Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Oh?

If I did, do link me to it and I'll verify. God knows I've learned to judge movies better than I did nearly three years ago.

When its Sony Pictures & Tom Rothman & after the 2016 movie behind the scenes crap they lost me. Tom Rothman never really learned when he was in control of FOX & so far it looks like its the same here

Okay, understood.

So are you just gonna hang around and pointlessly rant in a thread about a movie you've already decided you're going to hate, or are you going to move on to other discussions?

I'll give the trailer a fair shot like I do any Movie Trailer. But you can not blame Ghostbusters fans for being cautious after what happened the last go around

I'll give the trailer a fair shot like I do any Movie Trailer. But you can not blame Ghostbusters fans for being cautious after what happened the last go around
Look i understand why you're cautious, but I'm not blaming GB 2016 on Rothman. That was ENTIRELY Paul Feig's fault. The guy is a vulgar, self-gender hating hack who can only write for women and no one else.

Look i understand why you're cautious, but I'm not blaming GB 2016 on Rothman. That was ENTIRELY Paul Feig's fault. The guy is a vulgar, self-gender hating hack who can only write for women and no one else.

Tom Rothman hired him & Tom Rothman joined IN on the fan bashing. Tom Rothman is just as guilty as Paul Feig in my book. Ghostbusters 2016 is more on Tom Rothman because he did not keep that cast & crew under control being their boss. Tom Rothman enabled that Cast & Crew so hes just as responsible

Last edited:
Tom Rothman hired him & Tom Rothman joined IN on the fan bashing. Tom Rothman is just as guilty as Paul Feig in my book. Ghostbusters 2016 is more on Tom Rothman because he did not keep that cast & crew under control being their boss
No, Amy Pascal hired him. The movie was partly HER idea when she was in power at Sony and Rothman didn't get hired until 2015 when the movie was well into filming. The info from the Sony Leaks confirm this. Get your facts straight. I know you have a hate ***** for Rothman. Given the guy's history, I don't blame you. But you need to know the facts first before placing ANY blame on ANYONE.

No, Amy Pascal hired him. The movie was partly HER idea when she was in power at Sony and Rothman didn't get hired until 2015 when the movie was well into filming. The info from the Sony Leaks confirm this. Get your facts straight.

I will give you that but when the time came Tom Rothman enabled that Cast & Crew & he joined in himself so hes just as responsible in the end

No, Amy Pascal hired him. The movie was partly HER idea when she was in power at Sony and Rothman didn't get hired until 2015 when the movie was well into filming. The info from the Sony Leaks confirm this. Get your facts straight. I know you have a hate ***** for Rothman. Given the guy's history, I don't blame you. But you need to know the facts first before placing ANY blame on ANYONE.

Amy may have been responsible for the movie but he was all in when he came around. So it might as well have been his idea as well

I will give you that but when the time came Tom Rothman enabled that Cast & Crew & he joined in himself so hes just as responsible in the end
The ONLY thing he MAY have enabled was Feig and McCarthy bashing fans of the older movies during publicity. That's all I can probably blame him for. I don't f-ing work for Sony so I don't KNOW! Looking at your posts from yesterday onwards, you seem to have only joined this forum just to argue with people over random crap. Move on and be nicer or LEAVE!

The ONLY thing he MAY have enabled was Feig and McCarthy bashing fans of the older movies during publicity. That's all I can probably blame him for. I don't f-ing work for Sony so I don't KNOW! Looking at your posts from yesterday onwards, you seem to have only joined this forum just to argue with people over random crap. Move on and be nicer or LEAVE!

Don't like my thoughts BLOCK ME OR IGNORE ME Im not leaving just because you told me to

Don't like my thoughts BLOCK ME OR IGNORE ME Im not leaving just because you told me to

That's not what I mean. I'm sick and TIRED of taking about how much i hate GB 2016. I otherwise LIKE Ghostbusters as a franchise! I just don't want to be making the same points about it over and over again about that damn reboot. I'm over the goddamn moon about Jason Reitman's new movie and, from the EW article, he sounds like he knows EXACTLY what to do! Plus his dad did the first 2 movies, so he knows he especially doesn't wanna disappoint him!

YOU, on the other hand, don't seem to want to give this a chance because "But Tom Rothman's the head of Sony and he's evil so this is gonna suck waaaaah". FFS, who CARES? As far as I KNOW there isn't any evidence of him directly meddling with any productions like he did at Fox! If and when there is, THEN we will call him out on it. Right now, I just wanna be hyped for a new Ghostbusters movie without some argumentative Sony hater trying to ruin everyone's fun. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK??!?

Last edited:
That's not what I mean. I'm sick and TIRED of taking about how much i hate GB 2016. I otherwise LIKE Ghostbusters as a franchise! I just don't want to be making the same points about it over and over again about that damn reboot. I'm over the goddamn moon about Jason Reitman's new movie and, from the EW article, he sounds like he knows EXACTLY what to do! Plus his dad did the first 2 movies, so he knows he especially doesn't wanna disappoint home!

YOU, on the other hand, don't seem to want to give this a chance because "But Tom Rothman's the head of Sony and he's evil so this is gonna suck waaaaah". FFS, who CARES? As far as I KNOW there isn't any evidence of him directly meddling with any productions like he did at Fox! If and when there is, THEN we will call him out on it. Right now, I just wanna be hyped for a new Ghostbusters movie without some argumentative Sony hater trying to ruin everyone's fun. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK??!?

People will have opinions different than yours. If you dont like it use the block feature other wise you yourself are escalating things because you can't block people & would rather fight someone that thinks differently

Can the bickering. Sony lover, Sony hater, whatever. If you can't be civil with your opinion, then don't post.

I'm going to backlog the last couple of pages now and read through this exchange. But regardless who started it, just end it!

There have been a number of comics built on the "franchise" idea. It's a solid approach. I doubt there will just be teenagers running around as Ghostbusters. There will more likely be older Ghostbusters mentoring teenagers as "trainees", etc.

So MIB International only with ghosts.

Jason Reitman, son of director Ivan, is to make a new film in the Ghostbusters series his father began in 1984.

"Finally got the keys to the car," said Reitman Jr in a Twitter post linking to a news article confirming the project.

The Juno director said the film would be set in the present and be "the next chapter in the original franchise".

The new film - which follows the 1984 original, 1989's Ghostbusters II and 2016's female-led reboot - is scheduled for release in summer 2020.

Reitman, who will also co-write the film with Gil Kenan, said it would not be another reboot, but would "follow the trajectory of the original film".

There will be "a lot of wonderful surprises and new characters for the audience to meet", he promised.

"I've always thought of myself as the first Ghostbusters fan, when I was a six-year-old visiting the set," the 41-year-old told Entertainment Weekly.

"I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans."

Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and the late Harold Ramis starred in the original film, which told of paranormal investigators who become freelance ghost catchers.

The 2016 film, directed by Paul Feig and starring Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig, got a lukewarm reception and made $229m (£178m) worldwide.

"I have so much respect for what Paul created with those brilliant actresses, and would love to see more stories from them," Reitman continued.

Ivan Reitman, whose other comedies include Stripes, Twins and Kindergarten Cop, said the new film represented "a passing of the torch both inside and out".

The 72-year-old told Entertainment Weekly he was "quite surprised" to learn his son wanted to continue the series, but said his ideas had left him "literally crying".

Jason Reitman's latest film, political drama The Front Runner, is currently in cinemas.

No the biggest Reitman Jr fan, but whatever, I'm in.

Ridiculous as all the "no wimminz in my Ghostbusters!" people were, that was indeed a pretty goddamn lame flick.

Kinda want them to make this one all-female too, just for the giggles, see the usual types melt down again. Just make it good this time, the vaginas weren't the issue.

They made a teaser? this time round they seem serious about getting this film off the ground. took them years to get the wheels rolling on a sequel but suddenly Sony are jumping straight into it.

I dunno how i feel about a sequel. would have loved one years ago but i dunno, i fear they left it too long.

The teaser makes me nostalgically excited, but also abit cautious.

Like mentioned, that teaser is better than the entire 2016 film.

Just give me the equivalent of this fight and we're good:

maxresdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"