• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rise of Skywalker General Star Wars Episode IX News/Speculation Thread - Part 1

I was unaware the site was 'right wing'; in any case the lady herself was seen on camera making her comments about 'making men uncomfortable' - i myself found it disturbing as imagine if she had been a man talking about women.
It would have an entirely different meaning, context and baggage. So the comparison is irrelevant.

In today's clickbait, outrage farming age, context goes entirely out the window. Terrible.

The Mandalorian and Grogu getting a movie.

The Mandalorian & Grogu Journeys to the Big Screen

The Mandalorian and Grogu are embarking on a new adventure — to movie theaters.

Directed by Jon Favreau, and produced by Favreau, Kathleen Kennedy, and Dave Filoni, The Mandalorian & Grogu will go into production in 2024.

“I have loved telling stories set in the rich world that George Lucas created,” said Favreau. “The prospect of bringing the Mandalorian and his apprentice Grogu to the big screen is extremely exciting.”

"Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni have ushered into Star Wars two new and beloved characters, and this new story is a perfect fit for the big screen," added Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm.

How dare she say such a thing when discussing her film documenting acid attacks and honour killings in Pakistan.
Is that what she was doing? Now that is surprising, because she was laughing at the time, which is odd considering the appalling nature of the subject.
Whatever.

It would have an entirely different meaning, context and baggage. So the comparison is irrelevant.

I'm sorry, but as a woman myself who's no stranger to misogyny I still found the comment unsettling.

My great grandmother by the way, was abused in every manner by her alcoholic husband who I refuse to call my great grandfather.

I really like this movie….Except
  • skipping Lightspeed (Han was one of the best pilots but didn‘t knew)
  • every Stardestroyer now having the (stupid) Starkillerbase-Tech
  • Reys having healing powers out of nowhere
  • sharing objects during telepathic conversations (but Rian Johnson started this ****)
  • Hux being double agent (but nothing new if you consider agent Kallus in Rebels)

As for Palpatines resurrection: Wasn’t there an EU story, where he was resurrected or cloned? So not too far fetched

Last edited:
I must say, I still chuckle at how awful Snoke's clones were!

I mean you can still have a new trilogy of Episodes 10, 11 and 12 with Rey Skywalker but with her training new Jedi

Well, when I was a reylo 90% of my fellow fans were female, and of all age groups.

Diversity in Star Wars is a good thing, i seem to remember lando being the only minority in a thousand thousand galaxies, it doesnt bother me even alittle that more women are leading shows and movies, my problem is how poorly written many of these movies have been, some kind of direction for where much of this is going would be a nice change, there is a direction in the disney+ shows, but the films, seem disconjointed, to many directors with their own vision that doesnt mess with the person before him or her, overall i really haveny had alot to complain about, i am looked forward to the acolyte, that has my interest peeked

Diversity in Star Wars is a good thing, i seem to remember lando being the only minority in a thousand thousand galaxies, it doesnt bother me even alittle that more women are leading shows and movies, my problem is how poorly written many of these movies have been, some kind of direction for where much of this is going would be a nice change, there is a direction in the disney+ shows, but the films, seem disconjointed, to many directors with their own vision that doesnt mess with the person before him or her, overall i really haveny had alot to complain about, i am looked forward to the acolyte, that has my interest peeked
This. What DLf fail to understand is that most people are fine with a diverse cast, but not so fine with badly written characters.

Look at Rogue One.

This. What DLf fail to understand is that most people are fine with a diverse cast, but not so fine with badly written characters.

Look at Rogue One.
Andor might be the best piece of fiction Star Wars has had. It has great characters and a core made of kyber. It's also the lowest viewed live action Star Wars show.

So forgive me when I don't believe people just want well written characters. Especially as "badly written characters" has been code for any women, POC, and LGBTQIA+ character.

Andor might be the best piece of fiction Star Wars has had. It has great characters and a core made of kyber. It's also the lowest viewed live action Star Wars show.

So forgive me when I don't believe people just want well written characters. Especially as "badly written characters" has been code for any women, POC, and LGBTQIA+ character.
I think Andor being the lowest viewed live action show has more to do with it being a political thriller with no lightsaber-wielding Force users or droids or aliens or major legacy characters in prominent roles than anything else. It appeals to a much more niche audience compared to The Mandalorian or Obi-Wan Kenobi or Ahsoka. As incredible as it is, it's the least kid-friendly Star Wars project to date. The fact that it's the lowest viewed makes sense since I can't imagine any kid under the age of maybe 10 or 11 having much interest in it.

I think Andor being the lowest viewed live action show has more to do with it being a political thriller with no lightsaber-wielding Force users or droids or aliens or major legacy characters in prominent roles than anything else. It appeals to a much more niche audience compared to The Mandalorian or Obi-Wan Kenobi or Ahsoka. As incredible as it is, it's the least kid-friendly Star Wars project to date. The fact that it's the lowest viewed makes sense since I can't imagine any kid under the age of maybe 10 or 11 having much interest in it.
Which is of course keeping up with the fact that Rogue 1 was 'darker' than a lot of SW films...TLJ I think came the closest to it, despite the goofy Canto Bight scenes. It was the first SW film where the Resistance were not entirely 'pure'.

Which is of course keeping up with the fact that Rogue 1 was 'darker' than a lot of SW films...TLJ I think came the closest to it, despite the goofy Canto Bight scenes. It was the first SW film where the Resistance were not entirely 'pure'.
Each of the trilogies has their own darkest movie but Rogue One took it an extra step and really leaned into it with the ending that it had.

They were actually originally going to allow some characters to survive, but realised that they couldn't as it meant they'd be around during the OT years.
I wish they had actually.....they could have made Andor a continuance rather than a prequel, and there might have been a reason Rogue 1 had dropped out of sight after the events in the film. I loved the characters in that film, every one was a jewel.

Rey sadly was a wasted potential. Finn should have been much darker considering his background. Instead one became a joke and the other a Mary Sue.
It had nothing to do with Daisy's sex and John's ethnicity, they were poorly conceived.
Compare them to Leia, Lando, Mace Windu and of course....the whole cast of Rogue One. No comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"