Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay thank you.

What do you think.

Will she be completly out it not ?

I dont know what to think at this point.
I trust the director when he says she is cut.
But on another hand it makes no sense at all to have her in promotional stuff because that would be misleading.

One Side says he could be lying and she is in cause people also read the script and she would have a great role.
There are no comments from Anna's side about the cut.

Another Side says that he would not be lying and she is cut and should move on.

We've already heard she's been cut--when Bryan Singer announced it. Empire magazine just put that little tease to take advantage of the marketing that uses a cut character and to get people to buy the issue to see "once and for all" what's really going on.

She's cut.

How do you know for sure ?

You talked to Empire or maybe even Bryan Singer himself ?

hmm... remind me did the trailer come out before the FC cast finished filming?, ellen page went back to film some stuff at the end so its possible she took rogues scene

jackman was also there i believe

hmm... remind me did the trailer come out before the FC cast finished filming?, ellen page went back to film some stuff at the end so its possible she took rogues scene

jackman was also there i believe

Maybe Anna came back to reshoot some stuff to ?
It is not like Anna had a tight scedule

Maybe Anna came back to reshoot some stuff to ?
It is not like Anna had a tight scedule

Singer said she is cut, if she wasn't and had done some reshoots he wouldn't have said she was cut

And it was just Page and jackman who went back from what we know just before they wrapped

Okay thanks.

But i will wait till thursday untill we know what is in empire.

Cause There are a lot of mixed signals and a lot of rumours

On one hand, the fact that they featured her front and centre on a cover makes me think, hmm, maybe she is still a part of this.

On the other, the shot of Storm looks very much like it happened at the same photoshoot that Singer took an instagram snapshot of waaaaaay back like many months ago. So the likelihood is Anna's pic was taken looooong time ago, and the design of this spread was already settled before she was cut.

Then again, they could easily have replaced her with someone like Misty Knight.

But Singer did say that Rogue would still appear in promo materials that were already in the pipeline before her scenes were cut.

But then these directors have always done things in the past to not spoil the ending, like actually film 2 different endings (X3). Do photoshoots that show a different ending (Jean at the Whitehouse), and…

… keep in mind that when a fan asked Singer if Jean was in the movie, he apparently outright said "no", but people on this forum still believe that she's going to be in it. So if those people who believe Jean is still in it despite that the director said "No", she's not in it, then can they really ridicule the people who think Rogue might still be in it?

So although I was convinced she was cut, I'm now more like 75% convinced she is cut, leaving 25% room for uncertainty.

People who have read the script say she is a big character in the future scenes.

She has her own promo cover.

Singer said the scène was cut but history tells us directors lie often to keep something a secret.

Anna Paquin never said anything about her being cut.

Anna Paquin stated in a comment she could not reveal anything about her role cause it is hush hush.

She is a major character in the movies even if her scenes are limited.

They edited the trailer and a couple of days later she is cut. That makes no sense.

It is misleading to give her a cover when she could easily be replaced.

More actors have shot scenes we did not no anything about.

Id she is cut i would be bummed. But then I will wait till the dvd release and see Rogue her glorius moments.

I'm really confused by Empire and Fox's marketing plan here. The average consumer who runs across this issue on newsstands and picks it up because she's on the cover is going to be upset to read the article only to find out she's not in it. I'd be like, WTH? And I'd be going back to that newsstand to get my money back.

Last edited:
Also, remember when Singer was saying that he did not want to talk about Rogue to giveaway how she enters the movie?

That alone suggests that her role was meant to have an element of surprise, and therefore there was a need for secrecy surrounding her role. This would mean that even if it was a small role, it had significance.

Even if she was cut in the end, there was an intention for her role to be important in some way.

And again, I reiterate: he explicitly confirmed that Jean and Scott are not in the movie. Yet everybody is convinced they are in the movie. I don't see why that is more believable than Rogue still being in the movie, especially since she has her own cover.

This is not to say that I believe she is still in, but it's not unreasonable to still feel uncertain about it to some extent.

Also, Rogue fans are not being more unreasonable than Jean & Scott fans who think they are still in the movie even after he said they were not.

So unless you've read the script of have some inside info, it's probably not fair to be more critical of Rogue fans speculating that she's still in than you are of Jean & Scott fans who act like they're in for sure. At least be equally as critical.

Also, remember when Singer was saying that he did not want to talk about Rogue to giveaway how she enters the movie?

That alone suggests that her role was meant to have an element of surprise, and therefore there was a need for secrecy surrounding her role. This would mean that even if it was a small role, it had significance.

Even if she was cut in the end, there was an intention for her role to be important in some way.

And again, I reiterate: he explicitly confirmed that Jean and Scott are not in the movie. Yet everybody is convinced they are in the movie. I don't see why that is more believable than Rogue still being in the movie, especially since she has her own cover.

This is not to say that I believe she is still in, but it's not unreasonable to still feel uncertain about it to some extent.

Also, Rogue fans are not being more unreasonable than Jean & Scott fans who think they are still in the movie even after he said they were not.

So unless you've read the script of have some inside info, it's probably not fair to be more critical of Rogue fans speculating that she's still in than you are of Jean & Scott fans who act like they're in for sure. At least be equally as critical.

This!!

Thank you :D

its very possible singer wasn't sure for a while if he was gonna cut rogue

if singer lied, the magazine cover would contradict it so it would be pointless, singer hasn't spoke out about it, he didn't post the picture on twitter he pretty much has kept away from it, now if he lied it would be creating alot of crap then if he told the truth that she is involved, so its very doubtful its a lie

its very possible singer wasn't sure for a while if he was gonna cut rogue

if singer lied, the magazine cover would contradict it so it would be pointless, singer hasn't spoke out about it, he didn't post the picture on twitter he pretty much has kept away from it, now if he lied it would be creating alot of crap then if he told the truth that she is involved, so its very doubtful its a lie

He did not post everyone :s it is not only Rogue he didnt tweet. So that makes no sense you say that. Maybe she is cut. But us Rogue fans still have hope. And it is not strange we have hope cause of the ones who read the script and thanks to poor marketing.

PhoenixRogue is right about the twitter thing.

The fact that Singer did not post a twitter pic of Rogue is not an indication that he had plans to cut Rogue. Those came out many months before the trailer was put together, and he made the decision to include glimpses of her in the trailer. If anything, the fact that he did not post a twitter pic of Rogue even further suggests the need for secrecy around her position.

If later he decided to cut her, that is fine. But the twitter pics that came way before most of the scenes were filmed, and long before the trailer (in which Rogue was featured), cannot be used as proof that he was considering cutting her role. It was just more evidence that he was trying to keep her role unspoiled.

But if her role is such a secret, why show her in her prison outfit and explain the scene that was cut involved a rescue with Iceman and Magneto? But it did seem the whole internet knew her role already so maybe he's really playing the long con.

It was just more evidence that he was trying to keep her role unspoiled.

so he lied to not spoil her role but in the long run may have spoilt her role because people get talking and investigative over her cut, infact we probably know more since her cut.

you see lying does nothing but create more trouble, and it would be kinda childish of singer to lie and continue to lie like a little kid when evidence pops up and he is like eh no i didn't lie, then some start giving him abuse and he blocks them

truth is if we was right and rogue was the one needed to bring logan back by taking kittys powers and that was her big important role that she ws needed for then it leaves the option of... why not just have kitty do it with her own powers like someone suggested on twitter when they said she would likely have a bigger role because of rogues back

and my mistake i thought cast and singer were taking in turns posting them

Yeah he told us the scene, why would he tell us the scene if it's supposed to be a secret? The only thing I think of is that the only people who would be interested in the details of the scene already knew the details of the scene because we all figured it out already. Which we did...but its so stupid to do this after the fact that we already knew she was in and blah blah. It's just a mess. I bet she might appear in an altered future.

Yeah he told us the scene, why would he tell us the scene if it's supposed to be a secret? The only thing I think of is that the only people who would be interested in the details of the scene already knew the details of the scene because we all figured it out already. Which we did...but its so stupid to do this after the fact that we already knew she was in and blah blah. It's just a mess. I think its like 99% that she's cut with a 1% it's all a ruse. Because there's always room for anything. I bet she might appear in an altered future.

you can't stop fans speculation, we knew she may bring logan back and that iceman and magneto save her or we assumed that and it automatically become fact as these things do on forums, but thats all that was specuated, casual audience didn't know anything and even now he made it loads worse if he did lie, fans are looking alot harder into it now

Yeah so it's a done deal. I just don't see why they didn't reshoot around her being in the film. Unless it had to do with Anna not wanting to return at all and they figured **** it.

We knew the fan speculation was going to happen when this cover was unveiled. It's a repeating cycle, which is..whatever. But none of the speculation holds any weight against this:

“Through the editing process, the sequence became extraneous,” explains Singer. “It’s a really good sequence and it will probably end up on the DVD so people can see it. But like many things in the editing process, it was an embarrassment of riches and it was just one of the things that had to go. Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in. Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it.”

Singer, who is still editing the film in advance of its release on May 23, 2014, has already broken the news to Paquin. “She completely understood,” he says. “It’s very disappointing, but she’s very professional and she knows that stuff happens, particularly with material you shoot early on in production. Films evolve.”

Source

Everything else, is wishful thinking from fans. Unless we hear something otherwise.

There was apparently supposed to be more to her role than just the replacing Kitty thing. That was how she would be introduced, but apparently there was more spoilery stuff. Like we knew there would be future Sentinels, but nobody really expected this cover. It wasn't just about "Yeah, we know there are Sentinels and they hunt mutants".

Seriously, maybe she was just cut for the exact reason that he stated. It just looked the film had too much going on.

There was apparently supposed to be more to her role than just the replacing Kitty thing. That was how she would be introduced, but apparently there was more spoilery stuff. Like we knew there would be future Sentinels, but nobody really expected this cover. It wasn't just about "Yeah, we know there are Sentinels and they hunt mutants".

Seriously, maybe she was just cut for the exact reason that he stated. It just looked the film had too much going on.

And all that spoilery stuff, supposedly came from an early draft of a script if I'm not mistaken. As far as Bryan says, she had one sequence (the rescue) that ended up being superfluous. And the removal of it saw the removal of Rogue in her entirety.

I'm still hoping for a Rogue cameo, Rebecca Romjin made a cameo on First Class, if they shot an extensive sequence of Rogue, I wanna at least see her face in the movie, I don't know how much that would affect her paycheck in regards to Home Video sales and stuff and if FOX has to pay, but come on, make it so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"