Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of this happened like the comic con and possibly the shooting of the empire cover and layout before he actually cut her. Im sure he didnt bring her into the movie just to cut but the scene she was in he said slowed down the pace of the movie. I dont quite understand why people are thinking Singer is trying to piss people off by cutting her. She was cut once they starting editing the film.

I know she was cut after the cover was arranged and the Comic Con appearance and the trailer. My point was that I don't think Singer is lying about cutting her in the hopes of surprising anyone, because after all that publicity it could hardly be a surprise. If he was concerned with wowing Rogue fans, he could have never told anyone she was involved to begin with.

I know she was cut after the cover was arranged and the Comic Con appearance and the trailer. My point was that I don't think Singer is lying about cutting her in the hopes of surprising anyone, because after all that publicity it could hardly be a surprise. If he was concerned with wowing Rogue fans, he could have never told anyone she was involved to begin with.
Im sorry im not following what your saying at all. Are you saying to not say she was involved in all and just let fans come in and be surprised. If that is your case it still dosent make much sense he didnt hire her knowing flat out he would have to cut her scenes when he asked her to return he thought the scenes would work out fine, but unfortunately it didnt work out that way.

Im sorry im not following what your saying at all. Are you saying to not say she was involved in all and just let fans come in and be surprised. If that is your case it still dosent make much sense he didnt hire her knowing flat out he would have to cut her scenes when he asked her to return he thought the scenes would work out fine, but unfortunately it didnt work out that way.

I don't think I ever mentioned or suggested that Singer knew he would eventually cut Rogue's scenes, so I'm not sure where you got that idea.

Another poster suggested that Singer lied about cutting the scenes so we are surprised when Rogue turns up in the film. My point was that if he wanted to surprise the audience, I think he would have made sure Rogue was a secret the whole time. I don't think he would tell us she came back, then decide "I shouldn't have told them" and lie about cutting her from the film. I don't think he's trying to surprise us about her.

She was very stubborn.
Professor X even explains it's mutation in the intro to the movie. Did she look like this:
tumblr_m3uw6mHMpB1rtkcfno1_400.gif

:hmm

I don't think I ever mentioned or suggested that Singer knew he would eventually cut Rogue's scenes, so I'm not sure where you got that idea.

Another poster suggested that Singer lied about cutting the scenes so we are surprised when Rogue turns up in the film. My point was that if he wanted to surprise the audience, I think he would have made sure Rogue was a secret the whole time. I don't think he would tell us she came back, then decide "I shouldn't have told them" and lie about cutting her from the film. I don't think he's trying to surprise us about her.

Yeah I highly doubt he's deliberately lied to create a surprise. He's put a statement out to dampen expectations, it seems counter-intuitive to use that to create more expectations.

I was confused greatly by your comment thats why I asked what you meant, but I feel we are on the same page.

I agree but remember he announced Paquin in the same tweet as Page and Ashmore. Its possible he got them all at once and was overly excited before realizing how he should market the film. That's my theory at least.

I have been a "Rogue is cut" kinda guy from day one of the announcement, but I dunno, something is constantly making me feel this actually is all a big ruse to make us think she isnt. Plus It would be so cool to see her walk into shot during the final temple thing where kitty is almost out, kill kitty (as a necessity obviously) and save the day. just the same way that logan saved her. I mean how poetic!

^^^i would just go ape s*** if that happened. Probably pass out or something.

I have been a "Rogue is cut" kinda guy from day one of the announcement, but I dunno, something is constantly making me feel this actually is all a big ruse to make us think she isnt. Plus It would be so cool to see her walk into shot during the final temple thing where kitty is almost out, kill kitty (as a necessity obviously) and save the day. just the same way that logan saved her. I mean how poetic!

I think the thing that makes me question her absence most of all is her reported
seemingly unavoidable tie-in to Apocalypse.

Rogue is important y'all will see
Apocalypse

Umm, the official website has updated a bit and added both Lucas Till and Evan Jongkeit to the list, but not Anna.

That's old news, twas updated like 2 weeks ago.

Well I'm starting to think her role has changed completely and the bit I read is really the "doesn't mean you won't see her" tidbit Bryan was talking about. Oh well, cant wait to see those other scenes on the DVD.

Umm, the official website has updated a bit and added both Lucas Till and Evan Jongkeit to the list, but not Anna.

I didn't know that. But thanks for sharing.

In my opinion, if Rogue is already included in the merchandizes, why leave her off in the official posters and official websites? They still have her name on the billing and she would probably appear in the movie even if its just 1 scene, might as well go with it.

I think Singer is trying to make us forget about her and move on, but I think she will have the same role as suspected. He just doesn't want us to think she is in the movie just people her rescue scene is cut. They could show Iceman and Mags shocked to find her "Rogue?"
Then cut to a new scene, then cut back on the jet. I'm positive she is more than a cameo

They could edit it and have added new scenes that show she was there from the beginning of the movie but she had gotten rescued from an internment camp off screen right before the movie began. From the looks of it I think he wanted to focus a bit more on the past because it's supposed to be a sequel to the first class and the future characters were over populating the screen time so he took out her rescue scene.

They could edit it and have added new scenes that show she was there from the beginning of the movie but she had gotten rescued from an internment camp off screen right before the movie began. From the looks of it I think he wanted to focus a bit more on the past because it's supposed to be a sequel to the first class and the future characters were over populating the screen time so he took out her rescue scene.

I don't think it's that, as such. More than likely the future section seemed too 'busy' with the Rogue rescue subplot on top of the Wolverine time-travel plot that binds past and future together. It probably felt like a distraction from the core of the story.

At least it will be on the DVD/Blu-ray.

Apart from what happens at end of film the big question Is will Rogue appear In film. Anna included in credits of full trailer and the you may see her in film backtracking comments riases possibilty of her In film.

They may have dropped her being rescured sub-plot and keep her being In temple. Or we might only see Rogue In ending of film.

I think the Rescue Scene is definitely cut. We'll probably only have the "Rogue saves Wolverine" scene because it certainly seems they are keeping that piece of the film intact. I am glad they are keeping that because I think that will be pivotal to the movie.

I think the Rescue Scene is definitely cut. We'll probably only have the "Rogue saves Wolverine" scene because it certainly seems they are keeping that piece of the film intact. I am glad they are keeping that because I think that will be pivotal to the movie.

It will be Intresting to see if they keep Xavier,Magneto,and Iceman going on jet to new York and Magneto returning to jet with rogue or they will just have
Xavier and Magneto show up at temple with Rogue so she can absorb Kitt's powers to save wolverine. Since film is suspose to be cutting back and forth during 3rd act between 1973 and 2023 they can get away with that.

Rogue could also be seen in altered 2023 along with others when wolverine awakes Including possable cameos by James marsden,Famke Janssen,Kelsey Grammer,and Rebecca Romijn

I mean my only question is if Anna is cut are they allowed to use her in some of the promotion? Wouldn't that be major false advertisement if we truly only see her for cameo? I mean at first I thought they're probably only putting her in some of the UK promotion but not here in the US, but she has her own trading card in the new line for Carls Jr. toys.http://www.carlscoolkids.com/dvd_pop.html

she probably is in the film but they must have rescricted the marketing down on her for a reason, i still have my doubts its because they want to trick people into thinking she ain't in it, its way to late for that

I mean my only question is if Anna is cut are they allowed to use her in some of the promotion? Wouldn't that be major false advertisement if we truly only see her for cameo? I mean at first I thought they're probably only putting her in some of the UK promotion but not here in the US, but she has her own trading card in the new line for Carls Jr. toys.http://www.carlscoolkids.com/dvd_pop.html

Emphasis mine. I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed; I mean, I don't think you could sue them for false advertising. They advertised X3 with James Marsden in an X-suit that he never wore in the film and that was actually on the main poster.

Singer stated (possibly on Twitter?) that Anna would still appear in some promotional materials because deals had been struck before she was cut from the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"