• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she'll be in an extended DVD/Blu Ray edition, but still. It's kind of funny she'll be on newsstands, maybe even in a cardboard cutout or poster at theaters...and then people will walk out and see it and think "Did I miss something???"

I can just imagine people outside of the theater saying "oh why didn't I see that girl?" after they watched the movie.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2014/...-but-appears-on-promotional-magazine-cov.html

It's almost as if they're rubbing salt in an open wound. Though director Bryan Singer has confirmed that Anna Paquin was cut from "X-Men: Days of Future Past," she still appears on a collectible Empire magazine cover for the movie.

The "True Blood" star is in character as Rogue on the cover, one of 25 being released for the movie. When asked if that means she'll be appearing after all, the magazine tweets, "For those asking if our Rogue cover means Rogue is in the movie, a definitive statement from Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg is in the issue."

Don't get your hopes up, though. Rogue was only set to appear in one scene in the film and it "had to go," according to Singer. Chances are promotional materials for "Days of Future Past" were set long before the movie's editing process was done.

Sigh. They could always change or remove something from the promotional materials and they didn't choose to cancel Rogue's Empire Magazine cover. When Bryan Singer announced that Rogue was cut, did Empire already printed out the cover featuring Rogue?

Anyway, I'm still happy that even if she might not appear in the film, at least we already got another photo of Rogue.

I'm in two mind over the rogue cover ! I really like the picture but it also feels wrong as she isn't going to be in the movie. It's almost false advertisement

Sigh. They could always change or remove something from the promotional materials and they didn't choose to cancel Rogue's Empire Magazine cover. When Bryan Singer announced that Rogue was cut, did Empire already printed out the cover featuring Rogue?

I'm sure there are contracts involved, let alone the 25 covers for the 25th anniversary of Empire Magazine.

I, for one, am glad to see her. She put the work in, as a fan it's nice to see her in character. No salt in the wound, that implies some sort of malice behind it.

You are right, i see both sides but...I'm of the opinion they could have scrapped the cover if they wanted to. Yes, obviously these were probably bought months back but Fox could have gave them a refund.

While im glad we got a cover for Rogue...It is really misleading so i can see the point those people are making in this thread. But even if it is malicious...I'm glad we at least got it.

Seeing her on the cover is bittersweet. For me, that's the best and closest to the comics version of Rogue I've seen. She was the character I was looking forward to seeing the most, and with the lack of females in this film Singer has disappointed me by cutting her.

My problem with Singer as a directer for the X-Men films has always been his lack of attention to the females, apart from Mystique they've all been presented fairly weak. I was hoping he'd not only write Rogue into this one, but give her some of the strength we know and love from the comics.

Massively disappointed.

tumblr_lm68v0eOGs1qebf0g.gif

The fact that you've now posted that twice has shown that at the very least you're deluded enough in thinking that this is in anyway acceptable behavior, let alone your "job". You should be embarrassed. Harassing the director until he's moved to block you. If you think any reasonable person here is going to applaud you for your boasting, you'd be wrong.

My job is done!!

Wait, what did you do?
Forget it, I read the thread.
You do realize that if there was a lingering shred of a chance he would re-edit the film to include Rogue, you may have killed that chance, right?

I feel sorry for B.Singer, some people say really cruel things about him. It sucks that Rougue, is cut from the movie. But save the critique until after you've seen the movie.

Wait, what did you do?
Forget it, I read the thread.
You do realize that if there was a lingering shred of a chance he would re-edit the film to include Rogue, you may have killed that chance, right?

LOL. If you think a fan is going to change what a director will do...then I don't know what to tell you. If you think i tweeted him my opinions of him based on thinking he will put Rogue back in...Nope. He made his mind up. If a Director or Word of God or Writer makes decisions based on fan reaction. They are not very wise. So don't you dare play this card.

The fact that you've now posted that twice has shown that at the very least you're deluded enough in thinking that this is in anyway acceptable behavior, let alone your "job". You should be embarrassed. Harassing the director until he's moved to block you. If you think any reasonable person here is going to applaud you for your boasting, you'd be wrong.

Nope, not the reason i posted it. I'm comfortable in my own skin. Don't need anybody to agree with my actions. I didn't break any laws. Stated my opinions that Singer obviously didn't like so he blocked me. He's thin skinned. That's all.

Last edited:
You've whined and moaned enough to make people actively try to ignore you

2837350-the_very_best_of_the_success_kid_meme_success_s513x339_302066_580.jpeg

Harassing singer won't do anything, it's no wonder you was blocked

Last edited:
"Oh no our hands are tied and we were just FORCED to put out a magazine cover that falsely advertises the much-anticipated return of a major character within this franchise as played by her original actress! We are so sad to have misled you!" I'm not buying that one bit. They could have changed the cover to feature a different character if they had a specific number of covers to reach. Hell, slap a photo of a park bench on there for all I care, as long as it actually appears in the film. I'm sure it's just a huge coincidence that Fox benefits so greatly from this false advertisement.

I'm feeling really sad about this movie.
No Cyclops, no Jean, no Rogue ...ok 3 of the basic members of X-men are out....
...the biggest ever superhero movie they said :csad:

I'm feeling really sad about this movie.
No Cyclops, no Jean, no Rogue ...ok 3 of the basic members of X-men are out....
...the biggest ever superhero movie they said :csad:

well truth be told they weren't in the original comic no way except for; Storm, Kitty, Logan, Colossus, & Magneto.

I'd say Charles is taking Rachel's place and Iceman is taking Franklin Richards place.

I believe the new mutants are small roles, but essential to the time travel plot just to expand the mutant universe and show what a state of emergency they're in.

SO if Rogue does get mentioned either she was killed or apprehended in the mutant detention camps and now that I think about it, the future part of the movie should just focus on the time travel mission and whatever else they have to do.

The Elton John AIDS Foundation (EJAF) will present its 22nd annual Academy Awards Viewing Party on Sunday, March 2, 2014 at West Hollywood Park in Los Angeles. Sir Elton John and David Furnish will host the gala event sponsored by the Foundation's generous corporate friends Chopard, Neuro Drinks and Wells Fargo. Chef Gordon Ramsay will once again prepare the sumptuous dinner for Party guests to enjoy while watching a live telecast of the 86th Academy Awards. Following dinner and an exciting live auction, a special musical guest will take the stage to perform, and DJ Johnny Dynell will spin tunes for guests to dance the night away.

The Foundation's Academy Awards Viewing Party is the most highly visible and successful fund-raising event in Hollywood on Oscar night. Over the past 22 years, this annual event has raised nearly $40 million, thanks to the generosity of EJAF's supporters. These funds help the Foundation to support a wide range of initiatives, including direct treatment, care, and support services for people living with HIV/AIDS in marginalized communities, such as among young gay black men; providing injection drug users with clean needles to prevent HIV infection and transmission; and sexual health education for young people in America who are most at risk.

Audi and MAC Viva Glam have partnered with EJAF as the evening's generous Co-Sponsors. The Foundation is especially grateful to the City of West Hollywood for continued collaboration with EJAF on shared goals. American Airlines is EJAF's official sponsoring airline.
This year's event co-chairs are Bill and Tani Austin, Johnny and Edwina Barbis, Joseph W. Blount, Jim Carrey, Chris Colfer, John Demsey, Judi Dench, Greg Gorman, Tim Hanlon and Anthony Klatt, Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka, Diana Jenkins, Quincy Jones, Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, Billie Jean King and Ilana Kloss, Heidi Klum, Ryan Kwanten, Fred Latsko, Shelley Lazar, Sandra Lee, Jared Leto, Andra Liemandt, Eric and Janet McCormack, Joseph A. McMillan, Jr., Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne, Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer, Katy Perry, Tyler Perry, Pablo and Nathalie Salame, Caroline Scheufele, Bryan Singer, Sharon Stone, Steve Tisch, Steven Tyler, and John Waters.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...d-neuro-drinks-and-wells-fargo-242372771.html

:hubba Bryan Singer and Anna Paquin are going to co-chair this year Elton John AIDS Foundation 22nd Annual Academy Awards Viewing Party. Please Hollywood press, if there're just one of you smart enough to see the potential of this, ask for an acreditation.

Sadly this means Anna is not going to present an Oscar on the 20 anniversary of her winning :csad:

Last edited:
So when we gonna hear if Rogue has been cut or not ?

Cause according to empire we will hear soon ????

its gonna be mentioned in Empire magazine

which to me sounds like just an explanation more then an announcement, because singer has been hush hush on it and when it was announced she was cut it was on a website but this is more a smaller scale guilty whisper into Empire's ear

We've already heard she's been cut--when Bryan Singer announced it. Empire magazine just put that little tease to take advantage of the marketing that uses a cut character and to get people to buy the issue to see "once and for all" what's really going on.

She's cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"