general public....

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Reek, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Devan I love film.

Wait a second... Bubba + indie website = WTF?

2. BubbaGump Bland User

It's not YOUR kinda indie, just to clarify things. :ninja:

3. Devan I love film.

Oh, understood.

4. BubbaGump Bland User

Watch it, buddy...:dry:

5. William_C StylelessKnave

The people who are doing the goose chases and activities are creating the buzz for the "general public" and once this all over, they'll probably start having the merchandise, candies, and all that other stuff come out to everyone. Then maybe tv commercials and all that will be around.

6. the_monk Registered

You have to understand that the point of this current marketing campaign is to get people who would visit this type of site to not only be excited for the film, but to see it multiple times and to buy the merchandising.

No, the general public knows almost nothing about this movie and probably won't think about it until a month or two prior to it's release. They'll see the trailer, the billboards, and the internet ads and will say "oh, they made a sequel to that?".

7. Citadel30 Here I am...

and by then- we will already know the plot and the ending.

8. William_C StylelessKnave

Plot yes, but hopefully we get dont that much

9. IamProdigy Registered

Like...mewithoutYou? Eisley?

J/w.

10. SolidSnakeMGS Registered

I mean nerd in the good way, of course. Its the n-word; if we're n-words, we can call each other n-words in an endearing way. But if a non-n-word busts out the n-word, its ON!!!

11. Paste Pot Pete No, I build a rocket.

They will get the word out to the public just like they do with every major motion picture. Trailers, tv spots, 10s of millions of dollars spent on marketing.

This viral stuff is just the icing on the cake, and something to keep us weirdos busy.

12. Doc Holliday I'm your huckleberry

Did you know Eisley got their name from Mos Eisley? That makes them 10 times cooler in my book.

13. Superman45 Registered

some have asked me what Im was doing when they saw me in Joker makeup.
    Things like that hype people up. Or let them know about it

14. seifergt Registered

i went as joker on halloween, and everyone thought it was nicholson except my freinds who i update on tdk. I tried to spread the word of a new movie and new joker, but it was hard talking to drunks.

15. 89Canes Guest

I lol'd IRL.

16. Watson Ninja delivery girl

I mostly update my friends on all Batman goings on. Which is the beauty of this campaign. 42 knows we will all gush to the (few) non nerd friends we have about what's going on and the information will disseminate amongst the general populace.

17. flashmp1 Guest

and where where is the BATMAN??

18. Anjow1060 Rattling the cage

[​IMG]

"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances"

I think you're giving up too soon my friend. I showed the teaser to my mom and my 15 year old sister and they immediatly went "oh the Joker's in this one?"

Not to mention, ever since the viral marketing kicked into high gear thats all I talk about to them. And my mom told my grandma who mentioned it to me.

And I visited my sister at work. Her friend knew about the viral marketing because my sister told her how obsessed I was about it.

The "leaked" pics where everywhere. Even in ads. All over websites, google, facebook and myspace. People have seen them. Do they know they're "leaked"? Prolly not. But do they care about that? Nope.

Is WSS aimed at the general audience? Nope. It's aimed at hardcore fans to make us happy/shut up. Not to mention we're doing marketing FOR them by dressing up as Jokers and running around and taking pictures. And then one day when they see trailers and other marketing they'll remember us as clowns acting a fool and they'll talk about it to someone. Which means word of mouth will spread.

Trust me.....this is all well planned out and working perfectly. For them AND us.

- Jow

19. Caped Crusader Grizzled

Couldn't agree more jow

20. ray243 Registered

There is a good enough amount of people who has knowledge about the new batman film.

Sure...they might not know the exact details...but at least some of them knows there is the joker in the movie.

I guess most people will think this film is a remake of the original film...which can be a good thing.

The ONLY downside to this film is...the movie may lose audience who are around 4-8. Mainly because parents who bring their kids to batman begins will know that this film isn't targetted towards small kids. When I saw it in IMAX, the parents seems to enjoy the movie more than their kids.

21. ray243 Registered

Just another note, the dark knight teaser was the most watched teaser on yahoo.

And it hit the yahoo frontpage, as well as the news of the crew member accident making it to the frontpage of entertainment.

So I am guessing it is more well known than what people think.

22. StylishHokie21 Registered

The general audience will probably be unaware of this movie until the trailer hits.

23. rijuco Registered

the general public has a very short attention span. If marketing begins too early the people may forget about it and have to be reminded...costing more money.

Heck, sometimes I even forget about the sequel until I check my email or someone else tells me I should read the boards.

24. lixdexia Registered

no, i think most people are aware that there's a new batman movie coming out. alot of my teammates have asked me about it and most of them make fun of me for reading comics, so i figure if the people who don't like it are intrested, the marketing's going ok

25. Caped Crusader Grizzled

Ray, this Batman series will not target the little kids thats for sure but i dont think its a downside at all because people who are not Batman fans after seeing the trailers when they come out and the star power it brings, im sure they will be interested to see what its about