Fast 8 - Part 1

It's understandable that there's a shift in priorities for the team. Like Dom going rogue is perhaps a more pressing issue than Deckard being in the room with them.

I think a bigger explanation required is why does Deckard have a quick change of allegiance at the mere mention of Cipher's name, considering he aligned himself with a team hired by Cipher in 7?

The only reason I could think of is that perhaps he had some sort of contact with Mama Shaw who told him to get his crap together, suggested with that scene in the ambulance.

IMHO, these are the flaws of the writing and where it's obviously weak and shows how sort of contrived and convoluted the plots are getting. Because now they are trying to make all the past villains the heroes. And they are giving all the past villains excuses for why they were villains.

Last edited:
IMHO, these are the flaws of the writing and where it's obviously week and shows how sort of contrived and convoluted the plots are getting. Because now they are trying to make all the past villains the heroes. And they are giving all the past villains excuses for why they were villains.

The producer said they would address these in the next movie.

I don't even remember what happened in Fast 6. Fast 5 is the best. I think that's the one the Rock first starred in. 7 was emotional for obvious reasons but it was okay. I think they should have ended it there.

7 imo is the best one. I feel like its a perfect blockbuster film: great stunts, cool fight scenes, over the top set pieces, exotic locations, infectious music, loveable characters and an emotional ending. They really should have ended it there. Story wise it really brought everything to a close too.

But, after grossing 1.5 billion, if I was a Universal exec and said "all right, guys we did good, lets end it here," I probably would've been fired and tossed off the studio lot. Lol

7 imo is the best one. I feel like its a perfect blockbuster film: great stunts, cool fight scenes, over the top set pieces, exotic locations, infectious music, loveable characters and an emotional ending. They really should have ended it there. Story wise it really brought everything to a close too.

But, after grossing 1.5 billion, if I was a Universal exec and said "all right, guys we did good, lets end it here," I probably would've been fired and tossed off the studio lot. Lol

Given that they're on track for possibly a $400 million plus opening weekend, Universal is definitely happy that they didn't stop at 7.

I'll say what I absolutely do not want them to do with Deckard, and that's pull a 360 and put him back at square one with trying to kill the gang.

I get that they softened Deckard for this one (literally saves a baby),
but are they not remotely apprehensive toward him even after the first reluctant "we got to work with him"?

Dude. This is how modern franchises work. "You want answers? Tune in NEXT week and maybe you'll get em'!"

I have no interest in seeing this movie mainly because I feel like they should've ended the series after Paul Walkers death. But do they mention his character in this movie at all?

I have no interest in seeing this movie mainly because I feel like they should've ended the series after Paul Walkers death. But do they mention his character in this movie at all?
Yes.

What do they say?

If you really want to know:

After Toretto betrays the family, one of the guys, I think it was Roman is like, "We should call Brian." Then I believe Letty chimes in and is like, "No we can't!" The tone was was we can't drag Brian and Mia into this, we have to handle this ourselves. I forget the exact wording but it was something akin to we all agreed Brian and Mia are out of this for good

If you really want to know:

After Toretto betrays the family, one of the guys, I think it was Roman is like, "We should call Brian." Then I believe Letty chimes in and is like, "No we can't!" The tone was was we can't drag Brian and Mia into this, we have to handle this ourselves. I forget the exact wording but it was something akin to we all agreed Brian and Mia are out of this for good
I am glad that they at least mentioned Brian.

He's mentioned in another significant, obvious and telegraphed way. If someone else wants to share how, feel free.

I don't care that the villains are now heroes, because it's entertaining as hell. Seeing Deckard and Hobbs bond was cool.

I can't believe they gave Dom a kid. Such a dumb overused plot point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"