Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns Animated - Part 1

I know I wish I could download it, I'm dying to see some reviews

Hopefully I'll watch it in a few hours. I'm by no means a professional critic, but I'll let you know if it holds up to the great first half.

Hopefully I'll watch it in a few hours. I'm by no means a professional critic, but I'll let you know if it holds up to the great first half.

Awesome please do

"video currently unavailable." I really can't believe I'm saying this, but curse you Amazon!

Hope to get to watch Part 2 soon. Part 1 had a fantastic cliffhanger ending.

Watched it last night via Amazon. Loved it. It definitely keeps the quality up from the first one. Parts 1 and 2 are by far my favorite of the DC Animated films by a pretty wide margin. The Bats/Supes fight and whole ending in general is so epic.

They really did this thing justice IMO.

It's been out for a day and a half and nobody's talking about it? No reviews, nothing about this movie anywhere!? I can't get it in Canada, surely someone has seen it and can confirm it's awesome?
I watched it off Amazon yesterday morning, and it is awesome and exceeded my expectations. [BLACKOUT]They really show what an evil freak the Joker is with how many innocent bystanders he wastes in this movie: *BANG* *BANG* "Excuse me" *BANG* "Commin' through." *BANG* "Beg your pardon" *BANG* BANG* "Sorry about that" *BANG* "My bad..." The final fight between Batman and Joker is violent, raw and very bloody.[/BLACKOUT] They did not hold back in that regard. [BLACKOUT]It was a very satisfying conclusion to their years long conflict.[/BLACKOUT]

I've read the graphic novel, and they did a superb job in making what I've already seen look like something new. I enjoyed this way more than 'part one.'

Edit: It was here, but Amazon apparently took down the digital download link sometime earlier today. Sorry folks.

Last edited:
I am dying to see this, I have never wanted to watch something so bad in my entire life.

Just watched Part 2. They nailed it. Even more true to the comic than Part 1! Was really surprised just how good this was.

Has anyone heard why Amazon took it down? Hopefully they'll have it back up before the Bluray release

Well I was fortunate enough to see Part 2 and its absolutely amazing. I'd say on par with Part 1 but its different because of characters like Superman been involved.

As a Superman fan I'd like to see he was handled very well, I think he comes across better in this than in the book itself.

Infact I actually think the two movies are better than the graphic novel.

Man, I am so happy to hear everyone raving about it. I can't wait to watch part 2.

Part 2 was great! This was easily the best of the DC animated films I've seen, and I really hope they use this as a model for the future ones (that is, being as faithful to the source as possible and giving them as much time/as many installments necessary to do them justice). I really, really wish All-Star Superman (my personal favorite comic) had gotten this treatment.

This will be the first DC Animated film that I actually buy on Blu-ray....though I think I'm going to wait a bit and see if they release Parts 1 & 2 together in a box set soon. Seems like kind of a no-brainer for them to do. Anyway, fantastic film. :up:

Last edited:
I think you're going to be disappointed if you want them to be really faithful to the comics from now on cause James Tucker stated in the Superman: Unbound sneek peak that they are going to start going more left field rather than a straight up adaptation which tbh I welcome. I don't see the point in telling stories the same way twice.

Well, I like to see my favorite stories brought to life with actors, music, action, etc, so I guess that would be the point for me. I don't see telling a story in two different mediums as telling it "the same way twice."

Which reminds me: Christopher Drake's music for this? A+. I like it almost as much as his beautiful score for All-Star (which I truly wish would get released on iTunes or something).

Last edited:
TDKReturns Parts 1 & 2 has raised the Bar for the DCU OVA's! From NOW On.. ALWAYS Split 2 Parts to give JUSTICE to EPIC Long Great Stories! BRING ON The Long Halloween/Dark Victory and HUSH; NEXT Please!!!

I'd rather see Kingdom Come, Superman: Birthright or Red Son before those, tbh. But then, I'm just hungry for a really good Superman one to be on par with this, because I doubt Unbound is going to be it. I mean, I like Brainiac and all, but that particular story it's based on is kind of basic, imo. It's one of those where I can see why James Tucker would be talking about creative liberties - I think they might actually be necessary in order to make that one a worthwhile movie.

Last edited:
I'd rather see Kingdom Come, Superman: Birthright or Red Son before those, tbh. But then, I'm just hungry for a really good Superman one to be on par with this, because I doubt Unbound is going to be it. I mean, I like Brainiac and all, but that particular story it's based on is kind of basic, imo. It's one of those where I can see why James Tucker would be talking about creative liberties - I think they might actually be necessary in order to make that one a worthwhile movie.

I Like ALL Those too, especially KINGDOM COME! BUT I'm a Greedy Bat-Fan! :p ;) ^_^

I would love Superman Birthright but I don't think they'd that too quickly aftervMan of Steel comes out.

Kingdom Come would be a dream come true

Pt 2 was soo f-----ing awesome.....

20 out of 10

TDKR Part 2 was amazing. Arguably the best DC animated movie ever made.

Dat dere music. Wowzers!

I really do think Mark Valley stole the show with his portrayal of Superman in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"