Fast 8 - Part 1

I bet you Vin and Universal plan to set either Fast 9 or 10 in China. Cast someone like Jet Li to pull more of the public in.

Watched it today. While it was great fun, I thought it was worse than Furious 7.

The action is getting too ridiculous, even for this franchise. The humor as well. The film realizes that it is dumb and this time it doesn't even takes itself remotely serious (jokes and humor all over the place). Examples:

Scott Eastwood is a comic-relief, Owen Shaw is brought back for a very brief and wasted cameo, Helen Mirren is making jokes and Deckard after killing Han and being the villain in Furious 7, is now saving Dom's baby on a plane while kicking bad guys. After doing that, he somehow earns his part in Dom's family and everyone is ok with that.

Enjoyed the film, but at this point things are getting way out of hand, imo.

Yea i found myself:whatever: abit at certain scenes. I pretty much know what this film delivers but to be honest i was abit "meh" when i walked out. Not to sound like a stuck up **** but it seems ive outgrown these films now. Ive seen everything this franchise has dealt at me and enjoyed there highlights but i cant be asked now. I doubt il see this again. Fair play to the guys that enjoyed it.

You go see these things to escape the drudgery of your mundane life. That is pretty much their sole purpose.

And to see "family". You see more of their family than your own.

When you see these Fast films just stuff your brain under your seat for 2 hours and have some fun.

That is pretty much how you have to go into it. I can't even take people that say the flicks are stupid seriously anymore.

This is the only Fast & Furious movie I've ever seen. And I watched it only because of Charlize Theron.

Can they just take ****ing computers out of these movies? I'm so tired of watching these rappers slap keyboards and talk about micro routers and other made up techno babble it just makes me groan in my seat.

I hated half this movie. Loved the other. Don't care about Dom's crew. These movies were never precise with their tone outside of the first movie, but this one is just all over the place. Just give me a Shaw / Hobbs film and I'd be happy.

I need to revisit 6/7, as others have said the whole relationship with Shaw is really perplexing considering what they've all gone through. And I am SO TIRED of watching a woman beat up 6'8 hulking monsters that would put me in a coma for a week if they accidentally elbowed me reaching for their protein powder off the top shelf.

Am I the only one who was hoping [BLACKOUT]we were gonna get to see a Statham/ Theron throwdown at the end? I think it would've been cool to see Cipher be a physical threat as well, someone who could actually hold her own against Shaw. [/BLACKOUT]

Am I the only one who was hoping [BLACKOUT]we were gonna get to see a Statham/ Theron throwdown at the end? I think it would've been cool to see Cipher be a physical threat as well, someone who could actually hold her own against Shaw. [/BLACKOUT]

I'd have paid good money to see [BLACKOUT]Theron kick Statham in the face.[/BLACKOUT] :hmr:

Lamborgini's and modified cars on the Great Wall.

giphy.gif

Fixed.

As diverse as this franchise has been, the lack of Black women in this franchise is a bit unsettling. Same goes for Asian women. There is one Black woman in this entire franchise in Natalie Emmanuel, but no Asian women, unless you count Gal Gadot, who's Israeli.

ItIt's all about racial ambiguity in this series. Technical every hero in this thing is black or latin not counting Shaw and The Nobodies.

As diverse as this franchise has been, the lack of Black women in this franchise is a bit unsettling. Same goes for Asian women. There is one Black woman in this entire franchise in Natalie Emmanuel, but no Asian women, unless you count Gal Gadot, who's Israeli.
Well there was Devon Aoki in the second movie, but they did nothing with her.

That is pretty much how you have to go into it. I can't even take people that say the flicks are stupid seriously anymore.

Its a opinion thats shared around alot. If you like your films like that then fair enough but as someone who has seen the film i can voice why some things rubbed me up the wrong way. Obviously these films do well because of popularity but its become a parody of itself and im done with the franchise. Simple as that. I don't know where the story could go from here but the guys above who mentioned it should be in china and will feature the great wall. Would not surprise me in the slightest.

These movies are not high art by any means but at least the characters are likable and entertaining, unlike say the Transformers movies.

And quite honestly, I think the main reason these movies are so wildly successfully is the cast of characters. The characters are very fun and likeable, they keep the audience laughing and rooting for them. You actually care about these guys and root for them during the over the top action sequences.

Last edited:
So is the fact that Shaw executed Han addressed? If not that is dumb, even taking into account what this franchise is about.

And quite honestly, I think the main reason thee movies are so wildly successfully is the cast of characters. The characters are very fun and likeable, they keep the audience laughing and rooting for them. You actually care about these guys and root for them during the over the top action sequences.

Yep. I think that was the big reason for the resurgence in the series starting with the 4th movie. I still remember going to a free screening of Death Race, and a teaser for Fast and Furious played. No one knew what was in the beginning because it was just the fuel tanker heist at first, but once we all saw Dom turn at the camera while in the car the place erupted. Then when they showed O'Connor next to him a few seconds later there was an even bigger eruption. 5 just tripled that by bringing in the best characters from each darn movie. Almost like a justice league of fast and furious being chased by the great one.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, I have a strong feeling this film will make more money than JL.

Considering the last one made over a billion dollars, that's a safe bet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"