The Dark Knight general public....

Reek

_____
Reaction score
ive been wondering this... how much does the general public actually know about this movie? there was a teaser trailer yes, seen by some general public....but only showed a QUICK flash of a joker card....chances are many people missed it....

not only that....but the general public knows nothing about the leaked pics, whysoserious, Rory the pumpkin, the new pic....the new game....well basically all the general public knows for sure is there another batman coming....if they even know that much....not everyone is a fangeek like us....

so i guess the discussion is how will TDK capture the general audience? when? are they gonna continue fangeek viral marketing and hope ticket sales stem from that? i think not.... but IMO, if Heaths Joker is as fantastic as we hear, youd think there would be....MORE....than what we have... of course theres still months of time...but how are they gonna get this to the general public in the way they got it to us?

i say this because they got the joker and TDK to us in a viral, JOKERISH way...a simple trailer wont get the general public like this got us.... IMO, ive saidthis in another thread, but they sould have the trailer, but also have random joker commercials...much live TV interruptions like joker took over the tv station and states a plan or task for the fans, or jsut simply talks wierd stuff..

any thoughts....

Well this is just a LITTLE condescending. :cwink:

It will ramp up next year. People know how good BB was, and they know the Joker, and I think they're tired of disappointments like SM3 and FF, etc. (or at least I am).

Movies never pick up with the general audience until a month or two before it's release.

More so than 3-4 years back I'd say, the internet isn't confined to basement dwellers anymore, kids, adults even elder people use the internet, even knuckle dragging jocks probably go on the interweb, somehow alot more mainstream.

I post on a few other message boards(a New York Yankees one and a Houston Rockets one) and they both have a thread dedicated to all things TDK. So its not like the general public knows absolutely nothing.

I post on a few other message boards(a New York Yankees one and a Houston Rockets one) and they both have a thread dedicated to all things TDK. So its not like the general public knows absolutely nothing.

I frequent this indie music website, and their TDK thread is numbering in the 10,000th post.

the reason i say it, is i have mentioned it to my family and friends, as well as in class, and not many, if any, have any idea when the dark knight comes out, who is playing joker...well anything...

the reason i say it, is i have mentioned it to my family and friends, as well as in class, and not many, if any, have any idea when the dark knight comes out, who is playing joker...well anything...

I'm the resident comic book movie expert (nerd) in my small circle so I make it my duty to inform my ignorant friends of what's coming out. They know a sequel is coming out, they know who is playing the Joker, and they know Two Face is in it and who is playing him. Overall, a good start I think.

Exactly. Sure, they're STILL a bunch of dimwitted, misinformed, gullible, incompetent nincompoops, but most of them have the internet just like the rest of us.

I'll give them that much.

Some people know, the vast majority don't. People have short attention spans, unless they are film buffs they have no idea something is coming until they see commercials for it.

I knew one person who though the ending of BB with the Joker card was a setup to B89. He thought it was a prequel so I had to correct him and explain that they are doing their own series and it had no connection to the previous films. He didn't believe me at first.

The general public is dumb.

If you look at this way--if a scientist comes up to you and asks you about the latest news concerning quarks and the current distance of the largest black hole discovered, you're just as ignorant as the rest of us.

And when it comes to TDK-related news and ****, I'm sure the rest of the world has other things on their mind. It's the least of their concerns.

What you do is commit your own viral marketing. Dress up like Batman and break into your friends house late at night and wake him up and say, "I'm Batman" and stuff like that. Then leave.

The next time, set his car on fire and leave a note saying "teh Jokar wuz here" and stuff like that.

I post on a James Bond message board and our THE DARK KNIGHT thread is on it's 107th page with 1,607 posts.

What you do is commit your own viral marketing. Dress up like Batman and break into your friends house late at night and wake him up and say, "I'm Batman" and stuff like that. Then leave.

Yeah, there you go.

"I'M BATMAN. MY NEW MOVIE, THE SEQUEL TO THE 2005 SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER BATMAN BEGINS, CALLED THE DARK KNIGHT COMES OUT JULY 18th, 2008. BE THERE OR I WILL HURT YOU... VERY BADLY. ALSO: RACHELLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KTHNXBAI."

i say this because they got the joker and TDK to us in a viral, JOKERISH way...a simple trailer wont get the general public like this got us.... IMO, ive saidthis in another thread, but they sould have the trailer, but also have random joker commercials...much live TV interruptions like joker took over the tv station and states a plan or task for the fans, or jsut simply talks wierd stuff..

I've thought that for months. They can still use the viral marketing to market to the general public, they just have to amp it up. Jokervision TV commercials would be the perfect way to do that.

all this marketing team needs to do is release a trailer during the super bowl and in one instant- the entire world will know what took us months and months of researching to know.

agreed the general public i in the dark so far, but when they release trailers/tv spots/seeing the cast on talk shows hings will pick up a month or so before release

I've thought that for months. They can still use the viral marketing to market to the general public, they just have to amp it up. Jokervision TV commercials would be the perfect way to do that.

On Smallville's fourth season finale, they showed a ten-minute clip of Batman Begins; I wouldn't mind the same thing on Smallville's seventh season finale.

The next time, set his car on fire and leave a note saying "teh Jokar wuz here" and stuff like that.

awesome. some kids on this site may actually do these things.

Actually a good amount of people are talking about this movie already. I was in the office today and Co workers were talking about the Buzz the movie is creating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"