Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some respects, next season is using elements from book 4 as well as book 6.

Sometimes, I'm not sure if its Stannis I like, or just the actor, or both.

Actor for sure.
But Ramsay's the type you hate... but you kind of still like.

Ramsay has hilarious facial expressions that you can't help but to love.
There's nothing particularly awesome about any of that. I know Book Stannis was much different and participated and won many battles in the past, but you don't really see that in the show, which is disappointing.

Tell us about it!

StannisFinale%202_zpsqbnx3tek.gif

pZtarOh.jpg

do your duty, red woman.

initially i wanted Jon to come back and take out those responsible for his stabbing, now i just want him to get resurrected and leave with a wildling army south to winterfell.

"good luck with the walkers guys! all 60 of you.:cwink:"

"want to come along , edd?"

I think what we saw with Dorne was planned. When Obara knelt before Doran, we saw the scene mid conversation and she was crying and begging him essentially. I think right before we came to that scene, Doran was all like "Ya'll think you called my brother the viper and me grass because you walked over me? *****, I'm the one who hides the viper until the best time of attack. So until you understand military strategy, you need to shut the **** up when grown folks is talkin'!" and she's all like "Oh ****! I'm so sorry!!!" and kneels.

I'm thinking Trystanne knew about the kiss and he'll give Myrcella the antidote, leading Jaime to trust him waaaaaaaaay too much.

I'll make you a deal - if Stannis actually got beheaded by Brienne there, I'll never post on these forums again. If I'm right and he WASN'T Beheaded by Brienne there, you never post again. We can even get a moderator to make this official by banning the loser.

What I don't get... so Myrcella is poisoned... while the ship is still in sight of shore? They can just turn around right? And tell Doran? And lock those crazy Sand Snakes up? What's the point of all this?

So enough about Jon Snow, who else is pumped for Cleganebowl?!

tumblr_nq02phDLFW1qbpj4uo1_1280.jpg

:mrk:

Since all of my favorite characters keep getting killed off, I think I'm just gonna start rooting for Ramsay to just kill everybody. Hell at least he has fun.

I'll make you a deal - if Stannis actually got beheaded by Brienne there, I'll never post on these forums again. If I'm right and he WASN'T Beheaded by Brienne there, you never post again. We can even get a moderator to make this official by banning the loser.

lol I dont know if he got beheaded or not, but she certainly killed him. and it certainly looked like it was a beheading.

What a dumb deal over a s*** finale.

Since all of my favorite characters keep getting killed off, I think I'm just gonna start rooting for Ramsay to just kill everybody. Hell at least he has fun.

go on... join us over here on Team Night's King... the water might be cold, but it's a lot better.

So enough about Jon Snow, who else is pumped for Cleganebowl?!

tumblr_nq02phDLFW1qbpj4uo1_1280.jpg

:mrk:

it never ceases to amaze me how big that ****ing guy is. Im not sure if that is in fact Halfthor Bjornsen (sp?) but if he wasn't busy throwing mountains or climbing buildings, he'd have time to do it.

Last edited:
edit

Last edited:
Okay, here's what I'm predicting we're going to be getting for Season 6: some of the stuff which appears to have been skipped or ignored in this season which happen in A Feast of Crows and A Dance With Dragons I'm guessing will have been saved for next season. The difference, however, is that now it's been rearranged, with some added embellishments, thanks to what happened in Season 5. So I'm guessing we'll get:

Davos at White Harbor and New Castle, which, due to Stannis being dead, now has a completely different context. Perhaps Stannis decides to just resume his life of being a pirate. And instead of House Manderly hiring him to smuggle Rickon Stark off Skagos in exchange for swearing fealty to Stannis, they're just swearing fealty to House Stark outright.

Sam and Gilly's journey to the Citadel in Oldtown, minus Aemon of course (and perhaps Dareon), with another difference of having them stop at House Tarly along the way, just for us to see first hand what Sam's home life was really like.

Theon/Reek and Sansa winding up with Asha and the other Greyjoys. This could also involve the show's introduction to Euron and Victarion Greyjoy, including Euron becoming King, sending Victarion and the Iron Fleet to Mereen, which also leads to the Second Siege of Meeren as the big epic battle of Season 6. Of course, the big difference with the Second Siege of Mereen is that it will be Tyrion in Barriston Selmy's place. Also, I'm thinking will get Quentin Martell attempting to steal one of Dany's remaining dragons.

After returning to King's Landing, Jamie is sent to negotiate the surrender of Riverrun, only this time it's punishment by Cersei for failing to protect and bring back Myrcella alive. Meanwhile, Brienne, this time once again having to look for Sansa after realizing she's no longer at Winterfell, runs into the Brotherhood Without Banners and (finally) Lady Stoneheart. Which, of course, will lead to Jamie's subplot and getting the false message about Sansa.

Keven Lannister trying to clean up Cersei's mess, only to be assassinated by Varys, though perhaps not by Varys himself. Perhaps this subplot is also where we get to meet Griff/"Aegon Targaryen" albeit under a different series of events.

Ayra's blindness and further training in the House of the Undying, leading towards her crossing paths with Sam's story (only this time happening later than in did in the books) and her Winds of Winter chapter.

bran sent show rickon to the last hearth with osha.

sansa was told by ramsay that Jon is lord commander, I would wager that pod saw them and the four of them are headed for castle black.

i think the tarly's are going to play a major role. wouldn't shock me at all if dickon ends up with widow's wail, and ends up going back north with sam by the end of last season. can't help but think that their house sword is meant to play a part. heart of winter. heartsbane. :sly:

lol I dont know if he got beheaded or not, but she certainly killed him. and it certainly looked like it was a beheading.

What a dumb deal over a s*** finale.

go on... join us over here on Team Night's King... the water might be cold, but it's a lot better.

it never ceases to amaze me how big that ****ing guy is. Im not sure if that is in fact Halfthor Bjornsen (sp?) but if he wasn't busy throwing mountains or climbing buildings, he'd have time to do it.
I don't think he's dead. That was a deliberate cut.

There's two types of cliffhangers a season can end on. Momentum-building, and momentum-killing.

Jon's death - momentum killing. For unsullied who don't know he's coming back, the Wall now seems an uninteresting plotline.

Dany captured - momentum killing. Oh yay, back to the Dothraki and season one, when people have been complaining for seasons that Dany needs to get her **** together and invade Westeros.

Tyrion over Mereen - momentum killing. Possibly the least interesting thing they could do with this character, having him replace book-Barristan.

Cersei's walk, Zombie Clegane - momentum building. A promise of future vengeance and an undead warrior? Heck yes.

Sansa and Theon - momentum... stalling? Where do they go from here? What's next? I feel only ambivalence.

Jaimie Lannister - yawn

ЯɘvlveR;31615809 said:
bran sent show rickon to the last hearth with osha.

sansa was told by ramsay that Jon is lord commander, I would wager that pod saw them and the four of them are headed for castle black.

Yeah, Sansa knows Jon was the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, so she'd probably convince Theon they can go there for help. Only to find whoops, Alliser Throne is now in charge. Which makes me realize...Ramsey Snow will obviously go after Sansa and Theon and chase them to Castle Black. What if, in order to get on the Bolton's good side, since they're now Wardens of the North, Throne decides to hold Sansa hostage for them? And if that happens, then maybe Davos is able to get her out of there. Hmm...an unhappy Ramsey finding that the self-proclaimed Lord Commander of the Night's Watch lost his wife? That might not go so well.

Also, here's an interesting idea. What if Melisandre disappears with Jon Snow's body and takes to Bravos? Not only because the Red Temple is there, but that she knows she needs to get Jon's body out of the north as fast as possible because she doesn't want the White Walkers to get it once they breach the Wall. Also, for all of her magic, she probably also realizes that she's not powerful enough alone to bring Jon back from the dead, especially if she starts to believe he's the Azor Ahai. It would also go back to her earlier prophecy to Arya (in the show) that they would see each other again.

I don't think he's dead. That was a deliberate cut.

I've been reading some comments and yeah there are handful of people who believe Stannis is alive and i'm starting to have my hopes up as well lol.

[YT]xHMuqH7yOQc[/YT]

But the video doesn't provide much hope, unless........

Last edited:
Sir Robert Strong is supposed to have some Robert Baratheon body parts in addition to The Mountain right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"