Glee Episode V: The Sylvester Strikes Back - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Klaine ends one season happily engaged, starts this one randomly broken up (again) and now after dumping Blaine, Kurt desperately wants him back and is randomly crying over him on dates with other guys.

I see we are continuing the time honored tradition of Klaine whiplashing whenever the writers need more "conflict". The only thing that made anything about those scenes even slightly believable was Colfer's acting.

Also, after showing repeatedly that they can't stand living together for more than 5 minutes, why the hell do the writers think we should root for them to get back together?

Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoyed the premiere. It seemed to know it had some goofy ideas going on and didn't try to pass them off as too serious.

I loved all the newbies and they're all musically talented. And I kind of like how everything has thrown back to season 1 in a parallel between where Will was in season 1 is where Rachel is in the final season.

I do think I like the message of losing everything before you really find yourself. I think that was something that was present in Will's story in season 1 and I like we've really went back to that for the final season.

The 2 episodes werent bad, the first was actually refreshing since we spent majority of it OUT of the choir room/McKinley and they caught up with their lives (though do Artie/Kurt not see each other in NYC?)

The 2nd episode wouldve been better had we gotten more with the originals, the newbies are good additions but if you bring everyone back, why dont we get an update on their lives? Focus some screen time on them? They were all basically Tina-fied.

I thoroughly enjoyed the premiere. It seemed to know it had some goofy ideas going on and didn't try to pass them off as too serious.

I loved all the newbies and they're all musically talented. And I kind of like how everything has thrown back to season 1 in a parallel between where Will was in season 1 is where Rachel is in the final season.

I do think I like the message of losing everything before you really find yourself. I think that was something that was present in Will's story in season 1 and I like we've really went back to that for the final season.

Why did it take them until the last damn season to cast talented kids who can sing?

Ok, my laboriously detailed play-by-play begins

"Loser Like Me"

I liked "Uninvited".

I agree with Billy. I like the theme expressed by Rachel's dad about how "you have to lose everything before you can really find yourself", and how it seems to be everyone's basic story this season.

Lea and Darren are twice as ridiculous singing together. It's like they're in a competition of overdramatic expressions.

I LOL'ed hard at Sue releasing the hounds. I realized I actually kind of missed her. Though yet again, after having her being sympathetic about New Directions' disbanding last season, she has yet again been reset to her default setting of DESTROY ALL GLEE CLUBS!!!

I like everyone's reintroductions, and I feel like they're splitting the episode pretty evenly between everyone--Rachel, Blaine, Kurt, Mr. Schue--catching up on where they're at now.

Damn, that Vocal Adrenaline frontman is hot. Didn't realize he was The Wanted lead singer.

That was actually kind of a nice little speech Schue gave Rachel. Better than most of the tripe he came up with.

I love how Sue's idea of a terrifying threat is always something absurdly petty like shaking the pencil shavings on the floor or disorganizing their sheet music.

Even though I knew it was coming, I still cringed when I knew the Blaine-Karofsky reveal was coming. Awwwwwkward.

Speaking of Kurt, this isn't any big surprise, but I thought Chris Colfer was really good this episode.

Overall, I actually quite enjoyed this episode. More than I expected, for sure.

I LOL'ed hard at Sue releasing the hounds. I realized I actually kind of missed her. Though yet again, after having her being sympathetic about New Directions' disbanding last season, she has yet again been reset to her default setting of DESTROY ALL GLEE CLUBS!!!

The woman just doesn't want arts/Glee clubs in her school! is that to much for her to ask?

Starting the second episode. Darren with ungelled hair versus the normal Blaine almost looks like a different person.

I actually kind of liked Spencer shooting down Kurt's whole self-righteous "you owe Glee Club!".

The Tea Party Patriot student club....way to deliver your political opinion like a sledgehammer, Murphy.

Where's Mike?

Would've been nice if they made an offhand comment on his absence, but Harry was shooting a movie.

I actually kind of liked Spencer shooting down Kurt's whole self-righteous "you owe Glee Club!".

I was glad he did, Kurt/Rachel think that they are godsends (of course it doesnt help when people like Unique and Jane Warbler (or whatever hernameis) put them on a pedestal)

Though it saddens me just a tiny bit that we wont be able to spend more time with the newbies since they seem interesting and could carry a season by themselves.

The Tea Party Patriot student club....way to deliver your political opinion like a sledgehammer, Murphy.

It was a waste of a scene imo.

The Tom Brady fleshlight thing is still making me chuckle. Sue is legit deranged.

As over the top she was this episode, I loved her. Though it was funny that she thought putting a mole in the Glee club again would be a success, did she forget the 3 people she tried that with and only ended up strengthening the Glee club?

Blaine was an overdramatic big baby about the Jane thing, but that's nothing new.

I liked the closing song "Home", and how the lyrics were split among almost everybody.

tumblr_nhz88rvU6t1s43ygao2_400.gif

I'm glad we dont need to worry about relationship issues for these two.

And the twins are good replacements for Brittany S. Pierce.

Overall, dare I say...I really enjoyed these two episodes?

Definitely far more than I expected to.

Yeah, this was definitely better than anything to come out of season 5, sans the Finn tribute episode.

To bad it took them till they are on their death bad to churn out anything decent.

But I REALLY wanted that woman driving Rachel out of the studio to look at her and be like "can you quiet down?"

And wish that they Santana bite back at Kitty.

They should just let ND have a full roster thatdoesn't involve 6 back up dancers/singers.

Last edited:
tumblr_nhy21jTvhh1qf5hjqo2_250.gif
tumblr_nhy21jTvhh1qf5hjqo1_250.gif

tumblr_nhy21jTvhh1qf5hjqo3_250.gif
tumblr_nhy21jTvhh1qf5hjqo5_250.gif

tumblr_nhy21jTvhh1qf5hjqo4_250.gif
tumblr_nhy21jTvhh1qf5hjqo6_250.gif

tumblr_nhy21jTvhh1qf5hjqo7_250.gif
tumblr_nhy21jTvhh1qf5hjqo8_250.gif

Screw it, I want Samchel. :o

Way to jump your shark Sawyer.

I feel like they are making Sam into a Finn clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"