Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are overlooking a huge thing. If Rogue was in this, marketing would be taking advantage of her role more than slapping her on Pringles cans in Europe. Her character is a huge draw, right after Storm. She's been in all three original films. Omitting her from theatrical posters and the website and the trailers would be a HUGE omission only to depend on word of mouth that she appears in some scene stealing way.

the fact that her name is literally 6th in credits makes me think she has a role.

Nah, they have a huge cast to advertise. They've hardly even advertised Kitty and I feel like she's as big if not a bigger draw.

I think they might be lazy, and just haven't edited correctly.

Singer stated (possibly on Twitter?) that Anna would still appear in some promotional materials because deals had been struck before she was cut from the film.

That thing about promotional materials is something I don't believe because some deals that they made don't feature her and some are. It's becoming very confusing like Empire covers, that tattoo show, Pringles and Carl Jr. trading card have her but Mountain Dew and some others don't have her featured on.

For me it's interesting how many holes can be found in his comments about her being cut.

This thread with it's she's in :D/she's cut :( days.

This thread with it's she's in :D/she's cut :( days.

tumblr_n3ppo4GkwB1sig16bo1_400.gif

Isn't it fun??? :woot:

This scene looks perfect, please Bryan, make it happen:woot:
dofp_rogue_iceman_magneto.gif

Were are people getting this assumption that she is pivotal to Apocalyose? I dont understand how she ties in to him at all.

Twitter discussions between those who have read the script, including moderators of this site, if I recall correctly.

Twitter discussions between those who have read the script, including moderators of this site, if I recall correctly.

But I dont understand how it ties in to each other??:huh:

I don't believe it was ever spoiled how the two tie-in to each other. Just that they do (or maybe did).

It will be Intresting to see if they keep Xavier,Magneto,and Iceman going on jet to new York and Magneto returning to jet with rogue or they will just have
Xavier and Magneto show up at temple with Rogue so she can absorb Kitt's powers to save wolverine. Since film is suspose to be cutting back and forth during 3rd act between 1973 and 2023 they can get away with that.

Rogue could also be seen in altered 2023 along with others when wolverine awakes Including possable cameos by James marsden,Famke Janssen,Kelsey Grammer,and Rebecca Romijn

So, from what I gathered is that
1. The X-Men needed to locate and rescue Rogue to continue the mission by borrowing Kitty's powers, which at first I thought it was a messed up thing. "Hey Rogue, we're here because we need your powers, not because we care about you . . ."
2. Then other rumors stated that Magneto and Bobby had intentions to go to the mansion and obtain something they needed (Cerebro?) and by coincidence Rogue was there and rescued her.
3. So what if Bryan cuts Rogue's rescue scene and like marvelrobbins said, Magneto, Charles and Bobby leave with the X-Jet and come back with Rogue, and still continue with the whole "Rogue saving Wolverine". I cant remember which video, but in one of behind the scenes video, Charles tells Erik that they need "more time" I thought of two things that can happen.
A.) Charles tells Erik that Kitty and Logan need more time. So Charles instructs Erik and Bobby to go to the mansion/concentration camp and recruit Cerebro or what ever the needed to continue the mission. Scenes pass by, then Erik and Bobby come back to the Jet while Charles is waiting for them on the pilot's seat with Erik telling him, "My friend we couldn't find what you were looking for but I found something better," or something like that then Erik and Charles turn around and the audiences sees ROGUE walking into the Jet. (The fans would love that).
Orrrrr
B.) Erik and Charles and Bobby rescue Rogue from the concentration camp and recruit whatever they were looking for in the first place. They bring Rogue to the temple where she can feel safe. Kitty starts to feel weak and states she can't continue the mission. Then Magneto says something like, "If only there was another mutant that could have the same powers as you . . . ." Then Charles and Erik slowly look back at Rogue, hinting that she needs to borrow Kitty's power to finish the mission. (I think this will play off better because Rogue will not be seen as an object the X-Men are using to benefit them, but more like "Kitty cant continue the mission, do you think you can step in and finish the mission?")
What do you guys think? :-) DON'T ATTACK ME! it's just me wondering "what if"

Last edited:
This scene looks perfect, please Bryan, make it happen:woot:
dofp_rogue_iceman_magneto.gif

This was the only thing I loved about Trailer #1, and was looking forward to see in the film, then the whole Rogue cut/uncut/cameo thing happen and now I'm like :argh:

From trailer #1!! Lol, I loved everything about trailer #2 :-)

So, from what I gathered is that
1. The X-Men needed to locate and rescue Rogue to continue the mission by borrowing Kitty's powers, which at first I thought it was a messed up thing. "Hey Rogue, we're here because we need your powers, not because we care about you . . ."
2. Then other rumors stated that Magneto and Bobby had intentions to go to the mansion and obtain something they needed (Cerebro?) and by coincidence Rogue was there and rescued her.
3. So what if Bryan cuts Rogue's rescue scene and like marvelrobbins said, Magneto, Charles and Bobby leave with the X-Jet and come back with Rogue, and still continue with the whole "Rogue saving Wolverine". I cant remember which video, but in one of behind the scenes video, Charles tells Erik that they need "more time" I thought of two things that can happen.
A.) Charles tells Erik that Kitty and Logan need more time. So Charles instructs Erik and Bobby to go to the mansion/concentration camp and recruit Cerebro or what ever the needed to continue the mission. Scenes pass by, then Erik and Bobby come back to the Jet while Charles is waiting for them on the pilot's seat with Erik telling him, "My friend we couldn't find what you were looking for but I found something better," or something like that then Erik and Charles turn around and the audiences sees ROGUE walking into the Jet. (The fans would love that).
Orrrrr
B.) Erik and Charles and Bobby rescue Rogue from the concentration camp and recruit whatever they were looking for in the first place. They bring Rogue to the temple where she can feel safe. Kitty starts to feel weak and states she can't continue the mission. Then Magneto says something like, "If only there was another mutant that could have the same powers as you . . . ." Then Charles and Erik slowly look back at Rogue, hinting that she needs to borrow Kitty's power to finish the mission. (I think this will play off better because Rogue will not be seen as an object the X-Men are using to benefit them, but more like "Kitty cant continue the mission, do you think you can step in and finish the mission?")
What do you guys think? :-) DON'T ATTACK ME! it's just me wondering "what if"

The most realistic thing is that she
will be in alternate future as a cameo
BUT why shoot all those scenes : espace one, jet one and the most important temple one just so you can throw all those and reshoot it
without her and change the ending of the movie completely (judging by those spoilers we got).

I am all about the possible poetic scenes so for me I could see Xavier asking magneto to go with Iceman to get Cerebro to help the process (the only possible way I could see it being cerebro is if Xavier needs it to go onto the astral plane or something to also phase through time and aid kitty because so far it doesnt even look like he is involved in sending logan back if kitty can already do it by herself (the bishop bit) otherwise what else would they need from the mansion) and whilst there, they find rogue (obvious moment for Iceman and her and Magneto showing/feeling guilt/anger that she is being kept prisoner for her powers (it would be a nod to x1 through him doing exactly that to her, but also the obvious seeing another mutant go through what he did when he was younger) - THIS IS WHY I HOPE ITS IN THE FILM!
So yeah back to my point. They get back but I assume Iceman may be Iced at this point and Magneto apologizes and asks rogue to help, she saves Logan and its like X1 all over again but reversed. That would be so awesome. Then at the end we see Rogue flying with Storm fighting whatever wants to be fought in a post creds scene :D

THIS IS WHY I HOPE ITS IN THE FILM!
So yeah back to my point. They get back but I assume Iceman may be Iced at this point and Magneto apologizes and asks rogue to help, she saves Logan and its like X1 all over again but reversed. That would be so awesome. Then at the end we see Rogue flying with Storm fighting whatever wants to be fought in a post creds scene :D

Given what we have heard that's unlikely to happen, if she appears at the ends its likely just a few nice words with Logan at the school and but the mid credit will be a set up for apocalypse

I can see singer wanting to show the school is content, the pupils are happy ect ect, rather then wanting to say look rogues flying and storms flying ain't this an awesome ending fans!!! Wait how is rogue flying? It doesn't matter its awweeesommmee

Last edited:
Given what we have heard that's unlikely to happen, if she appears at the ends its likely just a few nice words with Logan at the school and then the mid credit will be a set up for apocalypse

I can see singer wanting to show the school is content, the pupils are happy ect ect, rather then wanting to say look rogues flying and storms flying ain't this an awesome ending fans!!! Wait how is rogue flying? It doesn't matter its awweeesommmee

Is she going to be in the mid credit scene??? :wow:

Is she going to be in the mid credit scene??? :wow:

Well Given what we know about about the next film probably not :/

my apologies if you thought thats what i was getting at though when i mentioned the End Credit scene

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"