Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can count on me… to be really, really strange ;)

You don't know strange until you've watched the documentary on people who are in love with inanimate objects, including one woman who married a Ferris wheel. My eyes could not be scrubbed enough during the "greasing."

That trailer was perfect. It really captures the tone and characters of the comic book.

You don't know strange until you've watched the documentary on people who are in love with inanimate objects, including one woman who married a Ferris wheel. My eyes could not be scrubbed enough during the "greasing."

This is all a fallout from watching HER. After that, human/inanimate object love doesn't seem so… bad? :word:

Marvel: encouraging weird attractions to varmints since 2014.

The funniest and most serious trailer they've put out yet. I think I still prefer trailer #2 though because of the music choices they made in that one.

PLEASE tell me there's a 1080 version of the U.K. trailer

The UK trailer is the best one yet. I don't mind that song Hooked On A Feeling, but I do think they have used it a bit too much in the marketing, and this latest trailer seems to be more sober and more dramatic than the previous ones. I wish Marvel will use the UK trailer in the US.

Latest trailer is the best one yet, you really feel the characters coming through in this one and they so like their comic book counterpart in this trailer its unreal, especially Rocket and Quill.

Would still like a bit more Drax and Ronan as they are my main attraction for the movie. But I like the rest of the characters as well so its not a big thing. Cosmic Marvel is just awesome and it looks like they have really captured it in this movie.

I too am really digging the new UK trailer. But then again I love every single one they have put out so there is that

This is all a fallout from watching HER. After that, human/inanimate object love doesn't seem so… bad? :word:

Marvel: encouraging weird attractions to varmints since 2014.

Vision and Scarlet Witch.
Stature and Vision II in Young Avengers.

Also, DC did it with GL: TAS. A rage-filled Red Lantern fell in love with a space ship's AI which had gained sentience/built a physical body for herself.

I watched the trailer before I went to sleep last night and had a hard time falling asleep since I was thinking about for a good hour. Absolutely loved how they made Rocket's interactions with Peter so natural. Also, like that they addressed Groot only being able to say 3 words in the trailer.

****** Guardians of the Galaxy Post-Credit Scene? Exclusive Details

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/richard-rider-nova-guardians-galaxy-post-credit-scene-exclusive-details

So I was at Toys R Us and found the GOTG Lego sets. I got all three of them.

Anyway, I noticed something interesting about Milano's cockpit...

g37i.jpg

That's Aurebesh. It says "LOCK".

It could be just a fun Lego easter egg, but I do hope that there's another Star Wars reference in the movie. #pattonoswaltwasright

This new trailer was great. Introduces more of the story and gives you a better idea of the tone and overall dynamic amongst the team.

I would be very surprised if the mid credit scene doesn't tie in directly to A:AoU with Thanos. Maybe they could do something cosmic for the end title stinger but those have generally been nods to the fans and not anything major

I know that's not true, but damn I'd love to see Nova sooner rather than later.

Also, the International Trailer finally made me hyped for movie Rocket again... The first two trailers got me on dat Groot hype train.

Yea, introducing Nova abruptly in a post-credit scene would not really work IMO. At least a little back-story is required in order to explain how another Earthing came to be a cosmic superhero. I'm thinking they save Nova's introduction for a GOTG sequel. He could play a co-lead while not exactly joining the Guardians. They could then spin off subsequent solo Nova movies.

Adam Warlock, on the other hand, we've seen foreboding of. The Collector's cocoon was quite prominently displayed in the Thor 2 post-credit sequence. I think it's quite probable that the GOTG mid-credit scene will involve Warlock emerging from sad cocoon and possibly giving some dire prophecy about Thanos' universe-obliterating plan.

If you cannot tell, I'm frickin' excited about Marvel exploring the cosmic side of their universe and cannot wait for GOTG. :)

Yea i'd say there is more chance of Warlock being in the credit scenes.

Richie Ryder, if he was to be mentioned or referenced, would make more sense in the main film itself. Maybe whilst on Xandar they'd come across a rookie Nova Centurion from Earth. But seeing as Close and Reilly's characters also seem to be humans, it takes away a bit of that uniqueness from Ryder straight away.

I've loved all three trailers thus far, and now I'm kinda feeling like if we don't get any more trailers, that's okay. Over the course of the three trailers, we've had:

- an introduction to the main characters
- a showcase for the main characters, with each getting a badass moment
- a closer look at the lead hero and where he's come from
- brief snippets of most of the key supporting cast
- a sense of the plot, but keeping it vague, nothing too specific/spoilery
- a taster of a couple of action set-pieces, but again, not giving much away
- a strong sense of the film's tone, particularly its sense of fun
- a small glimpse of some of the heart and emotion under the surface
- a taste of the cinematography and aesthetic
- a showcase of the soundtrack

Really, it's all the stuff I might want to know from a trailer going into a movie. Heavy focus on character and tone, while being quite evasive about the specific mechanics of what happens when in the film's story. These are the best kind of trailers for me, the ones that can sell you on the EXPERIENCE of watching a film without going into the plot in such depth that your experience of watching the actual film is reduced to waiting for the big trailer beats to hit (cough Amazing Spider-Man 2 cough).

If we were to maybe get one more trailer before release, focusing more heavily on Ronan and Nebula as the antagonists and perhaps touching on them being the respective nemeses of Drax and Gamora, and maybe giving a little insight into the Orb as the central Macguffin of the story, then I'd truly say that Marvel had covered ALL their bases in the trailer marketing. But that would just be a bonus for me at this stage, the film is already well and truly sold for meM

From what I've gathered, the story is very similar to The Avengers. Ronan makes a deal with Thanos, like Loki, and a team must come together in order to save the universe. Obviously in the comics and films the teams are very different so it's a lot more unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"