Apocalypse Gambit in the Apocalypse Movie

The chances of Gambit being in Apocalypse have gone up, it will probably be a power display like Quicksilver and Nightcrawler. This will probably be a cameo though if it does happen and it could also be the after-credit scene to tease Gambit a few month later.

Awesome. So we got a 25-30 year old Gambit in 1983 and a Rogue born in the late 80's. Can't wait to see them two hooking up in the next trilogy. Thumbs up to X-Men timelines.

Hopefully they'll never be in a movie together anyway. :)

Tons of X fans do though. It's a very marketable pair up and one that's well known even amongst non comic readers.

Right now we are in major 90s territory with Deadpool, Apocalypse and Gambit. A huge amount of this series demo are 80s and 90s kids who grew up loving the X comics in the 90s or The Animated series. That's what they remember and what they want to see.

I'd prefer they stick with a Belladonna focus for his first film but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they include Rogue. She is always in demand and doesn't really have anything lined up as of now.

Last edited:
^ Hmmm... A southern flick. In that case, give Jackman a cameo and put 'im in boots and a cowboy hat. :D

Except Bryan Singer proved with endinf of DOFP he wants Rogue with Iceman

It's a moot issue though with Gambit likely in 20's In 1980's and rogue around 30 In 2023.

I think it's been more or less confirmed...he gave a sly answer to MTV about Apocalypse and he's been posting a lot of his work-out sessions on Twitter (calling it the Wolverine work-out).

He's a gym rat; but I doubt he does the "Wolverine work-out" everyday just for kicks :D.

Isn't he doing Magic Mike 2 where he plays a stripper and is shirtless for half of the movie? I think that's why he's working out really hard.

Which leaves them in too safe of a place if they want to return to them. Audiences like conflict, and that relationship has already been played out. I doubt that will be explored more.

Isn't he doing Magic Mike 2 where he plays a stripper and is shirtless for half of the movie? I think that's why he's working out really hard.

That would be Channing Tatum...not Hugh Jackman. Jackman is the one doing the "Wolverine Workout" because he's Wolverine. Which is why I believe Hugh Jackman is pretty confirmed for X-Men: Apocalypse.

I was just making a silly point. If anything, they are going to focus on Cyke and Jean most likely. That's what those 80's 90's fans would want anyway. They won't retread. As far as Gambit, you could plug in another love interest for him, or multiple love interests most likely.

He didn't prove anything. Kinberg said he wanted things back as they were in the OT. It doesn't mean Rogue will be with Iceman forever.

People break up, you know. :o

I want to see Gambit and Rogue work together, even if they aren't a couple :(

I hope Gambit is in the present!

Seems like it would be a pretty big wasted opportunity not to tease Gambit in Apocalypse. A small role would be fine. Just involve him some way/how. Its the biggest X-Men movie ever and they're not gonna feature Tatum's character? Not gonna get the buzz started in a big way during the summer? Could go a long way into helping an October release.

I was just making a silly point. If anything, they are going to focus on Cyke and Jean most likely. That's what those 80's 90's fans would want anyway. They won't retread. As far as Gambit, you could plug in another love interest for him, or multiple love interests most likely.

Yep I think they will give him another love interest, I doubt it will be rogue because they will likely keep her with iceman rather then play around anymore with that relationship ESP after what X3 did with them, you likely wanna see them happy this time

And Unlike a lot of fans the producers won't see gambit as being restricted to one love interest because that's a restricted view of the character

Plus they are doing their own thing with this film series, and it's also like waiting every film for rogue to gain her strength and flight because fans wanna see it so it's the most logical action... But 4 films and so far nothing

Last edited:
Yep I think they will give him another love interest, I doubt it will be rogue because they will likely keep her with iceman rather then play around anymore with that relationship ESP after what X3 did with them, you likely wanna see them happy this time

And Unlike a lot of fans the producers won't see gambit as being restricted to one love interest because that's a restricted view of the character

Plus they are doing their own thing with this film series, and it's also like waiting every film for rogue to gain her strength and flight because fans wanna see it so it's the most logical action... But 4 films and so far nothing

It would make sense. Storm hasn't had any love, as Halle Berry pointed out at Comic-Con. That and Black Panther is probably out of Fox's reach. But I'd prefer another father-daughter relationship. We already had Wolverine-Jean, Rogue-Iceman, Magneto-Mystique... and now we're getting Jean-Cyke. Storm don't need no man!! She's a strong woman! :p

^ First, some of you guys need to get over the fact that in all liklihood we will never see Gambit and Rogue together, for the following reasons:

1. The draw of their relationship is the difficulty caused by Rogue's powers. Been there and done that.

2. It seems more than likely that Gambit will be in the 1983 set Apocalypse movie. If he's portrayed as a mid-20's character, which is about the minimum you can get with Tatum, then Rogue, who wouldn't even be born yet, could never be with him in this movie-verse, barring time travel, which I can't see them doing just to throw these two together.

As far as another love interest, absolutely, but it's not going to be Storm, at least for now. All indications is that she will be 16 years old. They are not going to put a mid-20's Gambit in a romantic relationship with a 16 year old Storm. If anything, it is more likely that we'll get an older brother/younger sister type relationship between the two of them, similar to what we got in the comics when they first met.

Also I agre with X-er, the romantic relationships that will likely be focused on in this movie is the start of Cyclops and Jean, possibly some resolution to the whole Mystique and Magneto stuff, and maybe (though I hope not) some Beast and Mystique stuff. Personally, the Beast and Mystique relationship never developed because she left, so there is nothing to resolve, so I hope they don't do that. But there is a 19 year old Nightcrawler out there that most likely is the product of Raven and Azazel, which likely happened because Erik left (to go save Kennedy). This is why I want Kurt in the movie, and would love to see this explained in a scene between Raven and Erik with questions of "how could you leave me" and "did you ever love me", things like that. It would be very interesting to see whether she fell in love with Azazel, or did he force her, or did he trick her by pretending to be Erik?????

^ First, some of you guys need to get over the fact that in all liklihood we will never see Gambit and Rogue together, for the following reasons:

1. The draw of their relationship is the difficulty caused by Rogue's powers. Been there and done that.

I'm pretty sure the draw to that relatinship with fans has alot to do with their conflicting character personalities in general. Rogues gonna have that power problem with pretty much anyone.

2. It seems more than likely that Gambit will be in the 1983 set Apocalypse movie. If he's portrayed as a mid-20's character, which is about the minimum you can get with Tatum, then Rogue, who wouldn't even be born yet, could never be with him in this movie-verse, barring time travel, which I can't see them doing just to throw these two together.
That may be the case but, nothing is confirmed with Gambit in Apocalypse. Nothing.

And we have no idea where the X-Men films will be after this. If they go back to the present in the next 3 years you don't think they will want Gambit there? Apocalypse could also always grab him from another time as well. Who knows.

Last edited:
I hope Gambit is in the present!

He would be older than Cyclops, Jean and Storm.
As they're about 55 in 2023, so Gambit would be 55 in present.

With Rogue, only if he travel from past to present, or she travel to past,
or Mr. Sinister clones Gambit (original Gambit dies somehow), there he can be in same age as Rogue.

or Mr. Sinister clones Gambit (original Gambit dies somehow), there he can be in same age as Rogue.
If they choose to work in the Thieves Guild and the Elixer that keeps them all young they can do whatever they like timewise . :)

Huh? i meant wantChanning in the present period. He is in same age range with the younger X-Men in the present.

They never did give Iceman his flirtatious side, so maybe they could make Gambit the playboy.

I just don't think Storm needs a romantic relationship. Her character in the X-Men wasn't ever centered on it as much as it was on her struggle to be as a wise, self-controlled leader. And we still haven't seen why she was so angry in x1 and X2 (see scenes with Senator Kelly & Nightcrawler).

I'm much more interested in seeing the characters' history in continuity with the original films (despite the time travel changes) than in seeing more hook ups just for the fun of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"