Friday the !3th Part 2 Due 2010

Yeah, but they sold the rights to New Line when the eighth film didn't do as well as the others. They were involved with the 2009 movie because PD wanted to use elements from the first four movies and obtain the remake rights.
Paramount's only part was for Distribution in the states.

I don't know its Warner Bros. they're stupid as hell. The rights just came along with New Line when they bought New Line.

This is the same company that sat on Trick R' Trick for two years cause they didn't know how to promote it.

WB doesn't care about the Horror genre. I don't know how many times I've said this. They see it as a ugly red headed step child who made them money. And now whats to lock them up until they need it again.

I guess cause the critics didn't like it, but again what Slasher movies do critics like? They're for the fans not stuck up movie critics.

I think you have a strong point, can you think of 5 WB produced Horror films of note?

Orphan, Splice, House of Wax...

Oh wait, those were produced by Joel Silver and his Dark Castle label. That's almost cheating since Joel Silver has a long relationship with WB in the first place.

Orphan, Splice, House of Wax...

Oh wait, those were produced by Joel Silver and his Dark Castle label. That's almost cheating since Joel Silver has a long relationship with WB in the first place.
Yeah, I think it is. I don't even think B could if they wanted to.

I'm sure if NOES does well this weekend the F13 sequel will be back on track. Either way, though, it seems pretty silly to me to not go ahead with a F13 sequel when the first one did so well.

I know, but I guess making 91 million on a 19 mill budget isn't good enough and prolly since the critics hated it. (no surprise there, they never did) WB just wanted to make a quick buck i think.

I really wish the sequel would come out. The remake deserves it. Jason in the snow, etc. It would just be great.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone where it's hard to get a Friday the 13th sequel greenlit. I don't care what the weather is like I just want to see him go on a rampage.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone where it's hard to get a Friday the 13th sequel greenlit. I don't care what the weather is like I just want to see him go on a rampage.
I know right. Whats the world coming too!:o

there will be another Jason movie. guarenteed. in the new few years if not sooner. jason is too popular, the hockey mask killer is too iconic. whether its plat.dunes, or new line, or even someone else who buys the rights, there will be another one soon enough....

there will be another Jason movie. guarenteed. in the new few years if not sooner. jason is too popular, the hockey mask killer is too iconic. whether its plat.dunes, or new line, or even someone else who buys the rights, there will be another one soon enough....
I really hope New Line gets up and running again. Make some extra cash with their romcoms, get the Hobbit going, and use that cash to say "Hey WB, we're good now. Let us start being awesome again!" I miss New Line so much.:csad: All those fantasy, kung fu, and horror movies we've missed over the years.

I really hope so. Jason will never die, if you ask me. :up:

Call me crazy but I would like to see another Freddy Vs Jason movie. Sure they are not offical canon to those movie franchises but it was a fun campy movie lol.

Call me crazy but I would like to see another Freddy Vs Jason movie. Sure they are not offical canon to those movie franchises but it was a fun campy movie lol.

It was a hell of a lot more canon than most of the sequels to both franchises.

Want to Know One of the Deaths From 'Friday the 13th: Part 2'?

Since New Line Cinema, Warner Bros., Platinum Dunes and Paramount Pictures have yet to get the Friday the 13th sequel off the ground, we thought we'd share this little nugget of info that came our way. Want to know one of the kill sequences from the yet-to-be-filmed screenplay? Cool, here we go then.

Spoiler Warning!

In one sequence a teen is using a camera to see in the dark. That's when Jason Voorhees appears. While being slaughtered by Jason, the flash of the camera continues to go off (creating a strobe effect) as body parts fly all across the screen (presumably in 3-D). Will we ever see this in a theater? Who knows. But if it were to ever be filmed, what do you guys think of the kill?
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/20441

O hope it eventually does get made.

It sounds a little gimmicky to me...but it would have been interesting.

It's 3d what do you expect? 3d is one no matter what you wanna call it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"