BvS "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Im not a big fan of Fox but im really happy it's not some CW show. Im almost certain Flash is going to be a crappy series. The less connected this is to CW's shows the better.

Yeah, I do have a hard time taking CW shows seriously. Everyone keeps saying Arrow is great, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it.

Yeah, I do have a hard time taking CW shows seriously. Everyone keeps saying Arrow is great, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it.

Can't bothered to watch Arrow but I'm all over the new Flash series. I freaking loved the 90's Flash series as a kid and if they can recreate that magic I'm down for that series.

I enjoy Arrow and Will check out both The Flash and Gotham

I like Arrow too , it's not emmy material but, so what? it's not bad either.
I'll be watching all these shows

I think ARROW is half a good show, but all the negative stuff is pure CW. The lead is solid as Ollie and the do some really good action. But for me that doesn't make up for bad casting like Laurel or Tommy Merlyn and the pretty lackluster production values or the need for there to be so much "soap opera" crap in it. Jettison those things or retool them and it would be a good show. As it is... Well I won't hold my breath.

SOAP OPERA?!? *claws eyes out*

Because God knows superhero comic books are soap opera-like at all. :o

lol yeah

I honestly believe that's what is expected in a genre like this. Like I said, so what? I still enjoy it, if you want a series like Breaking Bad go watch Breaking Bad :p

I think ARROW is half a good show, but all the negative stuff is pure CW. The lead is solid as Ollie and the do some really good action. But for me that doesn't make up for bad casting like Laurel or Tommy Merlyn and the pretty lackluster production values or the need for there to be so much "soap opera" crap in it. Jettison those things or retool them and it would be a good show. As it is... Well I won't hold my breath.

Yep. The first half of S1 was pure CW. But I absolutely loved the second half. Season 2 looks promising.

The production values on Arrow are pretty solid, actually.

Honestly, it looks better than Agents of SHIELD visually.

No, it doesn't. Arrow looks great, but AOS is movie quality production wise. Anyways, Tommy was one of the best characters on that show. Also, if you don't watch the show, then you shouldn't be commenting on its quality, which is really good btw. From what I've heard, this show is about a young Gordon, without Batman appearing, at least initially. I'm not sure how much it would affect the movie given that fact. It may introduce some villains, that's a possibility.

There's good comic book "soap" and there's bad CW style "soap".Unfortunately,Arrow had more of the latter in the first season.There's every chance for that to change this season,but I wouldn't count on it.

I couldn't get into Arrow. I found their version of Ollie too dull. I get they're going for a darker take but it felt like he lacked personality to me.

The studio/network for this Gotham show is crossing their fingers this show will last just riding on the fact that it's called/based in Gotham. As a few others have said, Gordon isn't going to keep this show a float. People that make up the general audience, unlike us comic fans who like stuff like Gotham Central(which had Batman's freak villains, which is what kept me reading), want Batman. I don't think this show is going to last very long unless the writing and events that go on are outstanding.

You took the words right out of my mouth. A show set in Gotham without Batman sounds like a ratings disaster to me.

I think some are drawing a line between what they consider CRIME DRAMAS, like Breaking Bad, Justified The Shield and CASE OF THE WEEK CRIME PROCEDURALS like CSI, Bones, Law and Order and their ilk. My druthers would be more of a CRIME DRAMA.

How many crime dramas, as you've defined them, have been on broadcast, though? I'd feel better about Gotham if it were on cable. As it is, I fear we're going to get something closer to Law & Order.

Can't bothered to watch Arrow but I'm all over the new Flash series. I freaking loved the 90's Flash series as a kid and if they can recreate that magic I'm down for that series.

Same here.It's my all time favorite show.But I'm not going to set my expectations too high.CW ain't gonna look toward the 90's series for much ( if any) insperation.:csad:

I said this in the other thread..

You know what will be very interesting to see?..

Seeing Jim & Barbara Gordon happy and who comes to GCPD? Sarah Essen!

I'm so pumped for this! I never watch tv shows & this could honestly be the first show since BTAS I watch religiously!

Funny how now there are many saying the idea of a Gotham Central type of show would be just like any other policial show around, because i remember many talking about how a show like this would be great before this reveal, some even prefered this to one focusing on Batman.

not me sorry but I prefer Batman shows to be about batman or at least SOMEONE within the bat family heck I would take the CW presents Robin at this point.

No, it doesn't. Arrow looks great, but AOS is movie quality production wise.

It certainly has the budget, Unfortunatelly it still loks very very cheap, while Arrow may have a smaller budget it looks more consistent.

It would be a nice way to get some characters onscreen we might not otherwise see, or see for a while. Gordon's daughter Barbara, supporting officers from the GCPD, Harvey Dent. There are all kinds of possibilities.

Yes. Show the villains that won't make it into films anytime soon. Like Calender Man or something :cwink:

That's doing a series about the far less interesting aspect of the Batman's universe. But faaaaaaaaaaar less interesting. Anyway, I didn't expect much of these people...

The same way Smallville effected Superman Returns....

Meh he's very wooden. I cant get into it because im not a massive fan of the character to begin with, but if they had a better actor maybe my mind would change.

I couldn't get into Arrow. I found their version of Ollie too dull. I get they're going for a darker take but it felt like he lacked personality to me.
This, exactly.

The show has come cool fight scenes but everything else feels very cheap. Bad acting all around. Too corny for me. Same reason why I wont watch Agents of SHIELD. Not that I was the biggest fan of Avengers, cuz im not, but the long trailer I saw made me :doh:. Pure cornball.

Arrow's pretty good in small doses, or maybe I've luckily only watched mostly good episodes.

Arrow is a pretty good show. First few episodes are meh, but the second half of season 1 was really well done. It continued to exceed my expectations many times on many things during the second half (though then again, I have low expectations going in).

If anyone gave it a try and didn't like the first few episodes, I recommend they give it another try if they can bear up with the first few episodes (up until around episode 10, though there are 2 really good episodes before the mid-season finale (episodes 4 & 5)). Stephen Amell really improves as the show goes on and Tommy arguably has the best development - he goes from being an incredibly annoying guy that just wastes his screen time to being one of the characters that changes the most and that you care the most about.

Arrow is a good show that has the potential to be a great show if they changed up a few certain things. I also think it's decent enough to not be on the CW and I would also say it's already miles ahead Smallville.

The season finale of Arrow blew me away! Friends of mine were texting me saying, "Man! Can you believe that?" If Gotham is going to be a crime drama that explains why Gotham needs someone like Batman to come along and clean it up it has a lot of potential. And if it acts to set the tone of the new Batman movies with the show being the backstory for the Gordon of the new films that'd be too awesome to handle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"