Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The theory I've heard is that he's a mishmash of Robert Baratheon, Robb Stark, and Gregor Clegane. A true Frankenstein.

Whoah... that's creepy. Poor Robb. I'd rather stay dead than have parts of me sewn onto those two creepers.

I don't think any of Robb's parts would fit those 2 large men haha. Perhaps some of his organs though.

The main thinking comes from the fact that his body was still in Frey/Lannister hands when last we heard, his Warg blood and body parts might have been useful for Qyburn's experiments, and the fact that there's a linguistic link between the words "Strong" and "Stark". I'm not 100% sold on the theory, but I do like to entertain the possibility.

Isn't he supposed to have the dwarf's head? "Fake-Tyrion" so to speak

The reason I keep saying Stannis is dead is because Liam and Dillane went to dinner to say goodbye (which could mean they are just done filming scenes together), and because I believe Lord Bolton and I discussed David or Dan confirming it at some point... I don't have that interview but Roose might...?

Anyways... Where do we think Theon and Sansa go? Will Howland Reed come into play? Brienne, Pod, Sansa, and Theon...god thats a strange combination.

And Dany... what will D&D change about her story at this point? Its incredibly awkward in Meereen now that its Tyrion and Varys... I mean, they were trying so hard to keep Tyrion's identity under wraps... but now... how can they even try to do that? With all the crazies in Meereen, he surely has a bigger target on his back... and Varys has some to have a plan B, no? I mean it's like he wasnt really intending to back Dany at this point right?

Question about the Warg stuff...

I haven't read all of the books, but as I understand it, Jon and Robb are Wargs there. But in the show, I thought Bran was the only Warg in the Stark clan. Or are they all Wargs and Bran is just the only one who realizes it?

If Dany was mad at Jorah for spying on her, and now she knows it was Varys who set him up to do it, and now Varys is at Mereen with Tyrion, and Tyrion is somewhat governing the city... This isn't matching up.

She better a)forgive Jorah and Varys or b)kill/ban Varys.

Also, Jon needs Valyrian Steel. Dothraki can make it...? But they need Valyrian supplies? Greyscale people have supplies in old Valyrian city. Jorah has Greyscale. Jorah becomes part of Greyscale people, gets supplies for Dany and Dothraki to make Valyrian weapons. Army of Unsullied, Dothraki, and Second Sons go to Westeros with Valyrian weapons. Arya assassinates Dany's enemies, Dany becomes Queen. Jon becomes Azor Ahai, leads Dany's armies, along with dragons, against White Walkers.

Question about the Warg stuff...

I haven't read all of the books, but as I understand it, Jon and Robb are Wargs there. But in the show, I thought Bran was the only Warg in the Stark clan. Or are they all Wargs and Bran is just the only one who realizes it?

its in all the starks blood... whether they know it or not is they thing yea... I don't believe Jon and Robb are fully aware of it in the books, just realize there is a connection, where Bran is full on aware of it... I THINK thats how it goes in the books, i havent read them in a while in that manner.

I don't recall Robb warging. Arya's showing signs of the ability with her dreams of Nymeria.

Robb has nothing to do with RObert Strong.... Robb is still on his horse... creepin about westeros :hehe:

No but that would be cool if they talk about him being a bit of rob, robert, and ned. I always figured they would say it was ned's head (they only sent his body bones to cat right?)... but the fake tyrion one fits with the dialogue between Qyburn and Cersei.

its in all the starks blood... whether they know it or not is they thing yea... I don't believe Jon and Robb are fully aware of it in the books, just realize there is a connection, where Bran is full on aware of it... I THINK thats how it goes in the books, i havent read them in a while in that manner.

Ah, okay. Thanks!

Anyways... Where do we think Theon and Sansa go? Will Howland Reed come into play? Brienne, Pod, Sansa, and Theon...god thats a strange combination.

I'm thinking Sansa and Theon will first head to Castle Black, because after all, that's where Sansa was told Jon Snow was the new Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. But of course, she'll find Jon is dead and that Alliser Throne is in charge, who probably will decide to hold them prisoner to get on the Bolton's good side. However, Davos will rescue them and smuggle them out of Castle Black, and Sansa will tell Davos about Bran and Rickon being alive and ordering him to find them. That will lead to a slightly altered version of Stannis' actual story from the books.

Brienne and Pod, having lost Sansa and not having any idea where she might have headed, will assume she's heading back to the Aerye, and thus this will lead Brienne and Pod's actual story from the books, in which they encounter Randall Tarly and Lady Stoneheart. Which, in turn, will also bring Jamie back into the picture. That's my guess, anyway.

The reason I keep saying Stannis is dead is because Liam and Dillane went to dinner to say goodbye (which could mean they are just done filming scenes together), and because I believe Lord Bolton and I discussed David or Dan confirming it at some point... I don't have that interview but Roose might...?

Yeah but some of us are hoping it's as fake as those Jon Snow parties.

Brienne and Stannis will either take them to the North/Wall/Some Lordling or Brienne takes them to Sweet Robin.
And Dany... what will D&D change about her story at this point? Its incredibly awkward in Meereen now that its Tyrion and Varys... I mean, they were trying so hard to keep Tyrion's identity under wraps... but now... how can they even try to do that? With all the crazies in Meereen, he surely has a bigger target on his back... and Varys has some to have a plan B, no? I mean it's like he wasnt really intending to back Dany at this point right?

Well I hope when Daario and Jorah find Daenerys, she has subjugated the Dothraki through Drogon and then we can get the battle for Mereen in the form of a civil war + maybe Tyroshi/Braavosi/Lys/whatever attacking and there you can add up with thr Grejoys coming in.

D&D love Daenerys so they will have a budget for her fight, unlike the Battle for Winterfell lol.

Yeah but some of us are hoping it's as fake as those Jon Snow parties.

Brienne and Stannis will either take them to the North/Wall/Some Lordling or Brienne takes them to Sweet Robin.

Well I hope when Daario and Jorah find Daenerys, she has subjugated the Dothraki through Drogon and then we can get the battle for Mereen in the form of a civil war + maybe Tyroshi/Braavosi/Lys/whatever attacking and there you can add up with thr Grejoys coming in.

D&D love Daenerys so they will have a budget for her fight, unlike the Battle for Winterfell lol.

At least you got to a little bit of what happened. Usually you just get a glimpse of the pre-battle. This time at least we saw them clash from afar.

I'm thinking Sansa and Theon will first head to Castle Black, because after all, that's where Sansa was told Jon Snow was the new Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. But of course, she'll find Jon is dead and that Alliser Throne is in charge, who probably will decide to hold them prisoner to get on the Bolton's good side. However, Davos will rescue them and smuggle them out of Castle Black, and Sansa will tell Davos about Bran and Rickon being alive and ordering him to find them. That will lead to a slightly altered version of Stannis' actual story from the books.

Brienne and Pod, having lost Sansa and not having any idea where she might have headed, will assume she's heading back to the Aerye, and thus this will lead Brienne and Pod's actual story from the books, in which they encounter Randall Tarly and Lady Stoneheart. Which, in turn, will also bring Jamie back into the picture. That's my guess, anyway.

I like this... I like this very much.... Put Theons Winds chapter in there but replace Stannis with Alliser in a sense... perfect. But what about Yara/Asha? i wonder if she comes into play AT ALL or even takes the role of one of the uncles in a way..

Still Say Stannis is Alive and will be bent n Mel revenge seeing as he knew he had been had. The look on Stannis face when Boltons was coming was like why not just fight and get it over with for its a good day to die free of the red witch.

Everyone probably saw this already but I just came across it. It's called We are the North (Hodor Remix) and it's about how great a time the Starks and friends are having in GoT. It's part of something much more epic called the Game of Thrones Ultimate Birthday Rap Battle which has a lot of cursing so no linky.

[YT]czhzVaZzk8Y[/YT]

We need a new "we are the north" song with be-headed Ned, zombie catelyn, rape victim sansa, blind faceless killer arya, zombie jon snow, wolf-head robb zombie and feral rickon.

Let's not forget Bran turning into a tree monster and let's not forget Bran the Night's King ;) I mean that's what I like about the Stark family, at the end of Song of Ice and Fire you're gonna have these battle hardened feral people.

ALL I wanna see is Jon, Sansa, Arya and Bran and Rickon together in one end show scene. the surviving Starks should be together at some point. Most wanna see Jon and Arya i think reunited one time.

They all have different destines that won't intertwine. At least, not all of them together.

ALL I wanna see is Jon, Sansa, Arya and Bran and Rickon together in one end show scene. the surviving Starks should be together at some point. Most wanna see Jon and Arya i think reunited one time.

GRRM promised a Stark reunion of some sort. I just hope Sansa's not included :o

Being that Arya kept Needle, and that was given to her by Jon, I'm pretty sure they'll see each other again.

Be neat if they all ended up on opposing sides.

yea she will reunite with jon and leave flowers on his grave :o

GRRM promised a Stark reunion of some sort. I just hope Sansa's not included :o

For all we know it'll be a reunion where they all die and come back as wights.

And the day after that airs GRRM just uploads a video of himself laughing maniacally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"