Days of Future Past Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Rogue on her own xDOFPx. I had no issue with Bobby/Rogue till Bobby was an A** in the last movie. But i hated how they really portrayed Rogue as week in the 3rd movie. I want her to be a bad*ss in the movies but i doubt we will ever get to see that sadly. Anna is young enough where she can portray Rogue for many more years...that is if the movies continue to want Rogue.

I'd rather she was on her own in DOFP. That way we could see her as just a mutant and person for once. Hopefully any Bobby crap will only be a tiny part of her storyline and it won't be anything but left over tension. They treated Rogue terribly in X3. Her getting the cure made her look like a selfish and weak whiner. And that isn't Rogue, even the movie version had more strength than that in the first two. Hopefully she is more accepting of her powers in DOFP. It's been 10 years and she had to have had her powers back for most of that time. Even if she's been in an inhibitor collar for however long. The war surely has made her grateful for a weapon to fight the Sentinels with.

Rogue can be badass in the movies. She'll have a bigger opportunity this time to have at least one action scene. And as an adult now she'd fight more in any other sequels.

Let's hope man. Rogue has so much history in the comics. So much potential for the movies.

I did love how in the X3 The Last Stand Novelization by Chris Claremont that Rogue decided against taking the Cure. The Novelization is 100 times better than the movie. I read that a few weeks before The Last Stand came out and that had me looking forward to the movie till the movie killed that. haha.

That is how the movie should have ended. It's how Anna and the producers wanted it. Ratner was just an ignorant and arrogant idiot.

Let's hope man. Rogue has so much history in the comics. So much potential for the movies.

I did love how in the X3 The Last Stand Novelization by Chris Claremont that Rogue decided against taking the Cure. The Novelization is 100 times better than the movie. I read that a few weeks before The Last Stand came out and that had me looking forward to the movie till the movie killed that. haha.

That version is included on the deleted scenes on the DVD. I like that ending better as well.

I'd also like to remind the members of the Rogue/Logan fanclub to please stop posting under multiple usernames. :cwink:

They treated Rogue terribly in X3.

They treated everyone terribly in X3. All the characters they'd developed so well over the first two films all suddenly turned into pod people in the third film. Still trying to erase that travesty from my memory :csad:.

People need to calm down, I find it amusing the amount of insecurity of who rogue should be with

overall I think wolverine being with rogue is about as realistic as bringing in gambit to be with rogue... and yet i doubt neither will happen, no matter what Anna says because she probably won't have a say in any future script and no matter what singer says when he put in the spot in a room full of fans

It would take abit of imagination to get Logan with rogue but its possible, its no different to getting gambit with rogue at all, with perhaps the only difference being they already set up a closeness with Logan and rogue, but that may not even be shown in DOFP

But... I don't think singer would do that, just like I doubt he had any plans to bring in gambit as rogues love interest

But Gambit is a more realistic prospect. Her staying with Bobby is also more realistic than Logan, which is everyone's point. When the movies and official sources keep saying W/R are not happening and never will then everyone has to accept it. No-one has said Gambit won't be in Rogue's life. You're personally against the idea and always see it as impossible when really it's not. You for whatever reason just want it to be that way. Singer himself said at SDCC it's a possibility being considered. It was not said to never be happening, so unlike W/R it is a viable option still. We can't deny that.

Rogue might even get an entirely new love interest in any sequels. Or never return and be left single at the end of DOFP and that's the last we ever see of her. That is also possible. But if she comes back for more she will not stay loveless as her character has a lot of romance in some form running through her life. Especially in the movieverse. She's become the tragic romantic heroine for the audience. She just doesn't really have a set in stone love interest. I expect her to have a new one in any sequels, whether it be Gambit or someone else. In DOFP I just expect her to lay to rest her romantic past so the character can move on. I'd be shocked if her past is going to be her future. After 3-4 movies it's time to move her on to something fresh.

They treated everyone terribly in X3. All the characters they'd developed so well over the first two films all suddenly turned into pod people in the third film. Still trying to erase that travesty from my memory :csad:.

Yes, but Rogue and Cyclops got the worst of it. They really were treated like dog crap.

Singer hasn't introduced gambit in past films for a reason, and on twitter he voiced his view on gambit saying he could see gambit working better in a solo film and what he said at comic con was basically yes it could happen... Not saying it will though, which is what you would say to a room full of fans, you wouldn't say... Hmm... I'm not sure we will use gambit because of origins ect ect, no he ain't gonna say that, he would probably reply the same thing about any other character he got asked about and its the best answer to give because it keeps fans optimistic but at the same time fans can't say he said he was definitely gonna use gambit because he didn't

But... saying that i think there is more chance of gambit being brought in to the franchise in some form like in xforce or a spin off, something more then gambit will be brought in to be a love interest for rogue and join the xmen

Also I think singer would need as much imagination to make gambit and rogue work as he would to make wolverine and rogue work, I don't see it any differently, they both contain problems some fans are willing to forget about

Singer has already switched a fair amount of relationships in his xmen films

Last edited:
I don't think a Gambit solo film would be very easy to sell. They can't even release a Cyclops solo film and Storm solo film. And those two are more popular than Gambit.

Singer, the writers and the producers will just have to find a way to incorporate Gambit in the main series if they really want to use him.

That version is included on the deleted scenes on the DVD. I like that ending better as well.

I have the DVD. Cause i'm a collector. Could never stomach to watch it again tho. Ill have to dig this out and view it.

I still say the Novelization did other things better as well. The ending for Rogue is just what stuck in my head. How that was done so much better.

Whoever said Ratner is a tool and ignorant is correct. Dude crapped the bed. The Ending of Rogue not taking the cure would have stayed true to her character. Sadly they changed her character so much. Sigh.

Last edited:
Singer hasn't introduced gambit in past films for a reason, and on twitter he voiced his view on gambit saying he could see gambit working better in a solo film and what he said at comic con was basically yes it could happen... Not saying it will though, which is what you would say to a room full of fans, you wouldn't say... Hmm... I'm not sure we will use gambit because of origins ect ect, no he ain't gonna say that, he would probably reply the same thing about any other character he got asked about and its the best answer to give because it keeps fans optimistic but at the same time fans can't say he said he was definitely gonna use gambit because he didn't

But... saying that i think there is more chance of gambit being brought in to the franchise in some form like in xforce or a spin off, something more then gambit will be brought in to be a love interest for rogue and join the xmen

Also I think singer would need as much imagination to make gambit and rogue work as he would to make wolverine and rogue work, I don't see it any differently, they both contain problems some fans are willing to forget about

Singer has already switched a fair amount of relationships in his xmen films

Gambit had a cameo in X2 and was going to be in Singers version of X3. He actually did want him in that timeline. Circumstances played against it. So the foolish decision was made to shove him in Origins because fans had demanded him so much. Well, those fans are still demanding and they're listening more these days. If there is a OT sequel I think there's a very firm chance he'll be there. Anna's excitement didn't seem based off it being laid to rest as never happening.

I have the DVD. Cause i'm a collector. Could never stomach to watch it again tho. Ill have to dig this out and view it.

I still say the Novelization did other things better as well. The ending for Rogue is just what stuck in my head. How that was done so much better.

Whoever said Ratner is a tool and ignorant is correct. Dude crapped the bed. The Ending of Rogue not taking the cure would have stayed true to her character. Sadly they changed her character so much. Sigh.

They had to rewrite her in X3 to justify using the cure. It still wasn't justified though.

Dont know if Singer ever mentioned him, but I saw recently that old rumour of Singer wanting Keanu Reeves for Gambit in his X3.

So if that was true, then Singer must have had real interest in him wanting to sign a popular actor for the role.

Dont know if Singer ever mentioned him, but I saw recently that old rumour of Singer wanting Keanu Reeves for Gambit in his X3.

So if that was true, then Singer must have had real interest in him wanting to sign a popular actor for the role.

I'm not sure the Keanu rumour was true but people connected with X3 prior to Singer leaving have said he would have been in the timeline. I'm not sure how big a character, but he was planned. Donner also looked at casting choices and has talked about them. I wish they hadn't dropped the idea or his cameo in X2. Even the crap X3 script apparently had him as a small role at one point. Damn Ratner coming in and changing things. And damn Fox for not waiting for Singer to do Superman and X3. Origins was a awful place to plop Gambit, and not only because of Rogue, but because he didn't fit.

We can all only hope them considering him now actually materializes in a sequel. Iceman was never going to sit well with the audience when they all wanted Gambit instead. If not him then give her a whole new love interest in a sequel. Someone interesting this time. Too bad Rogue probably won't meet Sunspot, a little flirting there would have been fun in DOFP. She better not spend all her scenes moping over boring Bobby. I like him well enough as an individual but as a romantic focus I don't believe Rogue and Kitty would spend 10 years yearning for or wanting him. C'mon.

Gambit had a cameo in X2

Hold on where!? I've watched X2 like a billion times and I don't remember a Gambit Cameo.

and was going to be in Singers version of X3.

Are you sure I seem to recall the only characters he was going to add were Emma Frost and the Hellfire club and also Beast. I didn't know he was going to add gambit, how the hell would he have fit into the story that Singer wanted to tell.

Last edited:
As long as they don't do the insane misrepresentation of a Cajun accent like in the comics and cartoons, I'll be good seeing Gambit in any form.

The Gambit cameo in X2 has never seen the light of day. Only Bryan (and Fox) has it. It was short and they used Hugh Jackman's stunt double in the role, based on his look.

Also, I distinctly remember back in 2004 (after Singer had already left the franchise for Superman), where he mentioned at a Q&A that Gambit would have been the new X-Men member in his X3 (a la Nightcrawler in X2), not Beast or Angel. He tried using Beast in X1, and Angel in X2, but he said neither would have returned in his X3, and they would have opted for Gambit instead.

He's never mentioned having an actor in mind for the role, though. Not to my knowledge at least.

The actor that would've cameoed as Gambit in X2 was James Bamford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"