Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

Emilia Clarke, of “Game of Thrones,” on Surviving Two Life-Threatening Aneurysms

To summarize...

She had an aneurism after season 1 wrapped. Had brain surgery and suffered aphasia. Spent season 2 recovering and taking morphine. At one point she was taking morphine in between press interviews just to function. The surgery after season 3 failed and she had a second aneurism. They did another major surgery and removed parts of her skull and replaced them with titanium plates and stopped the bleed on her brain. When she went to comicon once she had had surgery only weeks before and spent the whole event suffering an excruciating headache and thinking she was going to die at any second. Then after the event she did an interview with MTV because, and I quote, "if I'm going to go it might as well be on live television."

And she worked during this ordeal. And kept it private. She's ****ing amazing.
Wow, that adds a whole new element to her performance in Season 2. Feel bad now.

Yeah the fact she was in the show at all past season 1 is pretty damn amazing.

Emilia Clarke, of “Game of Thrones,” on Surviving Two Life-Threatening Aneurysms

To summarize...

She had an aneurism after season 1 wrapped. Had brain surgery and suffered aphasia. Spent season 2 recovering and taking morphine. At one point she was taking morphine in between press interviews just to function. The surgery after season 3 failed and she had a second aneurism. They did another major surgery and removed parts of her skull and replaced them with titanium plates and stopped the bleed on her brain. When she went to comicon once she had had surgery only weeks before and spent the whole event suffering an excruciating headache and thinking she was going to die at any second. Then after the event she did an interview with MTV because, and I quote, "if I'm going to go it might as well be on live television."

Not only is it amazing that she survived, it's amazing that none of us were any the wiser.

Wow. To say she's quite a trooper would be an understatement.

It's also really good on D&D and HBO's part that they accommodated her recovery time and multiple surgeries and pain. And also for not dumping her out of fear. She was a ticking insurance nightmare time bomb for HBO.

To summarize...

Damn.

She really is amazing. I'm surprised with the media being so good at finding out things that nobody had a clue about her condition. I also wonder if this is the reason she had so little screen time in Season Two. I've always thought it was odd how small a storyline she had that year, of course if going by the books, her character didn't have much to do in "A Clash Of Kings" so there was that too.

I still wish that Marcella had survived only to turn her back on her mother and maybe die later on.

To summarize...

Finally gave this read it was shocking, heartbreaking, and ultimately life-affirming. It really gives so much more respect and a new appreciation for Emilia and the fact she's still with us and while going through this nightmare was able to not visibly even skip a beat. Just wow.

Are Ramsay's hounds still in Winterfell? Need to put those little bastids in the vanguard against the Night King.

I want to just wait until April 28 to start the season so I can watch this season's whole Winterfell arc in one go rather than have the BS whining from Sansa and the Northern Lords, and the prep for the battle and the battle itself spread over 3 weeks. I just dont think I've got the will power to wait until April 28. Hopefully multiple episodes will leak so I dont have to wait until April 28.

You're a lunatic, Riddle. And that's why I respect you.

You're a lunatic, Riddle. And that's why I respect you.

FondLinedEland-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

well no new trailer :(

dont hate me! im delicate.

maisie, emilia and kit are on talk shows this week...

maisie monday on fallon
emilia tuesday on colbert
kit thursday on fallon

oh damn so i was right lol i didnt see it anywhere

apparently there were 2 short ones on amazon prime

Teaser -> Trailer -> TV Spots has been the the pattern for the seasons including this one so far.

shot of John at the tree with Arya standing behind him is all sorts of greatness

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"