Glee Episode V: The Sylvester Strikes Back - - - - - - Part 15

Don't know what it says about me, but after finding out Lea Michele was a pain on set, as someone who watched not much of the show, like I think not even a whole season collectively, I've never found her as attractive as I do now, so...:shrug:

I'm starting to see why some folks are saying this show was cursed

Not many celebrity deaths get to me but I've always loved Naya so this one definitely made me shed some tears.

Can we please all pray to God for her in this situation?

I should keep it real, but I don't wanna lose faith. Miracles can happen. She's too young. And her poor kid. Jesus.

Missing Glee star Naya Rivera is now presumed dead
Missing Glee star Naya Rivera is now presumed dead, police said.

The actress went missing on Wednesday while on a rented boat with her four-year-old son at Lake Piru, about 56 miles north-west of central Los Angeles.

The Ventura County Sheriff’s office said the effort to find the actress, best known for playing Santana Lopez on musical comedy series Glee, is now a "search and recovery operation".

There is no foul play suspected and officers believe Rivera, 33, drowned.
:csad:

Its crazy how alot of shows are now doing reunions and reboots and its unlikely that Glee will ever be able to

Drownings in apparently 'easy' conditions certainly aren't unknown there...

Lake Piru - Wikipedia

This one in particular caught my eye,
Naftoli Smolyanksy died in a boating accident in August 2008. Smolyansky had taken his 9-year-old son and 5 and 7-year-old daughters out on the lake Monday afternoon when his youngest daughter fell off the boat. He jumped into the water to save her, and managed to get her back on the boat as it drifted away. Smolyanksy was unable to swim to the boat and did not resurface

Also, this
In 1997, park officials speculated that wind gusts and deep columns of chilly water on the lake, which is up to 160 ft deep depending on the time of year, can overtake swimmers quickly.

Last edited:
Naya Rivera's body 'may never be found' as police admit search 'could take weeks'

Naya Rivera's body 'may never be recovered' according to police officials heading up the search at Lake Piru, about 56 miles north-west of central Los Angeles...

A huge search operation has been launched, with around 100 personnel involved but she is yet to be found.

Ventura Country Sheriff Sergeant Kevin Donoghue provided an update on Thursday and revealed CCTV from the dock shows Rivera's boat departing.

He also revealed it may be weeks before any body is found.

Sgt Donoghue said: "If the body is entangled on something beneath the water, it may never come back up."

He added: "There's no way to really say. We're putting our best foot forward to try and locate her, we're using all the assets that are available to us, we're using technology like sonar."

Sgt Donoghue said experts involved in the search know the lake "inside and out," adding: "We're relying on their expertise to help us in that endeavour. We're going to do everything that we can to find her"...

The mission has been made more difficult as rescuers are battling perilous conditions.

The depth of the lake differs greatly, officer Chris Dyer said, saying it can go from between 50-60ft to 4ft over a short distance.

Visibility in the lake during the daytime is about eight to 10 inches, while sizeable debris including trees flow beneath the surface, police said.

More than 100 rescuers are at the lake and involved in the effort to find Rivera, with "multiple dive teams" searching the murky depths while two helicopters continue to scour the waves from above.

The task has been complicated by rising winds, with the surface becoming choppier.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/naya-riveras-body-may-never-

Drownings in apparently 'easy' conditions certainly aren't unknown there...

Lake Piru - Wikipedia

This one in particular caught my eye,

Also, this
Yep. It is surprisingly easy to get in trouble on the water and drown.

Every summer here in the UK people drown after going swimming in lakes, pond and rivers despite the conditions being calm.

Oh god this is absolutely horrific. She’s so young. Her poor family must be so distraught.

Naya Rivera Search Scaled Down Amid Difficult Diving Conditions – Variety
The search for “Glee” star Naya Rivera continues on Lake Piru in Ventura County, Calif., but searchers have scaled back operations amid difficult conditions underwater...

The search shifted on Thursday morning from a rescue to a recovery operation, and about 100 divers and searchers were on hand to try to locate her. On Friday, however, the effort had been scaled back to about 40 personnel. At an afternoon press conference, Sheriff’s Capt. Eric Buschow said that the search is largely being conducted using side-scanning sonar devices.

“We don’t know if she’s going to be found five minutes from now or five days from now,” Buschow said.

The visibility underwater is limited to about one to two feet, he said, and divers had been blindly using their hands to try to locate her body. Buschow said that the Tulare County Sheriff’s Department team had spotted some promising images on the sonar device, and sent an underwater robot to check them out. But that did not pan out, and the search continues.

Rivera’s boat was found in about 30 feet of water, but the bottom of the lake is uneven and is strewn with tree branches and other vegetation, making it difficult for divers to conduct the search.

Ventura County officials have said it could take several days to a week for Rivera’s body to surface on its own. Buschow said on Friday that the water company that operates the reservoir is expected to lower the level by 65 feet next month, in order to do maintenance on the dam.
If they haven't found her before, they should do then :csad:

Glee Star Heather Morris Organizing Search and Rescue Mission for Naya Rivera
As the difficult search for Naya Rivera in Lake Piru nears the end of its first week, her Glee co-star and friend, Heather Morris, is offering to assist the Ventura Country Sheriff’s Department in whatever way she can. In a series of Twitter messages on July 12, Morris expressed interest in assembling a team and searching for Rivera in the land surrounding the lake while divers continue to pursue their underwater recovery mission, which has recently been hindered by dangerous water conditions. “I’m Naya’s close friend and co-worker, and I’m trying to conduct an on foot search and rescue mission along with a small group of friends at Lake Piru,” Morris wrote. “I understand your team is doing everything in their power, but we are feeling helpless, powerless, and want to help in any way. I have left a message with the department of Rescue and Air today, and I will call again tomorrow. Thank you.”

Oh, man :csad: It was obvious how this was going to turn out, but a part of you still hopes for a miracle. RIP

If it's her, she'll be confirmed dead on the seventh anniversary of Cory Monteith's death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"