Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the ****e had a higher social standing, like say she were a madam, I could see it. A common prostitute may not feel enough class solidarity with the former masters to lead a rebellion. She's definitely appeared randomly in more than one Harpy scene, which is suspicious.

tumblr_nq51x9GcqD1s10umgo1_500.jpg

Really killing him at this point in the story doesn't make any sense, imo, it would just be for shock value and to drive home that "nobody is safe". But you can defy the tropes and conventions of writing only so far before it becomes bad writing. And killing off a character that has been developed as one of the protagonists for 5 books would be just that. But it does give everyone something to discuss about for the next few years.

If Jon is truly dead....than GRRM has his books are pretty close to jumping the shark I fear.

The problem is, they've cut out everything cathartic or emotional from books 4 & 5, plus they've misinterpreted a few things in grievous ways and hurt a lot of characters' emotional arcs in the process. It went from being a show that didn't cheat to help it's heroes win, to being a show that cheats to help it's villains win.

EXACTLY! And that is no good! The showrunners really need to step it up in Season 6 and 7 and bring back Jon Snow for chris sake!

I wouldn't mind Alan Taylor coming back, but I really wanted to see Neil Marshall again, he did those great action episodes and was really hoping he'd do Siege of Winterfell.

After the enormity of Terminator Genisys' failures I'm terrified of him doing anything else with GoT :funny:

Rereading A Clash of Kings. I'd forgotten how good this was. Does anyone here subscribe to the Bolt-On theory?

GoT Steelbooks coming our way

GameOfThrones_SteelbookCollectorSets.jpg

I wonder be double dipping until the complete series comes out.

Rereading A Clash of Kings. I'd forgotten how good this was. Does anyone here subscribe to the Bolt-On theory?

No, that's crazy. Most of it is founded on Roose and Ramsay having similar eyes.

oh look, Sawyer said something! *shoots self in face*

I haven't worked out if Sawyer's a quitter yet, but hopefully soon.

tumblr_nqjebaUYcE1rvpuifo4_250.gif

Stannis may not be dead yet. They should have shown Brienne cut his head off.

They didn't...so who knows what will happen now with this season being all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"