Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Warlock tie-in into Mayimbe's pic of the comics?

Not exactly sure. But does he have pretty close ties to all of those comics? I wish i knew. My lack of knowing all of the ins and outs of all of these books is apparent. Its just a guess.

As I said before, the diamond shape could actually be a jewel, which I think hints at Jewel - aka Jessica Jones, who fits with all the clues so far and was part of Marvel's plan anyway.

Well Adam Warlock did debut in Fantastic Four and that was one of the covers shown.

By the description in the marvel wiki, Warlock seems to be a necessity in telling the story of thanos and the IG. Isnt the death of adam warlock one of Joss Whedon's favorite storylines? Maybe we'll see that developed over A2 and A3. He has the soul gem on his forehead (i.e. vagina diamond) im stuck on the air force star emblem hint that was tweeted

After some further digging, I think that air force logo Mayimbe posted actually has something to do with Vance Astro, not Carol Danvers like everyone has thought. Vance Astro was an Air Force pilot who entered the astronaut training program and was apart of the first intersteller travel in Earth history. He landed on Alpha Centauri which led to the 1969 Guardians forming.

By the description in the marvel wiki, Warlock seems to be a necessity in telling the story of thanos and the IG. Isnt the death of adam warlock one of Joss Whedon's favorite storylines? Maybe we'll see that developed over A2 and A3. He has the soul gem on his forehead (i.e. vagina diamond) im stuck on the air force star emblem hint that was tweeted
Yeah he is. He's pretty important to Gamora's character as well.

Well since everyone's talking about it, I guess these can't be Vagina Monologues.

Well Adam Warlock did debut in Fantastic Four and that was one of the covers shown.

That would pretty much solve the riddle right there --- if it was true.
It's not.
Warlock debuted as "Him" in FF #67, which isn't one of the issues shown on the board. He officially became Adam Warlock in Marvel Premiere #1, which also isn't shown.

Warlock's a good guess, but the comic book covers clue doesn't support it.

Post Sequel:

OTOH, the Warlock guess *might* be pretty close to the mark anyway, even if the comic book display clue doesn't match up. (Hell, maybe even Mayimbe forgot which issue Him/AW debuted. Or it might be one of the "missing" comics. W/E.)

Here's something to remember about the latest clue: you don't necessarily have to take "on the nose" literally. Could be a play on words. "The nose" sounds very similar to "Tha-Nos," so the clue might be saying instead, "It's not so on Thanos." What (in)famous accessory is missing from Thanos in the Avengers clip? Gauntlet, of course.

So I think the big reveal about a plot point is one we've long suspected, but Mayimbe may have confirmation: Infinity Gauntlet. With Adam Warlock aboard.

More I think about it I don't how/why they would do a GotG movie without Warlock. He's been a member of the team and has intimate ties with Thanos and Gamora.

does captain Marvel have any relevance in any of this? Or Mar-vell? I am dying to see him. Would certainly explain the whole Carol thing as well. Though, I am sorta with you there. Warlock and the IG

If that diamond is really a vagina, then if Ms Marvel had been in Avengers, Iron Man could've strapped her to that missile at the end (like Wonder Woman below) and let her ride off into that portal and create that Chitauri explosion instead of risking his own neck.

bcd6365b7443d450adbbefb7b1fecd8b-orig

does captain Marvel have any relevance in any of this? Or Mar-vell? I am dying to see him. Would certainly explain the whole Carol thing as well. Though, I am sorta with you there. Warlock and the IG
They could work Mar-Vell into it, though that's not as likely as Warlock or Quasar. Carol has zero chance other than maybe a cameo when Peter is still on Earth, though that may be more appropriate for Cap 2 depending on whether they go 616 or Ultimate for her. Honestly, Mar-Vell and Carol would just work best with their own movie.

After some further digging, I think that air force logo Mayimbe posted actually has something to do with Vance Astro, not Carol Danvers like everyone has thought. Vance Astro was an Air Force pilot who entered the astronaut training program and was apart of the first intersteller travel in Earth history. He landed on Alpha Centauri which led to the 1969 Guardians forming.

Yeah he is. He's pretty important to Gamora's character as well.

Would LOVE it if Major Victory was in this!

I think Astro could show up... There may be plans for him, but he could be left out, as well as much of the alternate future story. Although, I think there's much more to Gunn researching the original team at first. Some of it may be combined with the stories of our other pilots, Carol in particular.

I think a certain celestial's head will have more importance than Astro, and the alternate future in the end... but Astro could be glimpsed along with some of the after effects of what happens when Thanos destroys half the universe.

Star Lord and Ship might be somehow telepathically drawn to this decapitated Celestial head at the edge of the universe, where the future Guardians and Warlock come to be after Magus is defeated and taken out of the timeline... A place where all timelines and space is glimpsed by many species to look at the multiple ways the universe can end... Cosmo's arrival causes some trouble but not as much as the comics, making their last ability to travel back into the timeline a sudden choice, accompanied by Warlock and others present at knowwhere, now returned after Magus's influence on the timeline was removed. That's why Korvak could be a clue/might have been considered at first/might be tied to magus/Warlock and their relationship + how Korvak is sent back in time.

Last edited:
Yeah im hoping for a celestial head base even if they don't name or explain it.

I think Astro could show up... There may be plans for him, but he could be left out, as well as much of the alternate future story. Although, I think there's much more to Gunn researching the original team at first. Some of it may be combined with the stories of our other pilots, Carol in particular.

I think a certain celestial's head will have more importance than Astro, and the alternate future in the end... but Astro could be glimpsed along with some of the after effects of what happens when Thanos destroys half the universe.

Star Lord and Ship might be somehow telepathically drawn to this decapitated Celestial head at the edge of the universe, where the future Guardians and Warlock come to be after Magus is defeated and taken out of the timeline... A place where all timelines and space is glimpsed by many species to look at the multiple ways the universe can end... Cosmo's arrival causes some trouble but not as much as the comics, making their last ability to travel back into the timeline a sudden choice, accompanied by Warlock and others present at knowwhere, now returned after Magus's influence on the timeline was removed. That's why Korvak could be a clue/might have been considered at first/might be tied to magus/Warlock and their relationship + how Korvak is sent back in time.

How could Vance Astro ever be involved when he's listed a mutant? I thought Fox had the rights to practically all of them. Although, I don't see his character listed as having appeared in any X-Men publications.

BTW, LokiD you really need to get off the multiple/alternate futures and timelines. Not happening.

Last edited:
Clue 1 - A gem, specifically the soul gem.

Clue 2 - A hint towards Vance Astro.

Clue 3 - A hint towards the story-line, how many of those characters fought against Thanos during the gauntlet shenanigans.

Clue 4 - It's not so on the nose, It's not so on Thanos! What was not on Thanos in The Avengers.

He said he was dropping some plot, so here's my theory that will probably be disproved in less than a day. GOTG begins in the past, with a quick montage of Vance Astro going into Project: Starjump<--wikipedia. His ship encounters Thanos who badly damages it bringing Astro out cryo-sleep and into the present. He escapes and meets the GOTG and explains his situation and they tell him they're actually running from Thanos too, because they have the soul gem. So they'd really be chased by Thanos, various bounty hunters, and Adam Warlock who only wants the gem with someone who won't abuse its powers. The movie would mainly focus on the Guardians, with scenes featuring, Cosmo and the Head/Space Station, Thanos, and Warlock with some hints of his other self thrown in at the end.

Last edited:
Clue 1 - A gem, specifically the soul gem.

Clue 2 - A hint towards Vance Astro.

Clue 3 - A hint towards the story-line, how many of those characters fought against Thanos during the gauntlet shenanigans.

Clue 4 - It's not so on the nose, It's not so on Thanos! What was not on Thanos in The Avengers.

He said he was dropping some plot, so here's my theory that will probably be disproved in less than a day. GOTG begins in the past, with a quick montage of Vance Astro going into Project: Starjump<--wikipedia. His ship encounters Thanos who badly damages it bringing Astro out cryo-sleep and into the present. He escapes and meets the GOTG and explains his situation and they tell him they're actually running from Thanos too, because they have the soul gem. So they'd really be chased by Thanos, various bounty hunters, and Adam Warlock who only wants the gem with someone who won't abuse its powers. The movie would mainly focus on the Guardians, with scenes featuring, Cosmo and the Head/Space Station, Thanos, and Warlock with some hints of his other self thrown in at the end.
Wow, I can't believe I never thought about the soul gem being the hand sign. And yes, you're definitely right about all those heroes having taken on Thanos in the Infinity Saga (although he said it was only one character). Like how it can all tie into Vance Astro as well. We'll find out in about 12 hours.

Eh, Vance is a little too 4th-5th stringer, and *too* old school, to introduce into the MCU. Not saying it's not a possibility, nor an interesting plotline, but Vance just isn't someone Marvel cares about in recent decades --- unless you're talking about Justice, who's actually become a pretty major figure in the Avengers Initiative as a lead superhero instructor.

If GOTG1 becomes box office gold, which I believe it has the potential for, then I'd start betting the big chips on seeing at least one or two of the 31st century GOTG show up for the sequel. But this movie has its hands full already without adding (more) obscure characters on the periphery.

The reason to have Astro in the film is to honor the and nod at the original Guardians, which Marvel likes to do, and probably set-up the plot for the film. He wouldn't be the focal point of the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"