Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - - - - Part 25

I believe that the theory compared the hypothetical alliance to more what the U.S. had with pet dictators in the Middle East.

So you're saying Euron=
Saddam-southpark.png

Yes. He's also, perhaps, romantically connected to the series' Satan figure. It all fits.

The red eye thing definitely factors into being a Greenseer, as Leaf tells Bran in ADWD, and Euron tells his brother that he used to have dreams that he could fly as a child. But I think more than likely Euron is a fallen protege of Bloodraven rather than still in his employ. He got to close to the heart of winter and the Night's Queen got into his head, so Bloodraven had to go with plan B and use Bran.

If Euron has to be connected to Bloodraven, I like the idea that he would be a fallen protege, though I can't see Bran as a plan B situation because he's one of my favorites.

I'm personally hoping that if Euron is a greenseeer, then he's an enemy of Bloodraven and not someone he trained, but rather he's going to train Bran to counter Euron somehow. (Maybe warging into the inevitable dragon Euron will probably take control of) I could see Euron maybe having the sight, but not a very strong connection, and him doing anything in his power to make it stronger.

Well Euron alludes to having a backstory that's very similar to Bran's, in terms of the dreams and the crow symbolism as a child. As Bloodraven is the last Greenseer, I'm not really sure how else Euron would possible gain these dreams or who else has the visual motif of the crow/raven.

Bloodraven at this point is basically just a husk, a skeletal corpse that's barely kept alive by the Weirwood. Leaf describes him as having lived far too long, and I think she's right. I think the original plan was for his successor to be Euron about 40-45 years before AGoT, (which would have been right about the end of Bloodraven's natural lifespan) and when that failed Bloodraven had to wait until the next person with those abilities came about-Bran. I think its a Vader/Obi-Wan/Luke dynamic between them, with the Night's Queen/Great Other serving as the ones who corrupted Euron into the satanic creature he is now.

Im wondering if the show will ever have the dragons in the water again? In season three Drogon could dive for fish. I would ****ing love for Euron and his fleet to be on the sea facing down Dany's fleet and Dany's dragons come bursting out of the water from underneath three of Euron's ships and just crush them.

Doubtful. Dragons have historically fared poorly in battles where water comes into play; During Aegon's Conquest Meraxes was unable to be properly utilised in the taking of Storm's End because the rain was too heavy for it to fly or breathe fire. During the Dance of the Dragons the Tyroshi fleet managed to kill both Vermax and Stormcloud by taking advantage of the aquatic conditions and using whaling techniques to bring them down.

Dany would want to hope that it's a bright, sunny, warm day at open sea when she faces Euron's fleet. But given that it's Winter...

Well, well, well....

Hello, Roose. You seem... spirited.

It's because Euron Phelps has defeated that drug-cheat Daario.

he also ruined Rogue One

Doubtful. Dragons have historically fared poorly in battles where water comes into play; During Aegon's Conquest Meraxes was unable to be properly utilised in the taking of Storm's End because the rain was too heavy for it to fly or breathe fire. During the Dance of the Dragons the Tyroshi fleet managed to kill both Vermax and Stormcloud by taking advantage of the aquatic conditions and using whaling techniques to bring them down.

Dany would want to hope that it's a bright, sunny, warm day at open sea when she faces Euron's fleet. But given that it's Winter...

The water didn't bother Drogon when he was fishing. He went in the water and came back out and breathed fire like it was nothing. So I'm not sure water will be a weakness in the show.

Well then they suck for making dragons even more OP :funny:

I think the dragons weakness will be....

Cheese.

When did Sophie get all these tattoos?

Sophie-Turner-Blonde-Venice_15.jpg

Sophie-Turner-Blonde-Venice_2.jpg

Sophie-Turner-Blonde-Venice_7.jpg

And I had no idea she was a natural blonde.

I knew she had the lady tattoo... not the others... she recently dyed her hair blonde, not sure if shes naturally blonde or not...

either way...

#WouldPlow

She said at comiccon she either has a Lady tattoo or is getting one. thats all i know. She also said something about tattooing 'Cory' 3 inches below her belly button.

I like the Lady tattoo but the rest remind me of those shocking ones those One Direction numpties got.

What kind of person brags about their Hugo Losers Party then throws out a "sorry, invitation only" at the end?

The same kind that left me high and dry after that Damphair chapter. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"