The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe Disney is waiting to announce it at some big event like Comicon or their Disney convention or Star Wars Celebration.

I'm wondering how the Star Wars celebration is going to be this year. I have a feeling it will be huge and it would be cool if Disney dropped some concept art or at least something. I would be down for that. I'm sure this Celebration will be one of the bigger ones in years. Many will be hoping for Episode VII news. Where is that held?

"Yes George?"

"Yeah about these announcements. Lets not make a big deal about it. I mean, lets just make this a small thing. What do you think?"

"That's nice George. I'll take that into consideration. Have to go, I have an important call."

:funny:

Probably happening right now.

I'm wondering how the Star Wars celebration is going to be this year. I have a feeling it will be huge and it would be cool if Disney dropped some concept art or at least something. I would be down for that. I'm sure this Celebration will be one of the bigger ones in years. Many will be hoping for Episode VII news. Where is that held?
I'm assuming where it was last year, that's where it will be.

Well I know it's not every year, and I thought in the past they moved it around. So I wonder.

It seems like it's taking place in Europe this year.

Yup. I actually made a thread about it a while back. Star Wars Celebration Europe II.

Unless something happens between now and then, I'll be going. They also announced that Ian McDiarmid will be there, so that's awesome.

Hopefully we'll get to hear something about the new movies.

"Yes George?"

"Yeah about these announcements. Lets not make a big deal about it. I mean, lets just make this a small thing. What do you think?"

"That's nice George. I'll take that into consideration. Have to go, I have an important call."

God that very disrespectful of him.

Can't some of stop your consent attacks on him.Why people can claim to be
Star Wars and always attack him Is beyond me.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to say Lucas was "joking".

Funny how George realized that he'd given too much info away and tried to backtrack with, "I won't say whether or not negotiations were successful." Oh, George. Such a big silly. Cat's already out of the bag and it's purring its ass off.

I'm pretty thrilled about the main three returning!

I really hope they get others like Denis Lawson and Billy Dee Williams

Ehhh it would be kinda cool but there is a tipping point where you can get towards more fan service then actually trying to support the story/passing the torch. You know they will have R2 and 3P0. Which is great. Maybe Chewie. I would not be against seeing Lando, but only if they can get it to fit the story, or maybe have him down the road in Episode VIII or IX. I don't want it too be too much of a reunion, rather then a part of the story and mainly passing the torch. I have a feeling Luke will be the main of all of them, and truly be like the new Obi-Wan.

No Billy Dee = straight boycott. The only black man in the galaxy still alive?

This is not his stuff anymore, and I see it as a tad disrespectful to what JJ and Kathy want to do in terms of announcing stuff. Is he going to just spurt out story tidbits next? I know he hated when things got out (I remember the outrage when Episode II's script leaked). It sounds just condescending. Like ooo they wanted to do it their way but I'm going to spoil it.

Mind you I'm fine with hearing this news, it's just seems disrespectful to the people that are now helming it, and making the decisions.
You are of course free to form your opinion, but i just dont see things the way you do :yay:

georgec: i'd love to see Wedge returning, but i highly doubt Dennis would do it :csad:

Ehhh it would be kinda cool but there is a tipping point where you can get towards more fan service then actually trying to support the story/passing the torch. You know they will have R2 and 3P0. Which is great. Maybe Chewie. I would not be against seeing Lando, but only if they can get it to fit the story, or maybe have him down the road in Episode VIII or IX. I don't want it too be too much of a reunion, rather then a part of the story and mainly passing the torch. I have a feeling Luke will be the main of all of them, and truly be like the new Obi-Wan.

I agree. Bring too many people back and it just becomes "The Star Wars Reunion Special". After Star Trek (2009) though, I have faith that JJ Abrams will handle it well.

Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia, R2 and C3PO is already a lot to deal with, but their appearances make sense. Anyone else, as you say, should be left until later films -if at all.

Actually now that I think about it I wouldnt doubt that George's "slip" was part of the plan. Think on this...JJ Abrams is the master of media subterfuge. We still dont know who the villain of STID is even after actor "slips" naming him as Khan, Gary...hell even Charlie X. It's all part of the plan.
Now we are supposed to believe that GL all of a sudden came down with a case of blabbermouthitis???? The guy who managed to keep the Vader/Anakin reveal in Empire a secret from his actors????
Riiiiiiiiiight

No Billy Dee = straight boycott. The only black man in the galaxy still alive?

There was the 'She's gonna blow' black X-Wing pilot in 'Jedi' too. But he's dead! :(

Also there was also an Asian pilot. He died too. "I'm hitttttt" (explodes)

Actually now that I think about it I wouldnt doubt that George's "slip" was part of the plan. Think on this...JJ Abrams is the master of media subterfuge. We still dont know who the villain of STID is even after actor "slips" naming him as Khan, Gary...hell even Charlie X. It's all part of the plan.
Now we are supposed to believe that GL all of a sudden came down with a case of blabbermouthitis???? The guy who managed to keep the Vader/Anakin reveal in Empire a secret from his actors????
Riiiiiiiiiight

I think George's slip was unintentional. He's at the 'I don't give an F' old man stage.

Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia, R2 and C3PO is already a lot to deal with, but their appearances make sense. Anyone else, as you say, should be left until later films -if at all.
To be honest, they could remove 3PO and i think i would be able to live with that. Man, that droid always got on my nerves lol.

You are of course free to form your opinion, but i just dont see things the way you do :yay:

Ya I have lots of good points in my opinions. ;)

Riiiiiiiiiight

That was 1980, prior to the internet among other things. And the fact these guys coming back does not equate to the giant twist of ESB. There is a difference there.

I think George's slip was unintentional. He's at the 'I don't give an F' old man stage.

Ya. It seems that way.

To be honest, they could remove 3PO and i think i would be able to live with that. Man, that droid always got on my nerves lol.

I'm pretty indifferent to C3PO so I wouldn't care if he didn't show up either, but it makes sense for him to still be in Luke and Leia's company. I'm sure he has his fans :D

It's weird and disheartening to see this some of this C3PO dislike. I hope this steams all before the Prequels (in which he was very annoying but that was due to the writing) but he was fine in the orignal trilogy. Well, maybe he was a little annoying in 'Empire' but it was tolerable.

LONG LIVE C-3PO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"