Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

I just hope they've left the scheming, backstabbing Sansa of seasons 6 & 7 behind. Her and Arya working together should've been a new start for the character.
I hope they left the scheming and backstabbing in general behind. It's time to move on to the big payoff.

I hope they left the scheming and backstabbing in general behind. It's time to move on to the big payoff.

I wouldnt count on it. Cersei is gonna scheme and **** over others until she's dead. Her very last scene of season 7 was her detailing how she's been scheming to screw over the entire North. And who knows what sort of evil **** she'll do when the main characters all inevitably end up back in the South.

Euron's definitely got some scheme. I doubt hes actually loyal to Cersei. At some point he'll probably screw her over.

Tyrion will definitely have his own plans. He's never been the type to not have plans and schemes.

Bran's a wild card and an emotionless automaton being driven by some ancient magic.

Arya is an assassin and bloodthirsty and sneaky as hell.

Mel is gonna be returning. She fights for the Light but beyond that I wouldnt put it past her to screw over one of the protagonists if she thought it was necessary to defeat the army of the dead.

And there is Varys...

So much scheming. :funny:

Cersei is the only one left who'll do any betraying. Everyone else will be too focused on the army of the dead. I can't see Arya making trouble for anyone save for maybe Jaime if he joins the rest of them in the North, as it seemed he was on his way to doing when we last saw him.

I could see Sansa being a double agent, secretly working so Jon can keep his throne as King of the North... behind Jon's back. Maybe Aria helps her. I generally agree though. I hope they don't dedicate much screen time to that stuff. It's time to get to the main events. The battle for the iron throne, and the battle against the dead.

Cersei is the only one left who'll do any betraying. Everyone else will be too focused on the army of the dead. I can't see Arya making trouble for anyone save for maybe Jaime if he joins the rest of them in the North, as it seemed he was on his way to doing when we last saw him.

If things get bad enough and Tyrion believes betrayal gives him a better chance of survival he will betray Jon and Dany somehow. I dont think he'd feel good about it tho. Or do it lightly. And since this is GOT we can be sure things are going to get very very bad for the heroes this season.

I could see Sansa being a double agent, secretly working so Jon can keep his throne as King of the North... behind Jon's back. Maybe Aria helps her. I generally agree though. I hope they don't dedicate much screen time to that stuff. It's time to get to the main events. The battle for the iron throne, and the battle against the dead.

I think that will be their initial plan when Jon and Dany arrive. I think itd be out of character for them not to consider it. They love Jon and see his naivete and the risk to Winterfell and their family. No way they'd just accept Dany and not think her a threat. But as long as Dany doesnt do anything stupid or act megalomaniacal and bossy she should be safe from Arya and Sansa.

it seems today we get nothing but HBO has confirmed on twitter that we get the exact date this Sunday right Before True Detective Starts HYPE

so close enough? lol i was wondering about the 11th being so close to TD3.

HBO announced today that the eighth and final season of the blockbuster will premiere on April 14th.

Last edited:
April 14th. I gotta admit, it's earlier than I expected. Of course I'm out of town that weekend, but thank the lord for HBO Go.

Hmm, wow. That scene is quite interesting. Part of me wonders if it was shot specifically for the promo. Still, it's great to see the crypts more. This was our best look at it yet! The whole thing had this really reflective tone to it. I hope that's also true for season 8. I love hearing flashbacks of Kat and Ned. Makes the whole thing feel cohesive.

Last edited:
Hmm, wow. That scene is quite interesting. Part of me wonders if it was shot specifically for the promo. Still, it's great to see the crips more. This was our best look at it yet! The whole thing had this really reflective tone to it. I hope that's also true for season 8. I love hearing flashbacks of Kat and Ned. Makes the whole thing feel cohesive.
That is another teaser only most likely. And it is starting to get real annoying...

They are going back to their original release schedule. Kind of fitting.

That is another teaser only most likely. And it is starting to get real annoying...

They are going back to their original release schedule. Kind of fitting.

It could be a shared "green" dream. All the Starks have some warging ability. Maybe they all share this as a dream.

I think it's very telling that Bran isnt with them. As though he is no longer truly a Stark.

Also, the focus on the crypts and the Night King arriving there makes me think the rumor about
the Night King's wife or something equally important to him being hidden in the crypts under Winterfell is true.

it was definitely just shot for a teaser... otherwise thats one dumb as **** scene lol

They could show 60 seconds of Jon Snow saying "winter is coming" over and over again, and I'd probably get enjoyment out of it at this point. So, hey... I liked it. Beggars can't be choosers.

@Reek I'll sell it to you for 3 bucks. Plus the turban, and some VHS' I got out back.

What will you do with the money?

Buy a new Castle. Not just a keep, no no...a whole new Dreadfort, from scratch.

Seems that every episode will have around 2 hours and it will have different story lines for the hackers

we know the episodes will be longer as 60 minutes , but 2 hours would be too good to be true

The big whigs at HBO have said each episode is "feature length" and "each episode is like a movie". So each episode will probably be 70 - 90 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"