Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns Animated - Part 1

is the soundtrack coming out with the blu ray?

Jim Harvey at The World's Finest seems to believe that's the case... but it's still unconfirmed.

It would make complete sense, however, so lets hope it happens.

it was the smartest move to not use the narration. YOU can't use the same narration in an animated movie as in a comic book. It's simply doesn't work. Batman Year One taught us that. and they did an amazing job as conveying the same feelings with visuals cues. The scene with Batman using his legs to climb a rope is a great instance of that.

Whether you personally like it or not, you can use the same narration in a movie as in a comic book. It can work. Sin City showed us that first, also Kick-Ass, and it worked in Batman: Year One for me as well. I'm glad the screenwriter Tab Murphy included as much of the noir style narration as he did of Batman: Year One, especially with Bryan Cranston as Gordon in the Gordon centric Year One, and I was disappointed that screenwriter Bob Goodman did not include hardly any of the narration in the Dark Knight Returns, because Bob Goodman obviously wasn't a fan of voice over narration and argued against including it. Goodman could have done a more efficient job conveying the precise personal thoughts, emotions and the noir tone by including the narration. It's that extra layer into the thoughts and emotions of the characters in the comic book that is lacking in the film. That's one area that it's lacking in an otherwise impressive film of Dark Knight Returns. Goodman did manage to convert some the essential narration story points into dialogue at least, so the lack on narration didn't ruin it for me.

I'm personally glad they left out the narration, partly because I don't like a lot of it in the book and partly because I don't think it worked well in the Year One animation, thought it seemed like the actors were reading tbh. But that's just me.

So glad I don't have to keep watching this in "Parts" Looking forward to getting it as one movie if that indeed is the case.

As a whole this is my favorite DC Animated movie and might be one of my top 5 favorite animated films ever. Simply awesome. And the Score is phenomenal as well.

In my opinion as a whole it's the best Batman movie and that includes the Nolan films

tpqm.jpg
I don't see anywhere that a CD soundtrack is being released.

Wow! He'd have been awesome, guess once your Batman you're aways Batman :cwink:

If I were Keaton and was asked to play the Joker in this, I think I'd have to be wondering why they didn't ask me to voice Batman since the character was supposed to be older anyway.

crazy idea but it would be cool if it happened

Burton directing an animated Batman film with his style and Michael Keaton coming back to voice Batman :word:

I don't think Michael has much time for the Batman character now... not in a negative way, it's just that it's in the past for him.

He probably has no interest in returning to the world or doing Adam West style cameos.

He would have been awesome though.

For some reason, I imagine him using his Beetlejuice voice.

Michael would've made an awesome Joker back in the 80-90s, tbh.

Yeah Keaton could have been cast for Batman OR Joker back in 89.

Michael would've made an awesome Joker back in the 80-90s, tbh.

I know what you mean, as a kid there was a few moments in Beetlejuice where I thought he was kinda creepy. He had hat unpredictability I like to see in The Joker. Keaton rocks, I wish he would get involved with Batman again, in some capacity.

I just want to see Keaton working more... period!!

Thankfully that seems to be the case. Birdman sounds great for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"