserve to be used more, imo.

Battle of the Heroes and Across the Stars (still crying when I hear the latter) are character-specific, methinks, so logically they should be goners, too. Same for the March of the Ewoks and Luke/Leia's and Han/Leia's love themes.

Giacchino can crap themes after his breakfast, if he gets the job we're in for a treat. No, that's an understatement. His music would automatically kill Bieber and Perry.

2012 proved to have been a kind of bubble. 2015... my God.

Battle of the Heroes and Across the Stars (still crying when I hear the latter) are character-specific, methinks, so logically they should be goners, too.
I know this is likely, but I just really liked them and felt they should be as synonymous with this series as the March and all the other most famous themes. Plus, I felt they were attached more to the "themes" of their movies rather than the specific characters (especially "Fates," which was used during the Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Maul fight, as well as Anakin's hunt for his mother in AotC), so they were more re-usable than the actual character themes.

Agreed. Fates became something more than the Obi/Maul fight when it was used in AotC with Anakin bubbling with rage and rushness, as well as in RotS, which is self-explanatory.

Bear in mind, I love Battle of the Heroes and I, too, hope they can make it work as an expression of a borader theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"