Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns Animated - Part 1

This is one of the best animated films around, loved both parts and considering how much of a mess they could have made with being such popular source material they did a great job. Peter Weller was a great choice as Batman/Bruce Wayne.

This is how you do animated comic book films.

My iPad causes serious spelling mistakes too...

I think Superman's inclusion in Part 2 is a large reason why I enjoy the film so much. Its different than the usual Superman but it still makes him come off as really cool.

QFT actually made me start to like the Superman character at last.

Combine the two and this probably cracks my top five favorite comic book movies of all time, love both these

Why don't they release the damn SCORE already? it's apparently been ready since like...february.

Finally the deluxe edition is coming!

I wonder if they will try doing any other adaptations of comic books in this way, would love to see a Killing Joke one.

I enjoyed it but since it isn't one of my overall favs I held off buying until they brought out a version with both parts in. Now to see what the price will be.

I bought the separate movies on DVD, maybe I'll get both on Blu-ray if the price is right

A shame they aren't splicing the two movies together... but I'll buy it if they add some cool new special features.

I wonder if they will try doing any other adaptations of comic books in this way, would love to see a Killing Joke one.

Killing Joke is such a short movie they'd either have to add over 30 minutes of content to it, make it a motion comic or make it a short (like Shazam + Catwoman) to make it a direct adaptation.

From WBShop.com

* New 70-minute Frank Miller Documentary exclusive to this collection
* Cast and crew commentary created specifically for this release
* Includes all of extra content from Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and Part 2
* BD: 4 exclusive collector cards with never before seen artwork
:wow:

Last edited:
Killing Joke is such a short movie they'd either have to add over 30 minutes of content to it, make it a motion comic or make it a short (like Shazam + Catwoman) to make it a direct adaptation.

Thats true on KJ i suppose, been a while since I read it so cant remember its length but yeah shorter than DKR.

tumblr_mp6so41RR31s7d3cpo1_1280.jpg

:up:

Last edited:
Yeah...I'll probably be doing a double dip on this. Dammit. I knew they'd eventually start selling the two in one set when I bought them, but I didn't think they'd combine them into one film. That alone will probably make it worth it to me.

I want it. :woot:

This coupled with a soundtrack release is a very exciting prospect. I'm actually surprised WB have gone to these lengths. Where the two individual blu-rays big sellers for them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"