Friday the !3th Part 2 Due 2010

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
Warner Bros. Announces 'Friday the 13th Part 2' Release Date

Just when you thought it was over, Warner Bros. Pictures has announced an August 13, 2010 release for Friday the 13th Part 2, a sequel to the Platinum Dunes produced remake that arrived in theaters this past February. After a massive box office opening ($40m) and the recent success of the A Nightmare on Elm Street trailer (also produced by Platinum Dunes), it looks like WB has finally put Jason Voorhees back in their sights. You can read Brad Fuller's latest blog update and watch the NOES trailer by clicking here. The next Friday the 13th will in fact be the 13th film in the franchise. Who's not excited?
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17563

Sweet! Freddy and Jason in both one year. Is that a reboot of Freddy Vs Jason I smell.:woot:

That's awesome they moved the start date to ensure it gets released on a Friday the 13th.

I'm just like sweet!!!!!!! It keeps on getting better! One hell of a week so far!

Eh.

This could go both ways. While the remake was good, this is gonna just feel like all the other Friday sequels..''Jason kills more kids."

Hoping they go with the winter setting, and I was really hoping it'd be out by next year, especially with Halloween being delayed.

I love the reboot, but it'd nice if they learned from the mistakes, ie. not having as much American Pie type intercation between the characters and taking out things like mannequin groping druggies.

All depends on who's writing and if Swift and Shannon are doing it.

Swift and Shannon are doing it, they signed them on to come back a while ago. Other writers that wanted the job didn't even get a chance to pitch.

Kinda like the whole Patrick ''Craptastic" Lussier thing on Halloween 3-D. I know for a fact that there were more writers/directors out that wanted that job and the Weinstiens had their heart set on the guy who directed one of the worst remakes of the year and all because it was in the gimmick of 3-D they wanted to use.

Kinda like the whole Patrick ''Craptastic" Lussier thing on Halloween 3-D. I know for a fact that there were more writers/directors out that wanted that job and the Weinstiens had their heart set on the guy who directed one of the worst remakes of the year and all because it was in the gimmick of 3-D they wanted to use.

If they had their hearts set on that, they got it with Rob "Craptastic" Zombie.

Swift and Shannon are doing it, they signed them on to come back a while ago. Other writers that wanted the job didn't even get a chance to pitch.
I didn't know that and I see Derek is returning as Jason.

New Line Cinema and Warner Bros made it official today. Friday the 13th Part 2, a sequel to this year's Friday the 13th, is slated to hit on August 13, 2010.

Brad Fuller and Andrew Form tipped us off back in June right here, that if all goes according to plan, that was the date they were looking at.

Damian Shannon and Mark Swift will return to write. And Derek Mears will absolutely be back to reprise his role as Jason Voorhees, contrary to the many wild rumors running around on the web.

If Mane doesn't return as Michael, Lussier also wants Derek to play him in H3.

Mane may not return, since he asked for alot of money on H2 and only got it because Zombie as at the helm and they're practically attached at the hip.

If Mane doesn't return as Michael, Lussier also wants Derek to play him in H3.

Mane may not return, since he asked for alot of money on H2 and only got it because Zombie as at the helm and they're practically attached at the hip.
That be kinda weird to play both Jason and Micheal in one year.

I hope it takes place at a CAMP this time around.

That NOES trailer looked really good I even recgonized a few actors that appeared in other horror movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"