Apocalypse Fox officially reveals the running time for this movie

My local cinema is having a triple bill of X-Men: first class, dofp and apocalypse showing on the 17th of may and on another day they are showing X-Men: The Complete Universe Marathon

X-Men 2D - 06.00

X-2 2D - 07.50

X-Men: The Last Stand 2D - 10.18

X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2D - 12.15

X-Men: First Class 2D - 14.35

Wolverine 2D - 16.55

X-Men: Days Of Future Past 2D - 19.30

Deadpool 2D - 21.51

X-Men: Apocalypse 3D - 00.01

Yikes!, not sure what day that is though

Last edited:
Hot damn thats a marathon and a half, though I spose you can pop out between 10.18 to 14.35 for food and a pee. :cwink:

Maybe theyre counting previews and ads running before the movie?

Yes. but if it is 135minutes that would be 25 minutes of previews and ads, that's a lot. Previews are usually 10 minutes.

I've watched Captain America Civil War yesterday and I didn't think it was a long movie. In fact it was so good that the 2 hours and 30 minutes pass without me even noticing.

Yes. but if it is 135minutes that would be 25 minutes of previews and ads, that's a lot. Previews are usually 10 minutes.

I got a good half hour of trailers in front of my opening night of Star Wars. It is very possible.

There is no way it is 170 minutes. The way Singer was talking, there is no way it is THAT much longer than other X-men films.

There's no damn way this movie is 170 minutes long - that's excessive.

My local cinema here in Florida /USA had previews for 15 minutes.
However in the last few months, I timed it at and it was 24 minutes.

It coukd be isolated or maybe some theatre owners are increasing previews/ads.

Thing about 3 hour movies is they need to be well paced, the right amount of action and development so no one gets bored of too much nothing going on or too much action going on and I very much doubt those who did BVS had any idea the pacing may have been a abit off

Last edited:
Yeah, longer doesnt mean better, BvS is slightly longer than Civil War but one feels a lot longer than the other.

But the main thing is longer than Captain America Civil War

What does that have to do with anything?! Being longer than Civil War isn't going to make it better than that movie.

No they aren't. Previews are around 25 minutes, sometimes even longer. I look at my watch whenever i go to the cinema and look how long between the advertised screening time and the film start time. It can go on and on and on. Usually 25 minutes these days.

Funny, AMC US says it is 2 hours and 20 minutes.

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/x-men-apocalypse

Rotten Tomato says it is 2 hours and 16 minutes

Empire says it is 2 hours and 28 minutes

What the hell man. Please somebody end my misery and just tell me the true run time, I don't even trust Fox anymore with their 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"