Apocalypse Gambit in the Apocalypse Movie

So long as we get some Rogue/Gambit at some point in this franchise. I'm game.

What does that even mean? No one earns keys to the universe they get casted. That's what actors do. And Donner has loved him since she casted him in She's the Man which was his first major movie. She obviously saw something in him as did everyone else who have casted him. And he's getting Oscar buzz for his new movie Foxcatcher. So if anything he's perfect for X-Men.

My post was related that he might have a solo movie. I rather have the Deapool movie or X-Force movie before Gambit. Miller and Wadlow have been working and fighting for those movies. And then Tatum comes along, and maybe with a solo movie straight ahead of them?

What does that even mean? No one earns keys to the universe they get casted. That's what actors do. And Donner has loved him since she casted him in She's the Man which was his first major movie. She obviously saw something in him as did everyone else who have casted him. And he's getting Oscar buzz for his new movie Foxcatcher. So if anything he's perfect for X-Men.
22 jump street is getting tons of rave reviews too.

My post was related that he might have a solo movie. I rather have the Deapool movie or X-Force movie before Gambit. Miller and Wadlow have been working and fighting for those movies. And then Tatum comes along, and maybe with a solo movie straight ahead of them?
Deadpool is probably never getting made, and after the big success dofp is having it's smart for fox to want to focus on apocalypse right now. He probably misunderstood, lauren said he could get a spin-off if gambit is a success in apocalypse.

So long as we get some Rogue/Gambit at some point in this franchise. I'm game.

Now that's unlikely.

IF Gambit is going to be in Apocalypse, that means he'll be hanging with this next generation of First Class characters, not the X1-X3 group.

Gambit should be somewhere between early 20's to early 30's in a mid-1980's movie, while Rogue wouldn't have been born yet.

X1 took place in 2005 and Rogue was what? 16? Maybe 17?

That would make Gambit somewhere between early 40's and early 50's when Rogue was 15 or 16 or so.

Ummm... that's just icky!

Unless they somehow send the 2023 Rogue, who would be in her 30's, back in time to the mid-1980's or so; or send mid-1980's Gambit forward in time to the 2020 timeframe; I think it's safe to say that we will NOT be seeing Gambit and Rogue in a romantic relationship.

If she was with old Magneto in comic, she could be with old Gambit here :o

I guess IF they ever have another Original cast movie, likely set in the timeframe of say, 2023 (after Wolvie returns) it is possible that 30-something year old Rogue could be with 70 year old Gambit.

But I still say... that's just icky!

If they pair him with anyone, I'd like it to be Storm. The idea of those two together interests me more than he and Rogue ever did.

If they go the Gambit/Rogue route...

Have Gambit age slowly (like Wolverine)...

...or maybe Rogue’s biological mother had the same name and powers as she had...(Jean/Rachel or Azazel/Nightcrawler)

Channing is so pumped for Gambit, I'm really warming up to the idea that he could pull this off

vhw5qg.jpg

Can't wait to see Foxcatcher, his acting capabilities seems to have improved, and he may be in the running for an Oscar Best Supporting role, we'll see

Last edited:
If they pair him with anyone, I'd like it to be Storm. The idea of those two together interests me more than he and Rogue ever did.

A Storm/Gambit pair would be awesome. It gives Storm a love interest and Rogue already has Iceman. Would Rogue dump Iceman after all these years just because Gambit is suddenly in the picture. I don't think so.

Excited to see how Tatum transforms his body.

Yup. He needs to be leaner and less bulky but still ripped.

I'm liking the idea of a future Gambit and Storm being together.

But for a 1980's movie I'd rather see then as an older brother/younger sister type relationship.

So do we know how much of the original cast is popping up in Apocalypse? Guessing not. I imagine the majority take places in the 80's? I'm big on Gambit/Rogue relationship... But oh well. Gambit/Storm could be interesting too if they decide to do that.

And that manip of Tatum as Gambit is pretty sweet!

I prefer Gambit/Rogue as well, but Gambit/Storm wouldn't bother me either. There's always been some sexual tension between the two characters in the comics, but nothing much further. Though the chemistry is definitely there.

However, how old will Storm be? Gambit might be in his 30's...

Do you think they will fudge around with the ages a bit? Instead of them being 14/15, maybe 19/20?
I don't really think they even have to out right day their ages.

Last edited:
Yeah I just don't think they should even mention his age, let people make their own assumptions
cuz I mean, even in the first Jump Street, it was a little implausible that Tatum was a teenager, they even made a couple jokes about that

No way could gambit be a teenager, let alone Tatum not looking like one at all

But I have to say I wouldn't be surprised if they set it in 1983 and make Scott and jean 17 years old... Which fans will say whaaaat? About but singer will just probably say who cares it works for the story we are telling

Plus, it's probably a lot easier for casting as well. You can get away with someone playing a 17/18 year old even though they are in their early 20's. Not so much for a 14/15 year old.

In X-men Origins, Scott was 16/17, Gambit may be 20. Yeah, I hope a Gambit/Rogue relation in a future x-men movie

What if they make Gambit like Shaw in FC. That is, he can absorb energy and rechannel it - also making him age much slower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"