Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope some of the casual movie goers who've enjoyed for example just Ironman 1 and The Avengers will realise Guardians is a continuation of these stories, all coming together eventually in a big bowl of gorgeousness in the future.
Marvel must make it so clear this is the case, that you could stand in your local shopping centre with a clipboard and stop 100 people over 65 years old, ask them what they know about Guardians of the Galaxy and 85 of them would tell you its linked to the Ironman, Thor, Cap, Hulk, Avengers movies.

That's what's needed.

Last edited:
loved the trailer, had a great tone. anyone else getting a firefly/serenity vibe from it?

cant wait to see more :)
After watching the trailer a few more times, I've kind of decided it feels little like Firefly/Serenity kind of mixed with Hellboy's weirdness/other-worldliness (which I don't necessarily see as a bad thing :cwink:)

Pretty sure I'm slowly coming around to this movie :)

Blue Swede - "Hooked On A Feeling"

Might have been the compelling argument. My dad is in his fifties and he doesn´t like Sci-fi, says it feels ridiculous. But Blue Swede being a Swedish band from his "era" changed that. He was like, oh when can we see that one. And was like, hold that thought. Better go get a recorder.

Some top notch fan art coming out for this.

Lou9ViZ.png

Someone have a download link for the 1080p version of the Trailer?

I hope some of the casual movie goers who've enjoyed for example just Ironman 1 and The Avengers will realise Guardians is a continuation of these stories, all coming together eventually in a big bowl of gorgeousness in the future.
Marvel must make it so clear this is the case, that you could stand in your local shopping centre with a clipboard and stop 100 people over 65 years old, ask them what they know about Guardians of the Galaxy and 85 of them would tell you its linked to the Ironman, Thor, Cap, Hulk, Avengers movies.

That's what's needed.

No it's not as I seriously doubt their target demographic is the 65 and older group.

Those folk will most likely not know nor care.

Blue Swede - "Hooked On A Feeling"

Might have been the compelling argument. My dad is in his fifties and he doesn´t like Sci-fi, says it feels ridiculous. But Blue Swede being a Swedish band from his "era" changed that. He was like, oh when can we see that one. And was like, hold that thought. Better go get a recorder.
Yeah but Ally, I'M that age too and I love sci-fi. Hooked on a feeling might now be anything but on Peter's walkman

Someone have a download link for the 1080p version of the Trailer?
I haven't seen one. The only way I got one was without sound one from the you tube saver, savefrom.net

Special effects company Framstore who worked on Grvaity also did the effects for GotG

Special effects company Framstore who worked on Grvaity also did the effects for GotG

I think the last complaint will be concerning special effects. I mean Rocket's CGI is just flawless.

I think the last complaint will be concerning special effects. I mean Rocket's CGI is just flawless.

And if that's the complaint then things will be very good since effects are among the least important things. Special effects are just a spice and can't make anything good on it's own, plus that the viewer has equal responsibility for his immersion as the movie has. I don't see any need to complain about what we've seen this far though.

Mjölnir;28003623 said:
And if that's the complaint then things will be very good since effects are among the least important things. Special effects are just a spice and can't make anything good on it's own, plus that the viewer has equal responsibility for his immersion as the movie has. I don't see any need to complain about what we've seen this far though.

Agreed. I think Gunn got the story right...he seems like he really understood each GOTG team member.

Agreed. I think Gunn got the story right...he seems like he really understood each GOTG team member.
...didn't he dislike Rocket tho? I seem to remember someone hating Rocket in the beginning and was trying not to use Rocket as a raccoon looking creature

...didn't he dislike Rocket tho? I seem to remember someone hating Rocket in the beginning and was trying not to use Rocket as a raccoon looking creature

Really? Didn't he refer to Rocket being an essential part of the team, but also tricky to bring onto the big screen?

Just noticed the Lylla easter egg. :awesome:

Really? Didn't he refer to Rocket being an essential part of the team, but also tricky to bring onto the big screen?
No, I vaguely recall someone, not sure who right now, in a video at some convention early on saying they didn't like Rocket as a racoon. I do know they were part of the movie tho.

Meh, as long as Rocket's like he is in the books, and Groot is only understandable to Rocket, I'm fine with it. lol

I've heard nothing but pure love from Gunn for Rocket, from the beginning.

Just got round to watching the trailer, looks really good and it got me excited to see it. In my mind the only thing missing from Starlord is a cigar or something to go with the attitude lol

No, I vaguely recall someone, not sure who right now, in a video at some convention early on saying they didn't like Rocket as a racoon. I do know they were part of the movie tho.

Meh, as long as Rocket's like he is in the books, and Groot is only understandable to Rocket, I'm fine with it. lol

I remember Joss Whedon said something like when he spoke to Feige about the GOTG team, he was really not feeling Groot and Rocket being in it because those characters were just too out there, too strange, etc., but when Feige told him they were looking at James Gunn to direct, Joss was all, "Okay… well then, you have to have the raccoon and tree." LOL!

I don't know if that's what you were referring to Vartha.

I can't wait to watch this, and I will probably love it, but it is NOT going to be popular. it will be stupid, and the reactions I've seen to the trailer indicate that it will not do very well IMO, especially for a Marvel film (it will still probably make a decent profit though).

I just hope Marvel aren't pinning too many of their hopes on this and other films with lesser known characters. They will never be as popular as the original Avengers crew unfortunately.

Hopefully they can recover and still smash out many, many more films in the MCU. That's all I care about, because I love all of them, no matter how lame they get.

The funny thing with people who find this movie stupid is that they had better not be Star Wars or Star Trek fans. I already gave hell to a few of my friends who are Star Wars fanatics that think this movie looks ridiculous. This looks ridiculous because of characters like Groot and Rocket not to mention people with different colored skin? Yet Star Wars is full of weird ****ing creatures and...people with different colored skin at times. It shows how biased and sometimes insane a lot of Star Wars fans can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"