Glee Episode V: The Sylvester Strikes Back - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
People online are bashing it as being disrespectfully short, apparently not knowing there's a whole memorial episode in the works.

Typical conclusion-jumping. They should know better.

Also, with a character of the magnitude of Finn, I don't think we're gonna have the goodbye episode and then he's never mentioned again. I don't think Finn will ever be completely forgotten as long as Glee is on the air (which according to Kevin Reilly is probably until the end of Season 6, which he sees as likely the final season to wrap up all the running arcs).

I'd like there to be a picture of him next to Lillian Adler in the choir room.

Someone online suggested the very last scene of Glee ever being Rachel onstage in her big Broadway victory, and right as the curtain goes up (or down, or whatever, or she wins a Tony or whatever exactly is happening), she has some internal montage of all the times Finn encouraged her not to give up, and silently saying thank you.

I think that could be a heartfelt close to the show.

Yeah. They could get alot of the emotion out with the farewell, but Cory/Finn's loss is always going to be a dark cloud hanging over their heads.

Also, with a character of the magnitude of Finn, I don't think we're gonna have the goodbye episode and then he's never mentioned again. I don't think Finn will ever be completely forgotten as long as Glee is on the air (which according to Kevin Reilly is probably until the end of Season 6, which he sees as likely the final season to wrap up all the running arcs).

I'd like there to be a picture of him next to Lillian Adler in the choir room.

Someone online suggested the very last scene of Glee ever being Rachel onstage in her big Broadway victory, and right as the curtain goes up (or down, or whatever, or she wins a Tony or whatever exactly is happening), she has some internal montage of all the times Finn encouraged her not to give up, and silently saying thank you.

I think that could be a heartfelt close to the show.

That would be a bittersweet ending but given they have been the shows fulcrum from the start, it would be a fitting ending.

Since Glee will most likely not be able to find a new batch of kids to focus on that are interesting enough, I see it ending after Season 6 which is fine with me. 6 seasons is a good run. Though it is interesting that they appear to have no interest in focusing soley on Rachel and co.

Considering Jayma Mays has called Season 5 her last season, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Morrison's too and Season 6 wraps up in NYC.

Season 6 will end with the new students graduating. Everything indicates they'll continue splitting the narrative until the end. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the adults they're casting is a new teacher to fill in for Will if he leaves.

First confirmed song of Season 5: "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away". Boy-Girl duet.

Alex Anders also confirmed Kitty is singing something in one of the first episodes.

Sam, Artie and "a bunch of boys" are also singing.

To me, it's gonna be kind of surreal watching a couple happy, upbeat typical Glee episodes knowing Cory's dead and his character's demise is right around the corner.

It's gonna be like the shadow hanging over everything, no matter how carefree everyone tries to act for those two episodes.

I'm curious to see if any of them are strong enough actors to just act as if they don't have a care in the world those first two episodes. I understand the reasoning behind not jumping right into it, but that's got to be a weird thing to expect of your cast.

Meh, Naya looks happy on the vacation pics she keeps tweeting, and Matthew Morrison and Darren Criss both recently did interviews where they were laughing and joking around and acting completely normal.

I'm more curious about Lea, for example. I wonder how much Rachel is going to be in the Beatles episodes.

I think they all will be happy just to see each other again.

And since this is basically a countdown to the end of Glee I hope the writers are thinking ahead about everyone's storylines. They should bring back Mercedes during s6 and have her storyline in NY.

A couple more tidbits:

- Confirmed singers so far for Beatles episode(s) are Kitty, Kurt/Blaine, and "a bunch of boys"

- Despite his new show, Mike O'Malley has worked out a schedule that will allow him to do 4 or 5 episodes of Season 5 (more than he did last season)

Last edited:
Am I reading this right, Finn will still be alive for the first 2 episodes?

It's possible. When John Spencer died his character on the West Wing was alive (In episodes filmed after his death) months after his death.

Alive, but obviously not onscreen, unless they do actually use some old footage of Monteith, Dallas-style.

I just realized that the reason I recognize Mike O'Malley so much is because I was a huge fan of GUTS when I was younger.

The first Beatles tribute is called Love, Love, Love, which basically confirms "All You Need is Love". Also, "You've Got to Hide Your Love" is sung by Kitty and Artie.

The first Beatles tribute is called Love, Love, Love, which basically confirms "All You Need is Love". Also, "You've Got to Hide Your Love" is sung by Kitty and Artie.

Are they going to be a thing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back