Full January Solicitations

Man, January is going to be huge all around. Lots of conclusions and a lot of beginnings for certain titles. I'm kind of looking forward to Thunderbolts with the new team formed and everything, that looks pretty interesting.

Ultimate Spider-Man looks freakin' fantasmic. I'll be checking out Spider-Man Reign, it has peaked my interest.

And Captain America vs. Punisher. I'm freakin' there.

tom123 said:
Astonishing isn't solicited? Da hell :(?
They've already had to move #18 back by two weeks, into November. They have absolutely no idea when future issues will be ready.

As for whether it's the writer or artist that makes AXM later, my guess is the artist, since Whedon generally has managed to run a couple of TV shows on time. We'll see how he manages Runaways for confirmation.

Darthphere said:
Danny with guns is odd.

That could be one of the past Iron Fists that the series is going to feature.

Perhaps one of Danny's predecesors was a soldier or a merc.

CaptainCanada said:
They've already had to move #18 back by two weeks, into November. They have absolutely no idea when future issues will be ready.

As for whether it's the writer or artist that makes AXM later, my guess is the artist, since Whedon generally has managed to run a couple of TV shows on time. We'll see how he manages Runaways for confirmation.

Oh, I didn't know that about #18. That's a shame, it's my favorite book as of right now.

Colossal Spoons said:
What's the reason Astonishing is bi-monthly; the artist or the writer?

It's not bi-monthly anymore. And there are several titles currently missing from the solicits for some reason, so there will still likely be another update or something coming.

Black Panther said:
Why no Captain America solict or cover??

I asked Bru on Myspace,and he said that it's important that Cap #25 comes out after CW #7.

This is the second (third?) month in a row with no Amazing Spider-Man.

What the ****

Darthphere said:
Im more offended by the fact that theyre bringing Darfur into the comics than Gulacy being called a legend.
what is with all the this hate towards gulacy?!

you all have obviously NEVER picked up an issue of shang-chi from the 70's.

what's the average age here? 12?

PWN3R RANGER said:
Are you just dreaming or have there been talks about this? That would be perfect.:csad:
Totally dreaming. I have no idea why this isn't a damn no-brainer.

Question: How come no one has talked about this little gem?

ULTIMATE CIVIL WAR SPIDER-HAM CRISIS (FEATURING WOLVER-HAM) #1
Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
Penciled by MIKE WIERINGO, MIKE ALLRED, JOHN SEVERIN, NICK DRAGOTTA, ARIEL OLIVETTI and JIM MAHFOOD
Cover by MIKE WIERINGO
You asked for it, you got it! Quite possibly the most important comic ever! A life-changing event that will change the way you look at yourself and the world around you! Spinning out of the page of CIVIL WAR -- and every other top-selling comic crossover event you can think of – it’s ULTIMATE CIVIL WAR SPIDER-HAM FRISIS (FEATURING WOLVER-HAM)!!! He’s little, he’s pink, he knows how to bring home the bacon. He’s Spider-Ham – and he’s about to embark a kaleidoscopic, time-spanning, universe-shifting journey that will prove just how big a pig he really is. Guest-starring: Iron Ham, Deviled Ham, Fantastic Ham, Green Ham, Ant-Ham, Ultimate Captain Ham, Hambit, Hamneto, and everyone’s favorite Sorcerer Supreme -- whathisface? You know, the guy with the blue tights and red cape…Mustache…Man-servant named Wong? -- anyway, you know who I’m talking about. He’s in it, too. And Wolver-Ham – did I mention him?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

I don't know about you guys, but I find this hilarious sounding. I guess it shows that at least JMS can poke fun of himself. :woot:

That Iron Fist cover kind of sucks, look at his crotch, he has a really long crotch. Seriously. Look at his crotch.

SouLeSS said:

What the ****

Actually, this was in the January solicits preview that they put up a couple days ago, but didn't include in this for some odd reason:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #538
Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
Pencils & Cover by RON GARNEY
Conclusion to “THE WAR AT HOME,” an official tie-in to “Civil War.”
The Civil War shaking the Marvel Universe races to its climax -- with Spider-Man caught right in the middle. Where else would we expect to find him?
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

Not Jake said:
That Iron Fist cover kind of sucks, look at his crotch, he has a really long crotch. Seriously. Look at his crotch.
... okay... i will...:cwink:

Doc Destruction said:
I am :(

Every time a comic comes out that makes me laugh out loud (LITERALLY), it dies a horrid death.

JLI, Defenders, Ambush Bug, Nextwave. *sniff*

I loved that current run of Defenders. Really funny stuff.

Oh, I think we probably agree on more than you think. It's just what we disagree on is usually fundamental.

photojones2 said:

Actually, I'm not 12 but I still haven't picked up an issue of Shang-Chi from the '70s. But however good Gulacy was back then, he sucks now. Call it Byrne Syndrome if you want, but maybe you should pick up an issue of JSA Classified from about 4 or 5 months back and see how the (according to you) mighty have fallen. :o

SouLeSS said:

What the ****

A whole crapload of Marvel books have to be delayed because of the delay in Civil War. ****ing Steve McNiven, man. I mean, everyone is gaga over his art, and it is impressive, but the guy CANNOT put out a freaking book! The same thing happened with Ultimate Secret, that book was crazy delayed until Tom Raney stepped in to save their asses on that one.

They need to have him start actually turning in books a couple months ahead of time before they put him on another universe changing book that holds up the production of the rest of Marvel's stuff because he can't meet a goddamn deadline.

photojones2 said:

Theres a funny thing called an opinion, and we live in 2006, nto 1970, his art TODAY sucks.

Vic Von Doom said:
A whole crapload of Marvel books have to be delayed because of the delay in Civil War. ****ing Steve McNiven, man. I mean, everyone is gaga over his art, and it is impressive, but the guy CANNOT put out a freaking book! The same thing happened with Ultimate Secret, that book was crazy delayed until Tom Raney stepped in to save their asses on that one.

They need to have him start actually turning in books a couple months ahead of time before they put him on another universe changing book that holds up the production of the rest of Marvel's stuff because he can't meet a goddamn deadline.
That's actually kind of funny because Tom Raney is himself incapable of putting out a monthly book, too. Maybe that's the solution to all these delays: get two slow-ass artists to work on a book.

TheCorpulent1 said:
That's actually kind of funny because Tom Raney is himself incapable of putting out a monthly book, too. Maybe that's the solution to all these delays: get two slow-ass artists to work on a book.

Why the hell does it take Raney so long to do art? Honestly, his art isnt reinventing the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"