Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns Animated - Part 1

I thought He was Better in YJ But also Great in Red Hood!

Hope They merge/edit the two parts in 1 film (TDKReturns), someday..

That'd be great but I wouldn't imagine there's a budget for it. I think they'll release them together as boxset though.

Just watch this, very good : 9/10.

Superman acts as a government agent (no surprise as this was direct adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel TDKR.) but they have managed to make his portrayal a little bit better than the one in graphic novel.

The carnival scene was just brutal as bad place. I know it's animation and all, but the MPAA's judgements on these movies are just worthless.

THIS. wow, i can't believe they went that far. most violent depiction of the joker on film?

Heath's joker was violent too, only that TDK avoided blood and gore. Gambol, Chechen, Judge Surillo, etc.

What's the difference of animated TDKR Superman to the graphic novel that made Him better?? I thought it was exactly the same portrayal from the book. And I have No problem w/ that at all.

What's the difference of animated TDKR Superman to the graphic novel that made Him better?? I thought it was exactly the same portrayal from the book. And I have No problem w/ that at all.

Well tbh I think one of the problems with the book is the inner monologues if Batnan and Superman. Doesn't he call Bruce an idiot? I always thought that was out if character. Now I can't really remember but in the book does Supernan say to Batman it's not our world it's theirs? Cause that one line made me believe in this version a little bit more.

Also it could just be actually seeing him in action thus is a very powerful version of Superman and seeing him busting up tanks, saving people from trains etc hes just so badass.

THIS. wow, i can't believe they went that far. most violent depiction of the joker on film?

Yea all his scenes were some of the most violent scenes I've seen in a movie period. Maybe just because people like him really exist today it hit harder than usual

I didn't read the novel so forgive me. But I didn't like at all how superman was getting involved in man wars. Just doesn't seem like something superman would do

I didn't read the novel so forgive me. But I didn't like at all how superman was getting involved in man wars. Just doesn't seem like something superman would do

Not in the normal conti unity but people have to remember this is the world if the Dark Knight Returns. It's else worlds.

Can't wait to see if the depiction of the Joker is the same as the Graphic Novel. Killing the studio audience and that brutal fight with Batman.

Also, Joker being let out of prison is the dumbest thing I ever saw

What does else world mean?

Elseworlds is the publication imprint for a group of comic books produced by DC Comics that take place outside the company's canon.

Officially the else worlds brand didnt actually officially start until 1989 but this has later been mentioned as an else worlds story and not a definitive finale for the Batman character much like Kingdom Cone or Supernan: Red Son.

It's a real shame they didn't approach All Star Superman with this 2 part structure... the movie needed a little more room to breathe.

I couldn't get through All Star Superman. I just had to shut it off.

Saw this last night. Really great movie. I liked part 1 a bit more, but this was still damn epic.

Action scenes were awesome, voice acting was great (Mark Valley should be looked at to voice Superman somewhere else), and the animation was suberb

8.5/1O

Side notes: Im really surprised at the Joker rampage in this or rather Im surprised they kept it in/didnt push the movie back. After the tragedy in Conneticut they wouldve edited it or something just like they did with Return of the Joker when Columbine happened.

Also, I cant believe this got PG13 with that scene.

It's a real shame they didn't approach All Star Superman with this 2 part structure... the movie needed a little more room to breathe.

I think it worked actually but I think two parts would've been so much better

Action scenes were awesome, voice acting was great (Mark Valley should be looked at to voice Superman somewhere else), and the animation was suberb.

:up: definitely, I think with Man of Steel co ing out we'll be getting a new Superman animated Superman series at some point, I think he'd be perfect, I think he stole Part 2 with his performance.

Well tbh I think one of the problems with the book is the inner monologues if Batnan and Superman. Doesn't he call Bruce an idiot? I always thought that was out if character. Now I can't really remember but in the book does Supernan say to Batman it's not our world it's theirs? Cause that one line made me believe in this version a little bit more.

Also it could just be actually seeing him in action thus is a very powerful version of Superman and seeing him busting up tanks, saving people from trains etc hes just so badass.

In both incarnations superman say's "Bruce, this is idiotic."
Sucks about the monologues though, I hate when filmmakers take it away.

This story and the adaptation are both pretty amazing. Seeing bats throw down in that suit was very powerful. He should have had it for the entire film:woot:

That being said, this being a "kids" property in many regards, I'm very surprised this wasn't pushed back in liu of the recent shooting. Joker pretty much acted out his own shooting.

Lastly, it's elements of these kinds films and this sort of characterization that fuel my lack of interest in the Nolan bats. Just so hard to no be underwhelmed by that stuff after this. You're in for a show the cop says... Here's hoping Snyder goes for it with Superman.

Last edited:
Weller's voice sounded off during his speech to the Sons of Batman.

batmanthedarkknightretuv.jpg

......hot

while we're on the subject of which version of the characters are better, i actually prefer emerson's joker to the comic version. there was an eery, disturbing and psychotic vibe to it and a sense of humour that i didn't feel at all with the comic version. and emerson's voice still had a feminine gentleness to it like the comic as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"