Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the site that shall not be named.

While Thanos is never directly named in the following description for a scene being put together for Guardians of the Galaxy during Bloomberg's recent visit to Marvel Studios, common sense says that's exactly who we're talking about here! Not only does this give us an idea about the collaboration between Kevin Feige and the directors working on the movies he produces, but this serves as an interesting tease as to what we should expect from Thanos' presence in the movie later this year. Seeing his floating throne should also prove to be a real treat for longtime fans...

Gunn freezes a frame of an imposing-looking villain any serious comic book fan would recognize instantly. He sits on a rocket-powered throne. Feige sees something on the screen that he doesn’t like. The evildoer needs to be farther away in the frame so he looks more imperious, he says.

“I don’t know,” says Gunn. “I think it’s going to look cool, man.”

“You just don’t want him to feel petty in that way,” Feige says. “I think it’s a fine line.”

“How do you think it comes off as petty here?” Gunn says.

“He’s so damn close,” Feige says.

“Yeah,” concedes Gunn. “I think I’m going to have him floating in space.”

Feige is concerned about the throne, too. He points at the base. “Those don’t need to be rockets,” he says. “Maybe gravity disks?” Feige says he’ll check back later.

In the hallway he extracts a pledge not to name the bad guy. “That could not be a bigger spoiler,” Feige says.

haha i think that's great. Feige, with his comic book knowledge, is just giving basically a fans opinion. I agree with him, Thanos wouldn't use rockets. Some kind of gravity discs or other propulsion tech would definitely be more fitting.

From the site that shall not be named.

While Thanos is never directly named in the following description for a scene being put together for Guardians of the Galaxy during Bloomberg's recent visit to Marvel Studios, common sense says that's exactly who we're talking about here! Not only does this give us an idea about the collaboration between Kevin Feige and the directors working on the movies he produces, but this serves as an interesting tease as to what we should expect from Thanos' presence in the movie later this year. Seeing his floating throne should also prove to be a real treat for longtime fans...

Gunn freezes a frame of an imposing-looking villain any serious comic book fan would recognize instantly. He sits on a rocket-powered throne. Feige sees something on the screen that he doesn’t like. The evildoer needs to be farther away in the frame so he looks more imperious, he says.

“I don’t know,” says Gunn. “I think it’s going to look cool, man.”

“You just don’t want him to feel petty in that way,” Feige says. “I think it’s a fine line.”

“How do you think it comes off as petty here?” Gunn says.

“He’s so damn close,” Feige says.

“Yeah,” concedes Gunn. “I think I’m going to have him floating in space.”

Feige is concerned about the throne, too. He points at the base. “Those don’t need to be rockets,” he says. “Maybe gravity disks?” Feige says he’ll check back later.

In the hallway he extracts a pledge not to name the bad guy. “That could not be a bigger spoiler,” Feige says.

Thanoscopter confirmed! :o :hehe:

Last edited:
Guardians Of The Galaxy Characters Could Spin Off Into Solo Films

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/0...xy-characters-could-spin-off-into-solo-films/

Iger also said that the Guardians aren’t the only characters that Marvel Studios is considering for the solo treatment, saying that discussions were already happening about solo films featuring certain new characters appearing in Avengers: Age of Ultron, though he wouldn’t say who. Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are the only two major additions to the team that we know of. Maybe he’s considering the twins for the solo treatment, or maybe the film has a surprise or two in store.

Maybe the Ms. Marvel rumors are true...

haha i think that's great. Feige, with his comic book knowledge, is just giving basically a fans opinion. I agree with him, Thanos wouldn't use rockets. Some kind of gravity discs or other propulsion tech would definitely be more fitting.

Yeah, gravity discs sound better. It's funny how he just sounds like a standard creative boss being a nag about nitpicky things. Though I'm sure this is a special case, since Thanos is an insanely important piece of connective tissue.

Well, Gamora's green, so I don't think it really counts.

A Gamora solo movie could work if she's in an assassin/bounty hunter role but I don't really think any demand is there. A Star-Lord solo movie would rock, and a buddy-cop actioner with Rocket and Groot as the leads would probably make gangbusters

Gamora may be green but in the real world it would still be a minority actress leading a major Hollywood film.

The fact Feige is putting that much thought into a throne is fantastic.

rsqwr2F.jpg

Yeah, that would look awkward with rockets. Good on Feige for caring about small details like that.

Ahhh the next page in that comic is soooo awesome. He travels through different dimensions and realities. Some turn him to sand. Some turn him to glass. Some melt him. But through sheer willpower he reforms himself. For he is Thanos!

I can't wait for Thanos to get that infinity gauntlet and go to face the avengers...

thanos-walkf.gif
thanos-rocks.gif
thanos-wins.gif
thanos-gif.gif

Yeesss... we're getting the Cosmic Barka-lounger :woot: I wonder if we'll also get that talking sphere that serves as his assistant. I love that little guy.

Ahhh the next page in that comic is soooo awesome. He travels through different dimensions and realities. Some turn him to sand. Some turn him to glass. Some melt him. But through sheer willpower he reforms himself. For he is Thanos!

The way I read it, it wasn't even an issue of willpower. Their effect on him is just insignificant.

"Different realities have only minimal effect on my being. I always stay true to myself. For Thanos is unique in ANY reality."
:word:

Last edited:
So how powerful is Thanos compared to Galactus and Apocalypse?

Weaker than the former, stronger than the latter. But IMO the threat he provides is through more his intelligence and cunning rather than his strength, which is just the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Apocalypse is nothing to him. But Thanos isn't really a threat to Galactus. Although he did once make the Big G uncomfortable with a telepathic attack. And Galactus had to kinda exert himself to pierce Thanos' shields when he zorched him.

Thanos is basically Reed Richards and Dr Doom combined in terms of intelligence. He's hundreds of times stronger than Hulk or Thor. He's fast enough to not be troubled by the Silver Surfer. His telepathic power dwarfs Professor X's.

This is all without the Infinity Gauntlet.

Last edited:
Loved seeing the trailer on the big screen. It got some cheers and laughing at the right spots.

Yeah, Guardians easily got the largest response out of a trailers I saw attached with Cap.

Rocket is already doing his job without having to say a word. Reaction was very enthusiastic.

Thanos Quest in general was awesome. It featured some really good character exploration, and showcased a surprisingly extensive amount of cosmic Marvel for a two issue comic.

But what I like the most about it is that, while it is a prequel to Infinity Gauntlet, it's not just a prologue. It's a perfectly contained plot by itself. Even if you don't read the follow-up, you can still understand it as the story of a being who loved Death and achieved an omnipotence that, in the end, didn't bring him what he wanted. That's a really interesting concept, and one I hope the movies touch on.

Thanos will be the main villain in Avengers 3. I don't see how he could be.

It's funny, when I was a kid Thanos became my favourite Marvel supervillain when he was the final boss in that Marvel Super Heroes game and when he showed up in a 90s Ka-Zar comic. If that was enough to make me fall in love with the character, imagine how nuts I'd have gone if I'd read the awesome Jim Starlin stuff back then?

This is all speculation, but something I've been thinking about. The plot being set up seems to be that The Guardians end up in possession of this orb which results in Thanos' forces hunting them. We can also assume that, to progress the overall arc of the MCU and the path to The Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos most likely needs to get the orb as of the end of the film. Does that mean that we'll see The Guardians of the Galaxy lose here? Are we headed for a shock Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid type ending?

Maybe The Collector will prove to be an ally and they'll hand it to him or someone else who seems to be a friend, then they'll turn out to be working for Thanos? But that may be too much of a rehash from TDW's post-credit scene, so I dunno.

Saw the trailer in 3D last night at TWS and loved it even more now that I got to see it on the big screen. Really can't wait to see this, August can't get here fast enough!

So if the Guardians team up with the Avengers in Avengers 3 fighting Thanos, will that be enough to defeat him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"