Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the Guardians team up with the Avengers in Avengers 3 fighting Thanos, will that be enough to defeat him?

Going by comics which will probably change, Drax has beat him without the gauntlet if I remember correctly. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

But with the Gauntlet it will take the whole Universe, new cosmic characters and some mistakes on Thanos himself regarding Death (if they include her) and his own ego.

Last edited:
So if the Guardians team up with the Avengers in Avengers 3 fighting Thanos, will that be enough to defeat him?

Difficult to say. This will depend on how they portray his abilities. If we take a look at Thanos' power set in the comics, it includes super strength, durability, stamina, regeneration and intellect, plus teleportation, energy projection and anything else his (very advanced) technology is currently doing. Just by looking at that list, we can see they'll have to nerf him in a similar way they nerfed the Avengers.

Of course, in the comics they usually can't beat him by themselves. Thanos is so strong largely because of how much he works on improving itself with new technology or artifacts. They couldn't take him on Infinity. The only reason Drax managed to kill him in Annihilation was because Thanos was caught by surprise, and was mostly unnequiped if I recall correctly.

So regular Thanos is kind of in this strange power level that is above Heralds of Galactus, but below Odin or Big G himself. Of course, he often managed to come out on top anyway because he's incredibly smart. You can see it when he acquires the Infinity Gems: Thanos went against the wielders of the gems and doesn't win a single one by force, but by cunning and trickery. How will that translate to the movies? We've already seen he's willing to manipulate events to achieve his goals. What remains to be seen is if he will have a proportional amount of sheer power as he does in the comics.

I just noticed that the MCU is the biggest thing BDT has ever done.

Unless cast in a James Cameron film the MCU is pretty much the biggest thing any actor could do really. Granted they can make it to Avengers.

:)

1956809_10151978456751701_284372307_o.jpg

This Monday?...not Sunday?

I guess they would have major competition with Game of Thrones and Wrestlemania.

"I wanna see the raccoon movie." -My mother after Captain America: The Winter Soldier :yay:

I don't know much about GotG, but the main; StarLord's ho-hum demeanor just reminds me of the movie Serenity for some reason? Maybe it's just me, but it gives me that vibe?
I'm sure I'll check it out anyways, it looks decent in an odd sort of way.

The Guardians & Avengers will need every super hero (& maybe even some villains) in the MCU to take down Thanos; I think nearly every superhero who's appeared in the MCU by the time Avengers 3 roles around will be in that movie.

The Guardians & Avengers will need every super hero (& maybe even some villains) in the MCU to take down Thanos; I think nearly every superhero who's appeared in the MCU by the time Avengers 3 roles around will be in that movie.

the more the merrier for thanos, we will destroy half of them before they can probably get close to the gauntlet

That would be way too many characters.

That would be way too many characters.

Well most of them would likely die (at least temporarily). Did the big battle scenes in The Lord of the Rings have too many characters? I doubt anyone is seriously saying "Avengers 3 needs every single charcter to have their own 10 minute monologue."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"