Gambit in the Apocalypse Movie

Discussion in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' started by Super Jim, May 29, 2014.

1. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

This is not the comics guys, they want to do a solo this isn't so they can make him part of the OT X-men team

They always wanted to do gambit as a solo, did putting him in X-men origins in 1980s teach you nothing about their mindset when it comes to gambit

2. Super Jim

Super Jim Well-Known Member

If they really want to go with a 17, 18 or 19 year old Jean, Scott or Ororo; then just place the movie in the late 1980's.

As for Gambit, I think it's safe to say that he was early 20's to early 30's in the mid-80's (based on what we saw in Origins). So it's kid of difficult to get Gambit and Rogue together, especially with Bobby in the way.

IF they ever do another future (OT) cast, with the movie taking place in say the 2020's (post Wolverine "waking up"), then Gambit would be anywhere between early 50's to early 60's; while Rogue (who was around 16 in 2005) would be early 30's. Could it be done? Sure, but IMO they would really need to force it.

Truth is they just screwed up that storyline by having Rogue in the OT cast and then having Gambit in Origins. Oh well.

3. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Gambit could easily work with the OT cast film. They did bring Nightcrawler in X2 and Beast in X3 but just because Rogue is in the picture, it doesn't mean they have to do the Rogue/Gambit pairing.

In hindsight, the Origins film didn't any good to the series. They could have just moved forward with a X-Men 4 movie and introduced Gambit there.

4. Verbal21

Verbal21 Well-Known Member

After watching both 21/22 Jump Street, him not looking young was a big part of the jokes,lol

5. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

Not that I have a problem with Channing Tatum playing Gambit, but now that I've thought about it more I wish they had grabbed Kit Harrington instead.

[​IMG]

6. Super Jim

Once again Gambit should be between 20 and 30 in 1983. Guess it all depends on which way they want to use his character. If it's the "big brother" to Storm, as I would like to see, then Channing as a 25 year old (or so) Gambit works. If it's as a romantic type around 20 years old (which is about the minimum Gambit should be based on known hostory) then I don't think Channing can work.

If they didn't go with Channing Harrington would have looked amazing.

7. LoganGambit87

LoganGambit87 Well-Known Member

tatum has the better personality for gambit

kit is far too stoic

gambit needs to be smooth and charming

8. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Well-Known Member

As much as I like Jon Snow, Kit Harington’s far too short for Gambit.

9. Keeria Logan

Keeria Logan Member

Since when has height mattered? We wouldn't have stinking tall Hugh Jackman if that were true!

10. Spider-Fan83

Spider-Fan83 with great power...

in Hollywood being to tall for a role doesn't matter, being to short is a another story

11. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Well-Known Member

I know Sansa and Brienne are quite tall...but Kit's still short...

[​IMG]

12. scatterax

scatterax Presented in Technicolor

Well he is a bastard runt.

13. Super Jim

Hey, stop talking about the future King of Westeros that way!!!

14. HIA

HIA Well-Known Member

Kit is a nice guy and all, but he is sooooooo bland, lol

15. Super Jim

16. MM2Dylan

MM2Dylan Active Member

I thought Kitsch was decent as Gambit, but I really didn't expect him to show back up. I don't know how I feel about the casting of Channing. He's a decent comedic actor, but in drama, the guy leaves something to be desired.

I'd really have liked to have seen Sam Trammell play the part if I had my rathers...

17. scatterax

only time will tell. who knows how they'll end those books in 20 years?
    lets not forget he killed off rob just because fans speculated he would avenge his father

18. scatterax

he didn't disappoint in public enemies. :twisted:

19. MM2Dylan

MM2Dylan Active Member

Damn, you're right he was in that... I haven't seen it since its theatrical run, I actually forgot he was in it. I might give it a rewatch soon to refresh me.

20. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

Any news yet if he's just going to be in a solo movie or if he's going to be in Apocalypse? I want him in the next X-men movie, dammit!

21. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

An official hollywood trade says he will be introduced In Apocalypse.Although the question is what will be size of role In Apocalypse.

22. Smilodon

Smilodon Well-Known Member

I really would rather have X-Force than a Gambit solo film. That being said, I think Tatum is a great addition to the X-family and would definitely help bring even more star power to the legit X-Men cast.

Tatum also seems really stoked about being in the X-Men and I think he'll do a great job. He does great in his projects with Steven Soderbergh, which has ranged from Magic Mike to stuff like Haywire and Side Effects, and with Foxcatcher on the way, I think he definitely has enough acting chops to play Gambit. (Not that I think it'll matter too much within Apocalypse at least. Not with McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, Jackman and then more important X-Men such as Jean, Scott and Storm.)

23. Super Jim

Would you like to possibly see Gambit as one of the Horsemen?

I could see a story where Gambit meets Storm in Cairo (or somewhere in Egypt) and they become friends. I would love to see her try to steal from Gambit.

Gambit breaks into one of En Sabur Nur's pyramids and Storm either comes along, or follows him. Instead of finding treasure he/they find the crypt and mistakenly awaken Apocalypse.

Either they escape together or Gambit does something to help Ororo escape, seemingly sacrificing himself. Maybe Ororo gets caught in a cave-in but is saved by Professor X and Beast.

Ororo is now at the school and later, after she is trained and meets Scott and Jean, maybe Nightcrawler as well, when they battle Apocalypse, Gambit is revealed to be one of the Horsemen. This makes it tough for Ororo and she gets defeated (temporarily) because of it. They either work together to win, or maybe escape in order to fight later in the movie at which point they overcome the obstacles to win. Apocalypse, of course, escapes (so he can be back in the Age of Apocalypse - coming to theaters in 2020).

Personally, I really want to see Wolverine as the Horseman Death, making him the tough one to defeat. I wouldn't mind Gambit as one of the other Horsemen, maybe Pestilence or War, but he couldn't be the main baddie.

Of course another way to use him is to have Gambit working for Apocalypse. What if he brought Storm to Apocalypse on orders, and then had a change of heart, which is when he seemingly sacrificed himself for her. It would be a great twist, and similarly to the comics, he wouldn't necessarily be a bad guy, just not a complete hero...

24. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Gambit could be the quicksilver of DOFP.have memorable introduction and used
    for prically reason for a sequenze to set him up for his solo film.

25. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

Indeed If they want to do a solo they will want him to shine the same way quicksilver did to get the audience wanting to see more of him