Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, xDOFPx, you don't have to think Rogan is a possibility. As someone who loves the Rogue and Wolverine relationship for what it is...don't degrade what they have by comparing it to a kitty and logan danger room scene. It's may not be romantic feelings between Rogan but it's more than just a fight scene. I know you are likely just trying to make a point and going to an extreme...saying...theres a more likely chance Pigs will fly then a Rogan romance. But don't degrade there relationship just cause you don't like that some people may read to much into things.

Rogue and Wolverine have a special relationship. May not be romance ever but it is special.

It is on the same level when it comes to romantic possibility. None of them are a realistic prospect.

Oh, I recognize Rogue and Wolverine will never be a canon ship in the movies. With the comics...who knows...with all the crazy stuff that has happened in the comics recently.

But I love what there relationship is. Father/Daughter or Brother/Sister. Whatever it's still special. That's even with Romance out of the picture.

For the poster who said Wolverine was mostly a loner...I saw the list of wolverine love interests or near misses through the years and it was interesting. Even taking out the ones that have never happened. Still quite a bit. This list was last edited September 2012. So whatevers happened in the comics or movies since then has not been included. Rogue is in the Near Misses section.

Rogue - Friends and brief declaration of feelings (under mind alteration). Yet to develop more. (X-Men)

----

Unnamed migrant worker from Sonora Mexico - Wolverine's first time (Weapon X)
Silver Fox - Girlfriend first real love we know about (First in Wolverine 10) *Dead*
Janet – Girlfriend killed by Cyber pre WWI (Marvel Comic Presents/Blood Hungry) *Dead*
Mystique - Dated or were together in the past. Indications that they continued a semi-relationship (Wolverine Get Mystique)
Seraph - Not sure how far this went but considering recent facts he fell for her and she was manipulating him... Confirmed as an exe.(Wolverine Origins Annual) *Dead*
Mary McKenna - Relationship back in the 30s, love confirmed in brief conversation. (Uncanny X-Men)
Catharine - Confirmed girlfriend during WWII. (I heart Marvel: My Mutant Heart) *Dead*
Atsuko – Lover at the end of WWII (Wolverine: Logan) *Dead*
Rita Hayworth - Brief interlude in a bathroom. (Wolverine/Hercules: Myths, Monsters & Mutants)
Abilene - One night stand in Chicago sometime after WWII - (WWH: Capt. America vs Wolverine)
Rose Carling - Long time off and on relationship as part of LL&L (Wolverine)
Lin Sun - Girlfriend back in the 50s in San Francisco. (Manifest Destiny)
Itsu – Wife and mother of Daken. (Wolverine/Wolverine: Origins) *Dead*
Katrina McCann - One night stand back in the 60s (Under the Boardwalk)
Cracklin' Rosa - Bar owner, sometime companion. (Classic X-Men)
Charlemagne - Fellow spy and lover (Spider Man vs Wolverine) *Dead*
Domino – friend and lover (New X-Men Annual)
Carol Danvers - close friend and fellow agent, strongly hinted there was more after she was captured by KGB *Confirmed more then friends* (Marvel Fanfare 14, Uncanny, Wolverine, etc.)
The Native – relationship after Wolverine escaped Weapon X (Wolverine) *Dead*
Narya (Snowbird) – Brief relationship (inferred from UXM 140)
Ai Chia Wong - Girlfriend during his time in China. Breaks up with him after he kills her father's murderer (Wolverine) *Dead*
Mariko Yashida – Girlfriend and fiancée (Uncanny X-Men) *Dead*
Yukio – Friend and lover (Wolverine LS)
Gahck – Lover in the Savage Land, has his son (Jungle Adventure)
Tyger Tiger – Friend and lover (Marvel Comic Presents/Blood Hungry)
Lynx – Lover in Nancy Rushman personality and ‘mate’ (Marvel Comics Presents)
Typhoid Mary (Mary Walker) – Friend and lover of her less hostile personality (Marvel Comics Presents/Typhoid’s Kiss)
Kayla - Native island girl Wolverine has a brief fling with (MCP)
Mai - Chinese woman he helps get revenge and then spends a couple days with. (MCP)
Bunny – Random girl he has fun with (Wolverine)
Cyndi - Random girl he has fun with (Wolverine)
Caley Blair – Girlfriend killed under NYC (Wolverine/Punisher Revelations) *Dead*
Cassandra "Cassie" Lathrop - Agent of ATF, obessed with Wolverine leads to brief romance (Wolverine)
Amir (Atlantean Woman) – Newish relationship (Wolverine) *Dead*
Pink Lady- Odd extra-dimensional woman Wolverine spends a night with (Wolverine/Doop )
Felicia Hardy (Black Cat) - Flirtation and attraction lead to dating. At least one consummation confirmed.(Claws/Claws II L.S.)
Annabel - One night stand to discover organ processing center (Chop Shop)
Skrul-ektra (Pagon) - Recently confirmed one night stand in Dark Reign: Elektra. *Dead*
Amber DeBlasio - One night stand while she tried to get information (Under the Boardwalk)
Melita Garner - Reporter and most recent new relationship (Weapon X)
Unnamed Shi'ar - Confirmed relations with at least one Shi'ar woman. (Weapon X)
Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl) - Strongly implied past relationship. (New Avengers vol 2)
Alika - Lycanthrope Wolverine spends a night with. (Wolverine 1000)
Jessica Drew - Partner and friend in Madripoor with hints of more. Quasi confirmed with her stating he is "A helluva kisser'. (Wolverine 16)
Aurora - Most likely slept together. Some hints prior then she propositioned him for after their first mission. He was taken aback didn't exactly say 'no' either. (Wolverine: First Class #5).
Dazzler - At least a one night stand if not a mini-relationship. (Best There is #12)
Dolores Downing - Unknown woman that he had a child with in the distant past. (Wolverine 15)
Unnamed Red Head - Woman Logan spend the night with after a tussle with Hercules (Wolverine/Hercules)
Jean Grey from AoA - Brief time together before she left for her home dimension. (Uncanny X-Force 19)
Eva - Morlock and depowered, stuck half as a rock like form. She spends a night with Wolverine. (Wolverine 309)
Kay Cera of ClanDestine - Strongly implied past history with Wolverine (Wolverine Annual 2012)
Remus - Twin sister of Romulus he dated in the past and again in the present. (Wolverine 313)

Near Misses:
Rose - Mostly unrequited love, could have progressed eventually if she had not died. *Dead*
Sparrow Hawk – Indian girl that Logan is close to. Romance is staved off when she is eaten *Dead*
Natasha Romanoff – Close friends and companions, no indication on more.
Heather Hudson - Mostly unrequited love, could have progressed if James Hudson had not come back
Jean Grey - Mostly unrequited love, had a chance after Scott picked Emma but she died...again *Dead*
Psylocke - Drinking buddies but no indication they went any further.
Storm - Mutual affection and a few dates interrupted by her getting married out of the blue.
Serra - Woman Logan was brought to breed with. Rejected her thinking his feelings weren't real (Killing)
Viper/Lady Hydra - married but no love and definitely not consummated
Elektra - Very close during his bestial phase and again during Enemy of the State. Nothing concrete that things moved past that although he did have a fling with her Skrull replacement.
Helen Bach - Almost started a relationship until she saw Jean and Storm (Wolverine)
Rogue - Friends and brief declaration of feelings (under mind alteration). Yet to develop more. (X-Men)
Aria - Zennan (alien) that possessed Wolverine for a time to get his help. Definite affection between them. (Wolverine)
Rachel Leighton (Diamondback) - Switched bodies with Dazzler and went for a little romp with Logan but got interrupted. (Uncanny X-Men Annual)
She-Hulk - Propositioned Wolverine but he turned her down since she had been with Juggernaut. (She-Hulk)

Alternate Loves:
Jean Grey - Lover in the Age of Apocalypse also in the Ultimate universe and Noir-verse and potentially Mangaverse (Weapon X, X, Ultimate X-Men, -Men: Noir, Marvel Mangaverse)
Elektra - Logan's wife and mother of Wild Thing (Wild Thing MC2)
Sung Li –Girlfriend in San Francisco. Meant to be current Logan but crossover title (Deathblow/Wolverine)
Carol Danvers - Logan's wife in alternate future (Wolverine: Days of Future Past)
Sue Storm - Leader of Hydra and Logan's lover (Exiles)
Mystique - Lover and SHIELD member (House of M)
Lady Deathstrike - Hinted to have been his previous lover (Marvel Mangaverse)
Magda Lehnsherr - Wolverine is shown to have a brief relationship with her (Ultimates 3)
Maureen Logan- Logan's wife in a bleak future. (Old Man Logan arc in Wolverine) *Dead*
Red Sonja - Logan's girlfriend when he travels to the past (What If?)
Gaea, Spirit of Earth - Yes Wolverine knocks up an entire planet in the future. (Fantastic Force)
Psionics (Cindy) - Stated she had a relationship with every male member of the team. (Fantastic Force)
Sara Pezzini (Witchblade) - Married to Wolverine (Wolverine/Witchblade).
Heather McDaniel Logan (Heather Hudson, Sasquatch) - Married to an alternate Wolverine (Exiles)
Natsu Teshima - Girl with amnesia that he has a brief relationship with in the movie-verse (X-Men the Movie: Prequel Wolverine).
Sophie - Girlfriend in a possible future (Strange Tales II)
Matriarch - Wolverine's top wife in an alternate take on Origins (Marville Originville).
Stacey - Waitress and brief love interest in Ages of Apocalypse (Wolverine 148)
Storm - Married in alternate timeline (as well as in the animated series) (What If?)
Psylocke - Relationship in the future (Uncanny X-Force) and One night stand in Feudal Japan story (5 Ronin)

Last edited:
All this Rogan talk.

"Crazies come back again mom."

tumblr_m4z6h5XAsU1rpwd9j.gif

Too bad Rogue can't exist as a character on her own, even in the unlimited possibilities of fanfiction her value is tied to one male character or another.

Look, xDOFPx, you don't have to think Rogan is a possibility. As someone who loves the Rogue and Wolverine relationship for what it is...don't degrade what they have by comparing it to a kitty and logan danger room scene. It's may not be romantic feelings between Rogan but it's more than just a fight scene. I know you are likely just trying to make a point and going to an extreme...saying...theres a more likely chance Pigs will fly then a Rogan romance. But don't degrade there relationship just cause you don't like that some people may read to much into things.

Rogue and Wolverine have a special relationship. May not be romance ever but it is special.

Well said. Rogan fans are not crazy. It was implied in 2 movies that there is something going on between them, whether they act on it or not is left up to the writers and Bryan Singer. Obviously the guy who wrote The Wolverine thought so too, that's why he was going to put her in that movie, but he couldn't write it the way he wanted. http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-the-x-men-series-was-almost-in-the-wolverine Need more proof check out this interview! http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-60198312/fxm_presents_movies_x2_x_men_united_anna_paquin/

Notice her words, so please stop talking about how crazy Rogan fans are. There was something there.
Oh and one more to end my post.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=CF716462EED345041271CF716462EED345041271
3rd video over

Last edited:
This thread certainly explains a lot about the current world state.

Well said. Rogan fans are not crazy. It was implied in 2 movies that there is something going on between them, whether they act on it or not is left up to the writers and Bryan Singer. Obviously the guy who wrote The Wolverine thought so too, that's why he was going to put her in that movie, but he couldn't write it the way he wanted. http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-the-x-men-series-was-almost-in-the-wolverine Need more proof check out this interview! http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-60198312/fxm_presents_movies_x2_x_men_united_anna_paquin/

Notice her words, so please stop talking about how crazy Rogan fans are. There was something there.
Oh and one more to end my post.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=CF716462EED345041271CF716462EED345041271
3rd video over

That 3rd Video over is great. I love Anna and had not seen that one before.

I really don't get the hostility some non rogan shippers have against rogan. They don't have to think it's possibility but they can at least be respectful. And Rogan fans can be respectful to them as well.

My point is i admit Rogan will never happen. But that doesn't mean it's wrong. I mean look at that list i posted. While there isn't much source material for it, theirs not much against it either.

In the comics, I never really have gotten attached to Rogue and Wolverines relationship.

But in the movies, all the animated series, i have. There friendship.

I really don't ship much in the x-men series. In Wolverine And The X-Men I shipped Nightcrawler with Scarlett Witch. In X-Men Evolution i shipped Kitty with Nightcrawler. Didn't like Kitty with Avalanche.

tumblr_mhbuev71ri1rh9i5co1_500.gif

tumblr_mlmeswlR331rh9i5co4_250.gif

tumblr_mln1vhMnoc1rh9i5co6_250.gif

People have different opinions. I never would have thought of Kitty/Nightcrawler or Nightcrawler/Scarlet Witch if it wasn't for those shows. I would have said the same thing about those pairings as some of you are saying about Rogue/Wolverine.

I never would have thought of Rogue/Wolverine if not for the movies. So if anything you can blame Anna and Hugh for having great chemistry.

I have love for everybody on this forum. That's not have shipping disagreements lead to hostility.

I wouldn't be against Logan/Rogue in the movieverse. I don't really expect to see it, but I think their friendship has the potential to evolve into something more.

I wouldn't be against Logan/Rogue in the movieverse. I don't really expect to see it, but I think their friendship has the potential to evolve into something more.

Yep. I don't expect it either. I love Wolverine/Mariko but who knows if they are even still together in DOFP. It likely won't even be brought up.

Can we stop with the Wolverine talk? I can't be the only poster who is getting sick of it clogging up pages of this thread. It's not even relevant to the movies as Rogue is her own character. And this is the Rogue thread not the Wolverine or W/R one.

They don't have a romance so we shouldn't be derailing the thread so much talking about non-canon stuff. Rogue is interesting outside him. Bobby doesn't even get this much talk in here and he actually was a love interest. Please move on.

Ok, another topic: if this movie set the plot to develope a more confident and warrior Rogue for the future Do you think it's possible to have a Rogue movie after a few X-Men movies? If I'm not wrong after X-Men there was some rumors about it.

I think it could be interesting, but they have to make her more like in the comics which is what Bryan had in mind, and Anna needs some hits in movies on her own.

See, here's my take on this. Maybe when the script was originally written, they didn't intend on having any kind of romantic undertones to the Wolverine/Rogue relationship. But it does make you wonder though, why include so many romantic tropes in the story? It really isn't the fault of Rogan shippers that they saw the movie as borderline romantic. The plot of the first film basically goes like this:

Boy meets girl in bar.
Boy and girl hit the road together.
Boy and girl get attacked.
Boy and girl share intense moment in the middle of the night.
Girl runs away from boy after misunderstanding.
Boy goes crazy looking for her.
Boy and girl meet/talk on train. Boy promises to take care of her.
Girl gets abducted.
Boy saves girl (risking his life to do so).
Boy gives girl a token of himself and promises to be back.

Again, not saying it's a romance. Just pointing out that Rogan shippers are not totally crazy for seeing the potential for romance here. And I believe the producers knew what they were doing (ie. creating ambiguity, if even a little bit) when writing and directing the first X-men. Otherwise they wouldn't have left certain scenes in the film.

I mean, just look at the bedroom scene. Another HUGE romantic trope, even though it was written non-romantically and certainly didn't end up the way your typical romantic scene would. But the trope is still there. Rogue going into a half-naked Logan's bedroom in the middle of the night wearing a clingy nightgown had to have raised at least one eyebrow on set. But they left stuff like this in the film anyway.

Omg, this thread... :doh:

homer-simpson-bush-gif_zps380c8924.gif

Ok, another topic: if this movie set the plot to develope a more confident and warrior Rogue for the future Do you think it's possible to have a Rogue movie after a few X-Men movies? If I'm not wrong after X-Men there was some rumors about it.

I think it could be interesting, but they have to make her more like in the comics which is what Bryan had in mind, and Anna needs some hits in movies on her own.

highly unlikely, I say. Honestly I dont see Fox doing any solo movie for the already introduced X-Men in the trilogy. Not now after 4 team movies.

Its risky and to me they work better as a team, so general audience probably wouldnt support enough a solo movie by any of the OT actors. If Wolverine has struggled domestically, just imagine what could happen with any of the other OT actors.

So two more team movies is the best option, imo. (Xforce is a better spinoff, I think. New cast, something different, something fresher)

She's popular, but I'm not sure she's popular enough to carry a solo movie as a character or an actress. I'm not sure any of the characters except Wolverine are. The spin-off's aren't getting the public attention or money the ensemble movies do.

It's probably best to keep Rogue as part of a group. Though I do think she warrants being a more prominent character in a future sequel. She's been underused and undervalued so far. Considering how complex she is and how much potential she has she should have more glory moments than she's had. Hopefully she'll get at least one in DOFP and then more in a sequel. She needs more screen time for sure. They could add her to the X Force film. They don't follow the comics so they can add whoever they like as part of X Force.

It was implied in 2 movies that there is something going on between them, whether they act on it or not is left up to the writers and Bryan Singer.

tumblr_ml4e3fHrqZ1rs1y0wo1_250.gif
tumblr_ml4e3fHrqZ1rs1y0wo3_250.gif

Oh boy. In the two films the only thing that was implied is the one-way crush that Rogue has on Logan. The only thing these three films confirmed is the strong friendship these two have. That's it.

Now, Rogan fans can splice clips together, mix dialogue over a romantic pop track to their hearts' content, but in the end what the creative minds behind the films intended for these two characters is that they went through a lot together and became close friends in the process.

How do I know this intent? I can infer it based on what's actually presented in the FILMS. And the vast majority of the users on this board and viewers will say the same thing.

Obviously the guy who wrote The Wolverine thought so too, that's why he was going to put her in that movie, but he couldn't write it the way he wanted.

Is that why he was going to put her in the movie? Are you sure? Because all he says is that Wolverine and Rogue have a special connection. Which is true. Their friendship and experience together is that connection. Nowhere does co-writer Mark Bomback say it was romantic.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-60198312/fxm_presents_movies_x2_x_men_united_anna_paquin/

tumblr_mbzi3qzrKw1rywlbu.gif

More proof that you're hearing only what you want to hear.

Her actual words:

"She's sort of being pulled in two directions between, you know, complete hero worship and her actual boyfriend."

There is no proof here in what you're arguing, it's more proof of what everyone else is saying--Rogue's undeniable crush (i.e. HERO WORSHIP) and it's unrequited nature.

That interview is great, it really shows how well Hugh and Anna understand the nature of their characters as they appear in the films. Both loners, both afraid of their powers (or what their powers can do). And it really goes into why those two characters made for great introductions to this world and how they could fast become someone the other cares about, as friends.

I'm all for Rogan fans doing their thing. I'm a fan of some of the Rogan vids and fiction out there (people can really write some amazing characterizations), but this "Rogue and Wolverine, 'will they, won't they'" conjecture is starting to bog this thread down--considering it's non-canon.

Their friendship is special enough and I hope it's addressed in some meaningful way in this film.

K. Thnx. Bye.

tumblr_mkgucaqXOG1qgjo5ao4_250.gif

wait, that big gif looked like a real image from the movie! she even seems to have the black hair with the white streak, and the prisoner green suit.

for a second I thought it god leaked or came from a recent article or something :(

I thought it looked like Rogue as well. Hopefully we'll soon have some footage to obsess over. Two blink and miss it clips aren't nearly enough.

That 3rd Video over is great. I love Anna and had not seen that one before.

I really don't get the hostility some non rogan shippers have against rogan. They don't have to think it's possibility but they can at least be respectful. And Rogan fans can be respectful to them as well.

My point is i admit Rogan will never happen. But that doesn't mean it's wrong. I mean look at that list i posted. While there isn't much source material for it, theirs not much against it either.

In the comics, I never really have gotten attached to Rogue and Wolverines relationship.

But in the movies, all the animated series, i have. There friendship.

I really don't ship much in the x-men series. In Wolverine And The X-Men I shipped Nightcrawler with Scarlett Witch. In X-Men Evolution i shipped Kitty with Nightcrawler. Didn't like Kitty with Avalanche.

tumblr_mhbuev71ri1rh9i5co1_500.gif

tumblr_mlmeswlR331rh9i5co4_250.gif

tumblr_mln1vhMnoc1rh9i5co6_250.gif

People have different opinions. I never would have thought of Kitty/Nightcrawler or Nightcrawler/Scarlet Witch if it wasn't for those shows. I would have said the same thing about those pairings as some of you are saying about Rogue/Wolverine.

I never would have thought of Rogue/Wolverine if not for the movies. So if anything you can blame Anna and Hugh for having great chemistry.

I have love for everybody on this forum. That's not have shipping disagreements lead to hostility.

I will have to agree and I don't understand it either. Only thing I can think is that most people want her with Gambit in the movie. I can understand that and I respect that. Hey I wouldn't have even been into X-Men if it hadn't been Anna and Hugh and since then, I love the X-men. The comics and everything now. I agree that everybody should respect everybody's opinion and that's all I'm going to say. We will just have to see how DOFP plays out and if nothing happens fine, I won't post about it again, but if it does, I probably won't shut up about it. LOL! Like I said before, I will go for Rogue and anybody but Bobby and Gambit. oh and SuperFilm, I didn't slice anything together. Hell I wouldn't even know how to do that!!! I respect everybody's opinion so EVERYONE just chill and have a good day!

I honestly don't care who they pair Rogue up with or even if she gets paired up at all. I'm just so happy to have my girl back up on the big screen! I just hope they don't try to float the Bobby/Rogue crap past us again. It was unnecessary and lame.

What's so wrong with discussing her love life? Yes, I realize there's so much more to the character, but isn't anything that sparks a discussion about her a good thing? I for one think it's amazing that people show as much interest in her character as any of the male characters. Her thread is consistently near the top of this forum. Let's keep it positive, folks.

We all discuss her love life. It's discussing W/R that's becoming the problem. They do not exist in the movieverse so post after post about how they're this big love story is getting ridiculous. It has been SAID they aren't romantic. We should leave it at that.

I love Rogue on her own xDOFPx. I had no issue with Bobby/Rogue till Bobby was an A** in the last movie. But i hated how they really portrayed Rogue as week in the 3rd movie. I want her to be a bad*ss in the movies but i doubt we will ever get to see that sadly. Anna is young enough where she can portray Rogue for many more years...that is if the movies continue to want Rogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"