Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, thanks to the short sightedness of the thread closure and the complete lack of respect and restraint posters have in THIS thread I doubt I'll be very active in the GOT discussions anymore. Those members can't keep their mouths shut and discuss book stuff in the book thread in the appropriate forum so everyone else has to deal with it.

Too many people blabbed about Coldhands, Lady Stoneheart, the Red Wedding and etc. well before they ever appeared (or not) to the point this thread is worthless for anyone who has yet to read the books.

Requests for an entire forum are ignored, an attempt to do a book-free discussion are closed without consideration and now there will be fewer people in here to discuss the show because we can't dare have a book-free spoiler thread. :whatever:

Agree brother! (or sister, I can't tell).

I read a new character name in this thread, or heck even a theory, and I already think I spoiled the final few seasons.

The surprises are half the enjoyment. Trust me, if we wanted to know the spoilers, it isn't hard to google them. I can't imagine Breaking Bad being nearly as fun if we had known the fate of all characters prior to the show airing.

The Defenders, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones have entire sub-sections. And we can't get a GOT-Spoiler free thread? :doh:

Take a hiatus from the show. I've been thinking that's what I'll do until we get TWOW/ADOS.

I think that is easier said than done.
The show is irresistibly good in its own right and there isn't any definite release to either book.

Perhaps I could resist a season or two of GoT if I knew for sure that the books would be released on a specific date but as it is the show might precede the books by years, decades even, if they are ever released at all!

Plus employing this strategy would mean that I would have to avoid all forums, all social media, tv, friends and family because you know as well as I do as soon as something shocking takes place in the show everyone feels they have the right to loudly discuss it without consideration for anyone else.

I think you might be bitting off more than you can chew, already things like the fate of Jojen are probable spoilers for the future of the series, like if anything ever happens to Tyrion the internet will explode and you'll get hit by information shrapnel even if you are being a complete ninja about trying to avoid details.

Agree brother! (or sister, I can't tell).

I read a new character name in this thread, or heck even a theory, and I already think I spoiled the final few seasons.

The surprises are half the enjoyment. Trust me, if we wanted to know the spoilers, it isn't hard to google them. I can't imagine Breaking Bad being nearly as fun if we had known the fate of all characters prior to the show airing.

The Defenders, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones have entire sub-sections. And we can't get a GOT-Spoiler free thread? :doh:

Good news. I sent a PM to Matt and it looks like they'll be reconsidering their decision about a spoiler-free Game of Thrones thread.

Stay frosty...

Because Winter is Coming! :oldrazz:

Everyone thank Mr. Peasant. His well-rationed argument won the day. You could all learn from his example. Rather than whining in the thread, just PM us if you feel we've made a mistake. We can actually be reasonable people on occasion. :oldrazz:

Anyway, wanted to address this point particularly:

Marvolo said:
Perhaps we should just all PM a request for our own section to all the mods and the Hype creator himself. At the very least, the mods could give an official reason why they are ignoring us and treating this show like some bastard child.

Quit being dramatic. You are not some under-represented oppressed minority. This show doesn't have its own forum because it is neither a superhero show or a comic book property. Simply put, this show is beyond the scope of this forum, so discussion is kept in the Misc. TV subsection where it belongs.

Anyway, enjoy your spoiler and spoiler-free threads. Thanks again, peasant. :up:

Anyway, wanted to address this point particularly:

Quit being dramatic. You are not some under-represented oppressed minority. This show doesn't have its own forum because it is neither a superhero show or a comic book property. Simply put, this show is beyond the scope of this forum, so discussion is kept in the Misc. TV subsection where it belongs.

Anyway, enjoy your spoiler and spoiler-free threads. Thanks again, peasant. :up:

Being a superhero hero product or a non comic book product don't seem to be the parameters of getting a Forum though. Take for example TWD, it's based on a comic sure but there is no clear cut hero much less Superhero but a comic adaption none the less. Now Transformers is a movie series that started as a TV show and THEN got comics and you could certainly call the Autobots Superheroes but really do they warrant a forum anymore than GOT? Game Of Thrones as you know started as a book series though without superheros and then was turned into a critically acclaimed show and also has been adapted as a comic book as well. So, the way I see it it has reached your parameters for a Forum, it's on TV and has a Comic-book and has no superheroes like TWD but it got it's comic later like Transformers.

Just a thought.

Yes but the GoT comics are awful, anyways as far as I got into them.
They seemed like a badly drawn adaptation of the show.

Just be glad that GoT discussion here isn't as abysmally slow paced as it is at westeros.org, pretty sure that that is the biggest forum for ASOIAF related things and it is awful.

Care to justify the star trek sub forum then? Its is neither superheors nor a comic property. Or how about the music section? Or the celebrities section? Or the politics section? Or the tech section?

And I appreciate you calling me out in an unprofessional and hyperbolic manner. I never once claimed to be a repressed minority. I simply pointed out the obvious hypocrisy of some properties like star trek being given a section, while this property which does have comics and many books and the most successful HBO show in history and a significant amount of topics to discuss is denied one. And I was questioning why the mods hadnt responded to numerous posts about this topic in here. And questioning why a perfectly okay and purposeful spoiler free thread was closed without reason or notice.

You are the mod of this thread. It is your job to keep us informed. If you choose not to and continually ignore us or leave us blowing in the wind dont get upset or annoyed at us when we are confused by a decision and upset by what appeared to be your complete indifference to our requests.

All you had to say was, "Sorry everyone Ive been busy and havent had time to read or consider the requests. A member messaged me and I considered and here is a spoiler free thread. Once again sorry for not getting back to you about this."

Last edited:
Care to justify the star trek sub forum then? Its is neither superheors nor a comic property. And I appreciate you calling me out in an unprofessional and hyperbolic manner. I never once claimed to be a repressed minority. I simply pointed out the obvious hypocrisy of some properties like star trek being given a section, while this property which does have comics published is denied one. And questioning why the mods hadnt responded to numerous posts about this topic in here. And questioning why a perfectly okay and purposeful spoiler free thread was closed without reason or notice.

You are the mod of this thread. It is your job to keep us informed. If you choose not to and continually ignore us or leave us blowing in the wind dont get upset or annoyed at us when we are confused by a decision and upset by what appeared to be your complete indifference to our requests.

All you had to say was, "Sorry everyone Ive been busy and havent had time to read or consider the requests. A member messaged me and I considered and here is a spoiler free thread. Once again sorry for not getting back to you about this."

See, after reading Hush's post I was inclined to kick it up the food chain. But then I read yours. Bit of advice, don't bit a hand when you are asking it to feed you.

Don't past tense a hand when you are asking it to feed you.

See, after reading Hush's post I was inclined to kick it up the food chain. But then I read yours. Bit of advice, don't bit a hand when you are asking it to feed you.

Are you baiting me?

A typo, wow. You showed me.

Are you baiting me?

No, I am telling you that you should follow peasant's example. He wanted something, he asked for it politely rather than whining and playing victim and he got it. You ought to reflect upon that next time you want something. I am not inclined to do you any favors considering your attitude and behavior. That is the only point I make.

No, I am telling you that you should follow peasant's example. He wanted something, he asked for it politely rather than whining and playing victim and he got it. You ought to reflect upon that next time you want something. I am not inclined to do you any favors considering your attitude and behavior. That is the only point I make.

Ok I will admit I could have pm'd you. Though in my defense its been so long since youve been seen in these parts I wasnt even sure you were still modding this thread.

My attitude in the original post was a result of repeated requests for a section by multiple members not being answered which made me think they were being ignored and the unwarranted closure of the non spoiler thread. So I think if you look at the situation you could see how someone might get slightly perturbed. For the assumption on my part that we were being ignored and for implying you were derelict in your duties I apologize. I still think saying I was acting like a repressed minority wasnt the best way to diffuse a situation but I dont know what you're up to at the current moment so IDK maybe you didnt give it much thought and just responded that way in haste. It happens from time to time. Regardless Im fine with it. I shouldnt have jumped back at you because that was not going to diffuse things either. If you feel the need to reprimand me I will accept the reprimand without any further word. But dont punish the rest on my account. Hush like you said makes the point more succinctly and calmly than I did and its a good point.

And thank you for the non spoiler thread and spoiler threads. It will make things better for both sides.

Last edited:
Thank you, and I apologize if I was a bit snippy. Long day at the office. I'm gonna see what I can do. No promises, but I see the argument for it. There are a lot of characters, a lot of things to discuss. Ultimately it will be a Mirko decision, but I'll try to sell it.

Well I hope it does get kicked up the chain. Thanks for reading man.

Thank you, and I apologize if I was a bit snippy. Long day at the office. I'm gonna see what I can do. No promises, but I see the argument for it. There are a lot of characters, a lot of things to discuss. Ultimately it will be a Mirko decision, but I'll try to sell it.

We're all good man. Im having a tedious day at work as well (I work a 2nd/3rd shift) and its my birthday and there are a million places Id rather be at the moment and I just took my frustration out here. Thank you for taking this request to Mirko and trying to get this done for us.:)

Well I hope it does get kicked up the chain. Thanks for reading man.

It's been kicked up and discussions are happening. :up: I am making the case (but having me in your corner might work against the argument :funny:).

FINALLY I get to watch the finale. What a long wait!

Read what happened in the finale monday in Usa Today. Going to watch it tonight. lol
Man the head pop in ep 8 was gruesome! I'll think of that scene everytime I get a headache now lol

What do people think overall of Season 4 now then that it's done? And compared to the other seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"