The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird and disheartening to see this some of this C3PO dislike. I hope this steams all before the Prequels (in which he was very annoying but that was due to the writing) but he was fine in the orignal trilogy. Well, maybe he was a little annoying in 'Empire' but it was tolerable.

LONG LIVE C-3PO!

Agreed. He was awesome in the OT. The PT he really did not do much except get into "crazy" antics in Episode II. The writing is what killed him.

But I loved Han and his back and forth in ESB. It was awesome. You felt sorry for him, but you loved it when Han would scream at him. Calling his professor/goldenrod ect. I always loved R2 and 3PO. Of course they will be back.

The possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3720 to 1!! NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!
The odds of successfully surviving an attack on an Imperial Star Destroyer are... SHUT UP!

Great stuff.

C-3PO is pretty awesome. I hate him in the prequels, but in the OT he was just the right balance of comedy. I love whenever R2 cusses him out and C-3PO gets all offended.

C-3PO is pretty awesome. I hate him in the prequels, but in the OT he was just the right balance of comedy. I love whenever R2 cusses him out and C-3PO gets all offended.

Agreed 100%

I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me....Of course I've looked better!!

To re-clarify, I am indifferent to C3PO. I don't dislike him in any way, shape of form. I just don't dig droid/robot characters in general, R2 being a rare exception.

To re-clarify, I am indifferent to C3PO. I don't dislike him in any way, shape of form. I just don't dig droid/robot characters in general, R2 being a rare exception.

C-3PO... he's....hes my father.

Wow, even a quote like this sparks Lucas (the person) hate. Just wow.

Wow, even a quote like this sparks Lucas (the person) hate. Just wow.

Who hates George Lucas? The guy created Star Wars. A Star Wars fan hating George Lucas seems kind of backwards.

No offense, but where have you been living (fanboy-wise) for the past 14 years?:funny:

Go back 1-2 pages and you'll see a s**tload of assumptions for Lucas.

Nah, I've seen all the hate over the years. I just think it's so ridiculous that I don't recognize it's existence :D

I think Lucas is a good man and has done a lot for the I industry. That being said, I'm not a fan of the prequels though I'm not gonna judge.

Who hates George Lucas? The guy created Star Wars. A Star Wars fan hating George Lucas seems kind of backwards.

It's puzzling to me the type of dislike that Lucas has received. Although there were flaws in the prequels (like most films), I thought they were well-made. I am somewhat disappointed that he won't be actively involved in the third trilogy. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to seeing the finished products of the sequel trilogy.

Lucas saying that the original three are coming back tells us the same exact thing we've known for the past couple weeks. With that thing with Ford and Hamill and Fisher confirming it themselves.... yeah, we didn't see this coming at all...

It's weird and disheartening to see this some of this C3PO dislike. I hope this steams all before the Prequels (in which he was very annoying but that was due to the writing) but he was fine in the orignal trilogy. Well, maybe he was a little annoying in 'Empire' but it was tolerable.

LONG LIVE C-3PO!

Or maybe, just maybe people could be annoyed with him from the OT. Which he was a bit in ESB. Just like some people say Luke was annoying in ANH.

LONG LIVE C-3PO!
Actually, ESB is the root of my annoyance with him. I wanted Han to just blast him, so when that happened in Cloud City even if that was sad, i wont deny i was a bit relieved lol. I dont hate the character, but he's just too annoying and chatty. I'm more of an R2 fan myself: reserved (a few blips here and there) and always saving the day :woot:

It's pretty easy to hate George Lucas. If you do the research, you'll find out how disingenuous it is to credit George Lucas as the "creator" of Star Wars. While he may have come up with the initial concept of making a space adventure film similar to Flash Gordon, it was much more talented people like Gary Kurtz, Lawrence Kasdan, and Marcia Griffin that actually made those films work. It's no coincidence that the Star Wars film Lucas had the least involvement with (Empire) happens to be the best.

Lucas is a good idea man, but not a good filmmaker. For me, the most exciting prospect of these new films is that Lucas is taking a huge step back.

3PO's my favorite character behind Boba, Han and Vader. I love Goldenrod, great comedic relief character

It's pretty easy to hate George Lucas. If you do the research, you'll find out how disingenuous it is to credit George Lucas as the "creator" of Star Wars. While he may have come up with the initial concept of making a space adventure film similar to Flash Gordon, it was much more talented people like Gary Kurtz, Lawrence Kasdan, and Marcia Griffin that actually made those films work. It's no coincidence that the Star Wars film Lucas had the least involvement with (Empire) happens to be the best.

Lucas is a good idea man, but not a good filmmaker. For me, the most exciting prospect of these new films is that Lucas is taking a huge step back.

Which wouldn't have happened had Lucas not given them the bare bones idea in the first place.

After reading that Bloomberg article, I feel even better about the future of the franchise. It seems clear that the new trilogy will somewhat use Lucas's notes as the basis. I know many complain about his involvement, but he still has great ideas. And you are getting other writers involved for the actual screenplay, which Lucas himself said he hated doing, and that includes Lawrence Kasdan! Throw in J.J. Abrams... :woot:

Lucas came off as likable in the article. A crazy old man, but likable and smart. It's a good read overall. I don't agree with what he has done with the Prequels, which made me not care about Star Wars until the Disney buy-out, but I still respect an adore him.

Lucas came off as likable in the article. A crazy old man, but likable and smart. It's a good read overall. I don't agree with what he has done with the Prequels, which made me not care about Star Wars until the Disney buy-out, but I still respect an adore him.

That's how I feel. I love when some jump to the conclusion when you dislike something he's done or point out a flaw you automatically hate him. I could never hate him. His creative spark gave us the universe and the same with Indy. However, his work especially his later work just was terrible. And his decisions I never cared for much. But film aside, he seems like a very generous person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"