Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha and we all know how GRRM's creepy ass cackle goes LMAO!

"eeehhhh hhehehehehehehehhehe"

He reminds me of the 'villain' in billy madison when he laughs.

What if the dead starks cannot be controled by walkers and we get winterefell unleashed with all the dead starks coming too help Jon who is not dead. maybe there is a horn that wakes them or maybe Ned hid Arthur Daynes sword down there and it has a spell wear Walkers cannot use certain dead.

CHqYXTiWEAANH2l.png

i dont see the big deal with CGI cersei... who cares? the pain and suffering is still there... the scene is still ****ing awesome...

ЯɘvlveR;31623499 said:

Stannis is dead. “It would have been gratuitous,” Nutter told Variety about his reasons for cutting away before Brienne’s sword separated Stannis’s head from his body. “You really got a sense that Stannis had nothing else to live for. Brienne’s lifelong mission had come to an end. It’s a situation in which Stannis was ready to die and prepared to die.” (Yes we’re sorry about it, too.)

The original title for the final book was, "A Time for Wolves". I think we all know where this is headed.

I'll make you a deal - if Stannis actually got beheaded by Brienne there, I'll never post on these forums again. If I'm right and he WASN'T Beheaded by Brienne there, you never post again. We can even get a moderator to make this official by banning the loser.

Ahem..... Now... will you kindly leave?

A-man is only as good as his word. :hehe:

Curious question from other viewers but was it implied or shown that Cersei was actually pelted with blunt objects such as stones and was that blood over her body?
Or was it crops and such things that smeared and smudged looking like blood?

I have a pal that is feeling it was the former and perhaps the show runners choose to not show the stones that were thrown.
Again, mostly curious for I believe what I believe but opinions are always interesting.

Also, am I seeing that lena was doubled for that walk?

I assumed it was due to the crap, and in some cases literal crap, being thrown at her which would cause cuts to open along with walking down the street barefoot with who knows what on it.

they tried to show how far she had to walk...looked like a good couple miles or so... and yea she was bleeding from the things thrown at her... even an onion can cut you if thrown from a distance etc, so it was well done and realistic.

You know it's such a shame the Shireen burning had to be done for nothing more than shock value, they could have had both Shireen and Selyse die because of the Bolton army. If Stannis is truly dead :*(((((

Stannis is dead. “It would have been gratuitous,” Nutter told Variety about his reasons for cutting away before Brienne’s sword separated Stannis’s head from his body. “You really got a sense that Stannis had nothing else to live for. Brienne’s lifelong mission had come to an end. It’s a situation in which Stannis was ready to die and prepared to die.” (Yes we’re sorry about it, too.)
Ahem..... Now... will you kindly leave?

It can easily be misdirection. After all, given that one of the major cliffhangers for the season is Stannis' apparent death, they aren't very well going to immediately say "don't worry, he's alive" right out the gate, surely? Likewise, Kit Harington and the show's producers have also said that Jon Snow is dead and isn't coming back. Yet, people don't seem to be treating such statements with the same level of believability as the "Stannis is dead" ones.

In other words, until the next season starts and we see Stannis either dead or alive onscreen, there's no way of knowing with certainty whether he's dead or not. Or put another way, to this day, people are still debating whether Syrio Forel is alive or dead.

It can easily be misdirection. After all, given that one of the major cliffhangers for the season is Stannis' apparent death, they aren't very well going to immediately say "don't worry, he's alive" right out the gate, surely? Likewise, Kit Harington and the show's producers have also said that Jon Snow is dead and isn't coming back. Yet, people don't seem to be treating such statements with the same level of believability as the "Stannis is dead" ones.

In other words, until the next season starts and we see Stannis either dead or alive onscreen, there's no way of knowing with certainty whether he's dead or not. Or put another way, to this day, people are still debating whether Syrio Forel is alive or dead.

This true, Kit and the producers are going full Nolan/JJ in their attempts to make people think Jon really is dead. The reason though that I think so many people are assuming Stannis is dead is because his story seemed very much to have concluded. His army was gone, his family was gone, and Melissandre had deserted him. It made sense for him to die. His arc seemed to be over. And the show added all that. In the books we just have one very circumspect letter. The fact that the went through the trouble of showing all the extra stuff that Stannis went through definitely seems to support the "Stannis is dead" theory. But there's always a chance he's not.

Now, as for Jon, he could be dead...but with all the loose ends still tied to that character, it does seem highly unlikely. Added to the fact that the show was reallllllllllly hinting at R+L=J, and the fact that Melissandre showed up right before he died....it just doesn't seem all that likely that his death will stick. So it makes more sense that people are more likely to believe Jon will come back.

Liam Cunningham did say that he and Stephen Dillane said their farewells when this season was done filming, so there's that. I really don't see why Stannis would be alive beyond this point, they went out of their way to absolutely destroy his life and his claim and bring him to that point where he was ****ed. There's nothing else left for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"