• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

We've already got a person that actually cares involved with the Movie, and after the 2016 disaster I doubt the studio will repeat many of it's mistakes. I am hopeful this will actually turn into a decent Movie.

The teaser makes me nostalgically excited, but also abit cautious.

Same here.

I think it would be cool if they did a scene like Jurassic World where they stumble upon the setting of the first film, only this time they discover the Ecto and Proton packs in a abandoned building.

I kind of wish they were doing adults, cause I've stated before that Terry Crews as a Ghostbuster would be comedy gold.

That's all you need.

Good teaser. I do hope the comedy is a little more dry this time than the slapstick version in the reboot. It’s funny how the cast of the original and cast of the reboot both featured Saturday Night Live actors, and the type of comedy they brought to the movie was reflective of where SNL humor is.

I'll remain as skeptical of this as I was of Lady Ghostbusters until we get some more info

The cast was what destroyed the 2016 version for me, so I won't get excited til I hear who's involved
I'd like to see some true diversity, in terms of race, gender, and also previous filmography.. give us a couple comedic actors but also one or two who's known for more serious fare
Looking at what, for instance, Andre Brauer does on Brooklyn Nine-Nine, he's a formally trained, respected actor, but then he just f**kin' kills it as Captain Holt

and I've only seen Juno and Thank You for Smoking from Jason Reitman's filmography, so I can't judge his comedy chops at this point

Good teaser. I do hope the comedy is a little more dry this time than the slapstick version in the reboot. It’s funny how the cast of the original and cast of the reboot both featured Saturday Night Live actors, and the type of comedy they brought to the movie was reflective of where SNL humor is.

This, Definitely.
No toilet humor this time, thanks.

Well, that teaser was pretty sweet so that's one positive over Ghostbusters 2016.

Another franchise with a failed reboot, another return to the original.

What 70s-80s franchise should have another poorly made reboot next, just to have an excuse to return to the original?
Can't be Alien, cause that already suffers with awful prequels.
Terminator? They don't want to reboot that.
Predator? Nooooope
Snake Plissken story, maybe?
Harry Callahan? Clint Eastwood is too old for this, but maybe bring his son into it.
Indiana Jones is out of the question.
Nope, not Star Wars either.
Die Hard won't be it.

I will watch the new Ghostbusters movie, but if it is a third installment to the original, I wonder how will they pay homage to dear old Harold Ramis.

Comparing the opening scene of the original to the remake and the tone of the original is what I'm really hoping this sequel achieves.

Also, the bad guy needs to be an original character. No "Son of Gozer" or anything like that.

Compared to the original, the 2016 Ghostbusters looked like some sort of Nickelodeon Movie.

Holy s**t, that teaser was actually really good. All the familiar sound edit and feel. Could be something special, I'm guessing it's gonna be the children of the originals and Peter and Dana's children I would anticipate.

Compared to the original, the 2016 Ghostbusters looked like some sort of Nickelodeon Movie.
From the creators of iCarly and Game Crackers: Paranormalers! The new cooky comedy series coming to Nick This Summer!

They actually had something like that called The Troop.

They are definitely smart to cash in on the nostalgia factor this time around.

Like many, I wasn't a fan of GB 2016. I'm not getting into any of the political aftermath of it, I don't assign any ill-intent to the film, but IMO it simply just was the wrong tone and completely missed everything that made the original(s) great (I love GB2, sorry). After Ramis' passing, I had pretty much lost all hope for any sort of sequel to the originals and figured maybe it was best they left well enough alone.

However, IF Sony is intent on continuing this franchise, it was always obvious that another entry in the original continuity would always carry the most weight and have the most opportunity to capitalize on the nostalgia that is inherent with the brand at this point. That all to say that this surprise announcement and teaser is a pretty brilliant stroke of marketing. If this was announced a year ago, there would be plenty of time for cynicism to kick in (and disbelief that it would actually happen), but seeing them already commit to a release for next year with an official teaser, with the son of the director of the originals in charge and saying all the right things...they have successfully activated my hype. Like, this got me really excited.

I will say that I kind of hope this doesn't completely go the way of a "The Force Awakens" style sequel/reboot with all the familiar beats...especially because the last GB film was already essentially a remake. I 100% understand that this movie HAS to set up the younger cast to take over, but I'd really love it to really be "Ghostbusters 3", with the remaining cast members playing as much of a role as possible in passing the torch. That said, even if a TFA or Jurassic World style movie is what we end up with here-- there's still a lot of potential for fun in that concept.

There are never any guarantees with filmmaking, nevermind a comedy sequel or a 30 year later sequel to an extremely beloved franchise, but I really hope Jason Reitman is able to do his dad and the fans proud here.

Kinda looking forward to this. I'll wait and see who they get to star in this and such. I didn't mind the 16 Ghostbusters, especially the first two/thirds. The third act was a little...much.
Hopefully it returns to form.

I do think they have to keep the budget to a decent level as GB2016 was a bomb OS.

I haven't really dug too deep here, but these are my rough ideas for the type of actors they should get-

The Leader (Venkman):
A Sterling K Brown Type- Someone with acting chops who can sell the stakes and bring a bit of gravitas, but who can surprise the s*** out of audiences with their comedic abilities

The Enthusiast (Stantz):
An Amy Poehler Type- High energy comedy actress who is immensely likeable and can make the job seem like the coolest thing ever

The Techie (Spengler):
A Jameela Jamil Type- Intelligent but remarkably funny in an understated way, not constantly mugging for the camera like Kate McKinnon

The Journeyman (Zedemore):
A Paul Rudd type- An actor with range who's good at the loveable but reluctant dimwit, the everyman just doin it for a paycheck

Give Akroyd and Hudson decent roles, get Annie Potts back as the now-manager of the GBs, let Murray have his Ghost-Venkman cameo, maybe Dana Barrett and Oscar put in an appearance at the same time...idk, so many possibilities... but I certainly don't envy the casting directors

Can the black one be funny this time and not serious or a yelling loon?

Gil Kennan who’s co-writing with Reitman also directed Bill Murray in City of Embers. Perhaps that Murray relationship might have some pull.

This production is off to a good start. I'll tell you that much. I'm curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"